Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WGW do I have to work with you?

Go down 
+41
myeerah
Mikey Go WOOGA
KGarrett
cristina_chavia
Exodia's Right Leg
Lady Anne
Reepicheep-chan
NichoMas
Penguin
EricD
Sheba
Lexin
Just Chipper
Maximilia
Sutremaine
TheIan
Miss Misery
Mr.Doobie
Maledisant
The Unoriginal
lemmingwriter
Ghost in the Machine
Sparrow
Jesus.
Notomys mordax
grmblfjx
Khajidu
Nightboomfer
TheHermit
Lapin
Aggie
Mafiosa
Braigwen
Cyberwulf
Raine
Cactus Wren
Verandering
Knorg
rae
EileenK98
WD40
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 11:50 pm

So I work with this guy, let's call him Ryan.

Ryan has a brain injury of some kind (and probably some degree of autism to boot) and as such the tasks he is competant to do are fairly limited. Fair enough; that's not his fault after all, and while working with him I get to go out on the floor and do the tricky/'dangerous' more fun things he can't do.

I only wish he'd let me do them.

Cashiers in our store are supposed to ask for someone else to come and help check when there are more than three people per line---it cuts the customers' wait time down. Ryan, however, will panic and need help for two people. As we're fairly busy this time of year, I have to come help him every ten minutes or so. Productivity? What's that? I end up having to stay after closing to finish what I should have been able to finish during the work day. He, meanwhile, can do as little of his job as humanly possible, take long breaks whenever he likes, and leave early. Because of his injury, ya know.

As if that's not bad enough, he hasn't much grasp on what's rude. When he needs help he'll do this..weird gesture that's a combination of snapping one's fingers and pointing, like a command one might give a dog. (One reason I think he might be autistic; he also will rock back and forth on his hands between customers, muttering and snarling and huffing to himself.)

Also he speaks like a mildly-retarded duck that swallowed a bicycle horn.

TLDR: Captain Brain-Injury should probably not be working.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 02, 2010 6:37 am

Dear Floor People of (Store),

Break schedules exist for a reason. They are not a guideline; not a suggestion; they are written in stone. Everyone else's break depends on you going to yours on time -- and more importantly, coming back on time, so the next person can go.

I am not waiting an hour for my break again because the person on the floor who was supposed to come up and relieve me on register either didn't know when her break was, or took it half an hour late and still isn't back yet. No one exists in a vacuum. We all depend on each other to do the right thing.

If it was one person on the floor, I wouldn't care. But nobody out there ever goes on time, and it's really becoming a problem! Please check your break schedule, and stick to it. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 04, 2010 10:55 pm

Dude, I was going to KILL my co-barista. I was on register and she was on bar and she was flipping out, taking one or two drinks at a time while rushing around like a mad person and cranking the drinks out like her life depended on it. I mean, it was busy but it was not that serious. One experienced ringer with a shitty reg and an inexperienced ringer can only do so much, so there was a line, but we're fucking Starbucks. People will wait for an hour for their shitty coffee, so I've learned not to give a shit. And aside from the one drink at a time that she'd take, she had NOTHING going on. So she was making it that much stressful over NOTHING. She was giving me panic attacks by existing in my vicinity.

Plus, she played keepaway with my marker to mark drinks and then getting mad at me because *I* didnt take names. Bitch, you took her order, take her fucking name while you're at it! Ask her if she wants whip cream while you're butting in trying to do my job and treating each customer like an inconvience while you're at it. I cant write her name on the drink because YOU have my marker and you'd forget the name anyway in a second because you're too busy having a freakout.

