Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Harry Potter = Evil

Go down 
+16
Dr. Professor Science
Lapin
Fairlight
Malganis
Miss Misery
Sarin
Exodia's Right Leg
Drabbler
Spotts1701
Mafiosa
Just Chipper
Rabid Badger
Maximilia
Yorokobi
Seule
WD40
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

Harry Potter  = Evil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter = Evil   Harry Potter  = Evil - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:36 pm

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Mikey wrote:
First of all, isn't is spelled "muslim"?
They're both transliterations from a different alphabet, so variations are pretty normal. Apparently the Moslem spelling is an older one, so sayeth Wikipedia.
That's pretty much my memory, as well. I grew up always seeing one spelling, and then at some point, I started seeing the other instead. I don't recall seeing any condemnation of the old one, just the change.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Harry Potter  = Evil - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Harry Potter = Evil   Harry Potter  = Evil - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:37 pm

Penguin wrote:
szaleniec wrote:
In the Wacky World of Fundie™️, Latin is evil papist-speak. I'm only half joking.

I know a dude whose mom refused to watch LotR because it was written by a Catholic, and therefore evil.

My maternal grandfather was rabidly anti-Catholic, to the point he burned my mother's Latin workbook when she was in high school because Latin, as we all know, is the language of the Devil. Then he went to the school board and demanded they stop teaching high school students Latin. He also refused to pay the fine for destroying the book.
Back to top Go down

Harry Potter = Evil
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2