I'm so glad the shift sent her home (albiet because there was too many people on the floor at the moment, but still). She drives me insane. And she HAS to call you out on everything. EVERYTHING. ANYTHING IS HER JURISDICTION. If she overhears it, she has to correct you, even if what she's correcting you on is dead-ass wrong. She basically misinformed the customer while trying to educate ME on something SHE knew nothing about. So I look like an idiot and SHE gets too look like miss senior awesome and AGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH PASSION TEA HAS NO PASSION FRUIT IN IT YOU DOMINICAN AIRHEAD KNOW-IT-ALL THE CUSTOMERS DON'T KNOW ANY BETTER BUT YOU SHOULD GODDAMN IT

*strangles*
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 9:05 am

Of all the jobs I worked, washing dishes at the college mess-hall (not the Eldercare facility, that job was different) was not bad. It was stressful (YOU work 9AM-8PM on your own every Sunday for a boss that wants you doing 13,000,000 other things at once!) but it was a decent job. Actually, no, it was horrifically terrible. There was too much to do and not enough time to do it all in, there wasn't enough space for students to set their trays down after they were done, the majority of the co-workers were idiots, I daresay I'm glad the college canceled their contract for another. Just wish the new company that ran the mess-hall hired me back. Fuck.

But one of the few people I have had to work with was utterly useless. He would wash a few dishes, whip out his cell-phone, and text for the rest of the fucking day.

WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 199471

He would text every five minutes and never got anything done, while I was stuck having to wash hundreds of thousands of trays, usually on my own. On the other days when I wasn't solo, I had to deal with Whinybitch McNeedlepenis, who would come when called in and then bitch about he had a day off. I would too, mind, but not at the level of Whinybitch McNeedlepenis. And I only call him because he would joke about how he thought he had the biggest doomcock ("Don't kick me in the shin, that's where my penis hangs!" O.O).

I don't even know where I'm going with this, I've been holding this in for about two years and wanted to get it out of my system.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 7:38 pm

More stupidity from my part-time job with an agency for the developmentally disabled

1) The lift vans for each house are plugged in every night in the winter, so they'll actually start the next morning. Normally, this isn't a problem. Worst I've personally seen are sparks that fly when you plug the van to the power cord (Yes, the van should be plugged in first, then the power cord to wherever it plugs in the house/maintenance shed, but unfortunately our agency doesn't work that way. We don't - or at least, I don't - know where the other end of said power cord is actually attached, so that end is live when it touches the van.)

Yesterday, one of my co-workers went to plug the van in for the evening. When she tried, there were FLAMES. As in, the power-cord-was-turning-black-from-soot/heat. She called the manager, who was off for the day, and informed her. Said manager's advice? "Just try it again. We really need that van to be able to start in the morning so the clients can get to work/day program." Because, y'know, fire wouldn't prevent that at all.

2) Also yesterday: On second shift (which starts at 2:30), the keys to the medicine closet/laundry room/food storage/housekeeping areas were missing. As in, we could not locate them, despite searching several clients' rooms, bathrooms, the board where said keys are supposed to hang, and anywhere else we could think of. So we began thinking someone accidentally took them home (it's happened before -the site cell phone has also accidentally been taken). We noticed this by 3pm - meds are supposed to be passed between 4-5pm, which gave us an hour before we really needed to start worrying.

I called the girl from first shift, who claimed she'd never gotten the keys from third shift (which means she didn't do any cleaning on her shift and the client who's been home ill probably didn't get the proper lunch he was supposed to have, either). I tried to contact third shift, couldn't reach them. It took me two tries to reach the manager. She contacted third shift, called us to tell us to search the house again, and then said she was sending one of the third-shift staff to retrace her steps to find the keys. Only if she couldn't find them would the manager come by to unlock everything with her master key.

By the time I left work (I was only supposed to stay until 3:45), the girl from third shift hadn't arrived.

This manager is the same one who has, at times, forgotten to make sure the house has copies of all the vital paperwork (med error forms, incident/behavior reports, time sheets, etc). She has also not always gotten the groceries needed for the house - which may also be the fault of third shift, who're supposed to create the grocery list. She has sometimes indicated that a client's behaviors (deliberate pooping on the floor, attempting to hit staff, etc) are excused because "well, s/he didn't like the news that s/he received or s/he had a bad day..." That doesn't mean they have the right to treat us that way, developmentally delayed or not!

She doesn't trust staff when they relay the news that church services for the clients have been canceled (to be fair, staff at other houses and some of the staff at her house have canceled church in the past simply because they don't feel like taking the clients), even when the information is legit (via a call from the church, the on-call manager, a note sent home with a client, whatever), nor does she call the churches to double-check before lecturing the staff about it.

When she is on the ball, she's actually a very good manager who knows what's going on and calls the clients out on their behavior if that's what's needed. When she's not on the ball...

In the house I usually sub for, the agency has also reduced the cleaning supply budget as "staff overuse the supplies". We're supposed to clean and sanitize on every shift, and we have a client whose clothing and bathroom frequently need far more cleaning that before (due to side effects of chemo). Yeah, they're going to go through cleaning materials like crazy. Go figure.

If I didn't need the job and didn't honestly care about the clients, I would've quit by now.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:21 am

Nihilist wrote:
I informed them of their problem yet they reminded me I was younger than them and therefore I didn't know what I was doing.

It doesn't matter if you're in a position of authority if you can't use that authority. Exercise it or forfeit it; there is no middle option in this case.

Quote :
Then there's this butch lesbian who thinks everything I say is rude.

See above. What exactly is she qualified to do, now?
Back to top Go down
NichoMas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
NichoMas

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:31 am

My manager is a huge idiot.
She asked where I'd gotten my license to paint. wat, she thinks you have to have a license to paint pictures. :I

Yesterday she asked me what a uterus was... She's female, and a med student. WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 199471 and 27 years old.

It's like her mouth is a fountain of stupidity that keeps running for my amusement.

One of my coworkers is obviously hispanic, and she asked him if he was black or white. WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 846489
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 10:21 am

Sparrow wrote:
If I didn't need the job and didn't honestly care about the clients, I would've quit by now.
That is the only way that kind of stuff gets done, unfortunately. I am grateful someone is doing it who is not me, so thank you. Thank you for taking care of the mentally ill so I do not have to.

On a personal note: I love my boss and most of my co-workers but damn did management ever drop the ball. Our full-time security guy went on a medical retirement. I did not find out until the day after he retired they were not going to hire a new guy to replace him. Three or four days later, guess who was being 'trained' (via the throwing in the deep end and watch if she drowns method) to do most of his job on top of her own work? Oh yeah, that would be me. Guess who knows the job and is training me? Oh right, that would be nobody. This is important, government security stuff and I have no clue what I am doing!

Haha, the upside is I am now full time with juicy benefits, but it is going to be a good long while before I actually know how to do my own job again. I hate screwing things up and I hate asking stupid questions to people who I am trying to look competent in front of, but I guess that happens anyway.

I get Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve paid vaycay~!
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 11:10 am

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Sparrow wrote:
That is the only way that kind of stuff gets done, unfortunately. I am grateful someone is doing it who is not me, so thank you. Thank you for taking care of the mentally ill so I do not have to.

On a personal note: I love my boss and most of my co-workers but damn did management ever drop the ball. Our full-time security guy went on a medical retirement. I did not find out until the day after he retired they were not going to hire a new guy to replace him. Three or four days later, guess who was being 'trained' (via the throwing in the deep end and watch if she drowns method) to do most of his job on top of her own work? Oh yeah, that would be me. Guess who knows the job and is training me? Oh right, that would be nobody. This is important, government security stuff and I have no clue what I am doing!

Haha, the upside is I am now full time with juicy benefits, but it is going to be a good long while before I actually know how to do my own job again. I hate screwing things up and I hate asking stupid questions to people who I am trying to look competent in front of, but I guess that happens anyway.

I get Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve paid vaycay~!
I can sympathize. My school district is avoiding layoffs by not replacing people who leave and instead giving their work to other people. As such, I returned from summer break in August to find that I was suddenly the librarian for two schools. They're both on the same campus, but the books for the new school had been delivered to me in cartons--350 of them. School started in three days, and one of the days before school started was occupied by a rather useless training. Well, school started, and suddenly my boss was breathing down my neck. Why isn't this done? Why isn't everything ready? Why does this take so long? Um...because you gave me 350 cartons of random books to sort out, no access to the computer program I needed to catalogue the books and issue them, and listed 3 different things as top priority, none of which included getting the books for the new school ready.

The task of getting those books sorted out was finally accomplished after two and a half weeks, numerous phone calls to the head librarian to get me set up in the computer program for the new school, and plenty of assistance from my TAs and kids who needed community service credit. When we were finally done, I threw a pizza party--and made sure the kids ate it all before the boss could get any.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 12:04 pm

While I'm still technically working there, my "replacement" at the office is supposed to be doing the work I used to do: designing publicity materials, writing letters, taking notes, proofing the major projects that come out of our office, etc. She was well-qualified, and although she's doing this job while working on her thesis AND teaching, I thought she was the better candidate. I interviewed her. I vouched for her. With the boss' blessing, I hired her.

And I come back on my winter break to find that that boss is not happy with her availability or the quality of her work. I looked at it; it's not bad, but it's definitely not up to the caliber that the office would prefer. For most things, it's good enough. Not spectacular, but okay.

This week, I ended up re-editing her section of the major project the office is working on at this time of year, then the next two major sections because she's out this whole week. This is published internationally, and "good enough" won't keep our funding to do it again next year. The accounting grad students spend 9-10 months researching and crunching numbers, then the coordinator does the write-up, and the editor (normally me) makes sure the whole thing's sound before it goes to the translators.

I'm looking at bouncing this project back and forth among the translators, the coordinator, and myself for the next month, because the boss doesn't want anyone else touching it now. And likely more projects will be coming my way, which, while it means more income for me, also means more stuff that has to get done on deadline.

What irritates me more than the prospect of having to take on extra work on top of coursework and teaching is the fact that I vouched for her, and now I look like a chump to the boss. And she now has mixed feelings about hiring anyone else from the English department.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:20 pm

I quit. I throw in the towel. I surrender and come out with my hands where you can see them. I have been defeated, nay, humiliated.
I took pity on this guy, a 'generic' worker, a foreign immigrant blessed with just the mental ability to operate a pail and mop. His coworkers shun him because he's dumb and the foreman doesn't want him to come to work, so he has little money and his days off go wasted. So each day I try to have some easy job for him, like sweeping the workshop or mowing the lawn.
He's known for becoming dangerously inventive, so today when I told him to wash the vans, I specifically told him NOT to use the sponge on the green side, not even for the tape residues on the doors: if he cannot get them out with alcohol, just come to the office and TELL me.
Now our two newes vans are scrubbed, in some points, to the bare metal, and I will have to explain that to the boss tomorrow. At least I stopped him from removing the company logo from a third ("It's discoloured" was his alibi).

Meanwhile, I've sent out the "workers satisfaction forms". They're supposed to be anonymous, but the handwriting (and the typos) often tell people apart.

So, from the guy who's at home with a 'social security' wage because he's a unemployable chronical alcoholist with a history of falling asleep on the job (in a fucking SHIPYARD!):
"Being nice and available is useless because they always fuck you where the sun don't shine and when you're going through a difficult time they'll push you even deeper in the shit"

And from the guy who's hired only because he's the boss' former BIL, a clumsy who has smashed three vans, broken down nearly every single tool he's laid his hands upon, and has never worked a full week Monday-to-Friday:
"I like working here but my real potential goes wasted. I sand, paint, roll, but I don't think my boss even knows what I'm capable of"

Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:51 am

Necroposting to bitch. Indulge me.

We had been without a manager for a while because the last one went MIA. This new one stepped in, and God help me, I wish she hadn't. She's one of those Puerto Rican Princesses- fun to get along with, but a pox on you if you get on her bad side. She's a brat with no social skills and a power complex. She refuses to listen to anything we say and is capable of making our work there even more of a personal hell if we try to give her any criticism.

She is very confrontational, and everything is a battle. She has yelled at people for going home early due to panic attacks, missing a day after fighting for coverage due to a doctors appt, she has yelled at me and pulled me off the floor for not having the proper shoes (they were black chucks, I just forgot my full black sneakers downstairs). One time, while my manager was doing her lil'jon impression, a coworker said, as an OBVIOUS joke, "Oh shush, Lil Jon". My manager pulled her over with DON'T SHUSH ME I AM YOUR MANAGER. Honestly, I want to tell her to either get a hobby or an orgasm, stat, because this inability to connect with other human beings at a personal level has got to be coming from somewhere.

Most of the time, though, it's not a matter of anyone getting along with her. She needs to realize that we are not employees, we are partners. She humors all of us by being the "fun" manager. Kind of like that "fun" parent who thinks they're hip and cool but don't know what the flying fuck theyre doing. She still views up as peons and this kiosk as her domain. Its not even about making drinks. Our supply orders are fucked up because she refuses to listen to people who actually have worked here and know what we need. She has ruined the back room's setup and now it is such a disaster that we would absolutely without question fail Ecosure's cleanliness check if they came.

We have boxes of things we don't need everywhere because there's no where to put it. We had to clean up a mess from the trash because the bitch couldnt even be bothered to put in a garbage bag. She used a large paper shopper bag that leaked everywhere. The fridge is a clusterfuck and full of spilled milk because she overorders. Our rags are ending up grosser and grosser. We. Are. Going. To. Fail and this b!tch who preaches excellence is just not getting the picture.

I swear to God, our new Assistant Manager (who has been with the company for 3 years and is therefore competent) is close to leaving. If she goes, the store falls apart. My manager is incapable of taking corrections or constructive crit and I just cannot take it. And our higherups are likely never going to do anything, because our DM is not known for her willingness to help. She's actually known for being spiteful and saying F U DEAL WIT IT. I just can't.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 3:33 pm

A woman started work last night. She seems nice. She seems to be a good worker, just a little dazed like anyone would be on the first night. But oh, god. Her breath. Her breath. The reek was strong enough I could smell it from three feet away, and it would hang in the air when she spoke. I started holding my breath when she talked. >_O Worse, it smelled like sex. Like two baboons were fucking their brains out right there in her mouth, or she'd gone down on every other person in a 20 mile radius. Nothing else smelled like sex, just her breath.

I almost threw up a few times.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 5:06 pm

There's a guy at my work who smells of mould.

It's most noticeable when he passes by.

I daren't say anything even to other coworkers in case he has some medical condition and can't help it.

Last week another coworker saw me in a hotel car park and decided to drive his car up to me at speed because "I thought you could see who I was". He was lucky that he shook me up, because later on after the fright wore off I was sorry I hadn't dragged him out his fucking window and punched his lights out.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:19 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
drive his car up to me at speed

Uuuuuuugh! That is NOT COOL.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Yesterday I overheard one of my coworkers say to a female coworker "what's the difference between male and female circumcision? I mean... what's the big deal?"

I assume that either A) he has no clue what female circumcision is, nor is he aware that male and female genitalia are different from each other, or B) he's an overdramatic, MRA type that through real or willful ignorance doesn't know why this is often much more severe than this (links NSFW BTW).

I was tempted to tell him that the way to make male circumcision comparable would be to have the operation include cutting the penis in half, tying it in a little bow, then removing the scrotum and implanting the testicles into the man's thigh (I've been here too long). Also, all of this is done with a rusty steak knife.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:

I was tempted to tell him that the way to make male circumcision comparable would be to have the operation include cutting the penis in half, tying it in a little bow, then removing the scrotum and implanting the testicles into the man's thigh (I've been here too long).
Should have said it.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 2:08 am

I usually don't come here to bitch. Usually. But I'm at work, and I'm fuming over the restaurant/bar "manager" here. I put that in quotes because in the last year or so he has....

• drank on the job.
  • went and partied with a guest in their room. (big no-no)
  • refused to come in to reset an alarm which went off in the bar, trying to get me to do it. This one also prompted me to snap at him saying, "It's your job! YOU do it!"
  • not made a schedule for the breakfast staff, so they set their own hours. For over a year.
  • not come in for a breakfast shift, when he is supposed to.
  • not ordered any of the supplies FOR the breakfast. One of his staff or the general manager does it.
  • not cleaned the kitchen after any of his bar shifts. I have to get coffee every morning before the breakfast staff arrive... I see it first hand.
  • left early or closed up the bar early because he "didn't feel like it".
  • refused to adjust his deposit if his till is short, which it often is. He says, verbatim, "Eh, I'll pay it in in the morning." I do that, because it's my job to fix other people's mistakes...not that it's a mistake in his case, since he will inform me before I count the till. (he and I butt heads often over that, and I don't give a fuck if it makes him look bad or incompetent).
  • refused to come in to cover shifts for sick employees.
    And just tonight, which is spurring me to rant a little...
  • went up to the desk manager's office directly across from the desk for one and a half hours, doing nothing, leaving his employee in the bar alone while it was busy. Then came down and clocked out at 2 am, when the bar closed.

It's not my department, though he and I have butted heads as far as the money goes and other nonsense, and I've reported his behavior to the general manager (yes, I'm a narc), but since he and the GM are besties, this guy has gotten away with this behavior for over a year. It just infuriates me. I would never EVER treat work like that, even though I despise it (and I do, trust me). It's work. It's not supposed to be fun, especially in the customer service industry. (Unless you happen to like doing customer service, which, bully for you then. I hate it.) I'm very lucky with my job and I know it as I get paid handsomely to watch movies all night. In return for having an easy job, I am here all night, and run the place by myself, so when something goes wrong? I fix it, no matter how vile it is. I know being a bartender isn't easy, and believe you fucking me I know being a manager is hard, but god dammit. Just do the bare minimum, asshole! He's not even doing that! I swear to mother fucking god he's got to be blowing the GM as well as being besties. SOMETHING.

EDIT: I swear to god he does some of the till stuff and the "Oh, give them a room for free/extremely reduced rate" shit (which I didn't get into because it will make me explode into rage) just to drive me crazy.
Back to top Go down
cristina_chavia
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
cristina_chavia

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:24 pm

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

I have a co-worker like that.
He is the only person in the company not qualified to do his job. He also makes no attempt to do said job. He also is the only member of staff to not bring in any funding at all. He is well know for making false accusations against anyone who calls him out on his complete lack of doing any work. Yes, he plays the race card. He is known for this across the county. As in "LOL, person X is three hours late and hasn't done any work all week! Ha ha! Best not mention it or he'll make up something about me!"

But he's best mates with the manager. GAH!
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 3:36 pm

cristina_chavia wrote:
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!

I have a co-worker like that.
He is the only person in the company not qualified to do his job. He also makes no attempt to do said job. He also is the only member of staff to not bring in any funding at all. He is well know for making false accusations against anyone who calls him out on his complete lack of doing any work. Yes, he plays the race card. He is known for this across the county. As in "LOL, person X is three hours late and hasn't done any work all week! Ha ha! Best not mention it or he'll make up something about me!"

But he's best mates with the manager. GAH!

I am hating that MORE AND MORE, him being besties with management. I wish I could screw around like that!
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Maximilia wrote:
EDIT: I swear to god he does some of the till stuff and the "Oh, give them a room for free/extremely reduced rate" shit (which I didn't get into because it will make me explode into rage) just to drive me crazy.

Oh god, I HATE this approach. It's not even "The customer is always right." It's more "The Customer is an effort so give them what the fuck they want."

I had an experience when I was working in a petrol station when a lad came in wanting cigarettes.

I asked for I.D.

The kid flipped his lid, smashed a counter display and threatened to wait untill my shift was over so he could stab me as soon as I left the store.

I told him to GTFO.

Turns out the kid had some emotional problems. Autism/Asbergers - whatever - no one was able to give me a proper definition. But a manager received a phone call from the kid's mom which turned into a phone call from the manager to me that when the kid returned, I was to sell him his cigarettes.

I told the manager, in no uncertain terms, that I didn't give a shit what was wrong with the kid's emotional development - I am not serving anyone anything once that individual has threatened me with BEING STABBED IN THE FUCKING HEAD, and if he had a problem with that any bargain-bin lawyer and my contract's "save working environment" clause will have a good long chat with him later.

The kid did return, but only after I'd left, from what I understand. And he did, get his fucking cigarettes. And that manager rode my supervisors poor ass raw over my performance for all three weeks I remained in that job before I accepted an offer from another store.

But seriously, Max - Is there no higher authority you can go to beyond this guy's best mate?

Failing that - keep a diary, make a blog and e-fame that stuff!
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 8:10 pm

[quote="WD40"]
Maximilia wrote:

But seriously, Max - Is there no higher authority you can go to beyond this guy's best mate?

Failing that - keep a diary, make a blog and e-fame that stuff!

Hee. I should. XD

And no, sadly there is not. There is the owner, of course, but he doesn't give a damn so long as he gets money. WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 309696
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 10:04 pm

WD40 wrote:
The kid did return, but only after I'd left, from what I understand. And he did, get his fucking cigarettes. And that manager rode my supervisors poor ass raw over my performance for all three weeks I remained in that job before I accepted an offer from another store.
URGH, I hate that sort of bullshit!!
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:58 am

So my main job is working at a call center. I've been there about 14 months, and have been trained on most of the things you can do in my account. I'll be getting trained for another aspect of it this week. I work as an assistance agent in our account chat room, answering other people's questions, etc.

I am not, however, a Lead Operator (LO) - these are the agents who take Supervisor calls and are supposed to know everything about the account before being promoted. They're past all of the newbie mistakes and have been there for a while. They know shit.

Theoretically. It's a very mixed bag.

Our account also offers the option of being a "home agent" (HA) and taking calls at home. Some of our LOs do this. Home agents are supposed to be relatively independent, capable of getting their own answers, knowledgeable, etc etc - makes sense, then, for LOs to be HAs if they can.

One LO who's a HA regularly sends closed member accounts to our retention team - you know, the people who try to convince you to not leave the company or close - once you do, they have nothing to offer you.

We have LOs who have yet to be trained on how to reply to e-mails or transcribe voice-mails that are left for us. They have not been trained on how to handle high-priority alerts that come in through the system. WTF? I got that training about six months in!

LOs are meant to know more than me, to be better than me, and their word trumps mine in answer to a question...but I am answering their questions in chat as well as those of regular agents.

My "favorite" LO, however, is the one who's been with us about 9 months now. She hired on to the account, and within about 2 months, became a Quality Assurance agent - in other words, she was somehow qualified after 2 months to monitor calls from the rest of us. Including calls that they don't train you on initially when you join the account.

They then removed her from the QA position when it became clear it wasn't working out. She spent some time on the phones with the rest of us, learning how to handle the calls, etc. And now...she's an LO. And giving out wrong information or transferring callers to the wrong places and is occasionally unable to find even basic answers using our various resources.

How the fuck did she become an LO? Easy? She's the daughter of one of the existing Team Leads.

*Headdesk*

In other problems with the account, our head trainer has been on the account for six months. It shows. The newbies know jack shit. Stuff I had drilled in to me every day during the two-week training course before I hit the call floor is stuff they've never heard of. Basic stuff. Like how much certain specials are. Or how to read the information on the account.

And I can't complain about her to anyone - she was specifically brought into our account by our director, who was brought in about 9 months ago to shape things up. The client had been considering ending the contract.

Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:20 am

We recently switched over to the ~Store of the Future~, after training on the procedures for a few months. Other than the obvious retail bullshittery of the title, some of this makes a great deal of sense. Things like not making us try to stock the store while there are customers (needy, needy customers) in the store. Almost all stocking is supposed to be done before the store opens. I worked this shift for a while, but decided I was sick of NEVER seeing sunshine and barely seeing my manthing because our shifts were so different.

Only about 3 people I'd worked with on this shift have been retained. The new crew is so bad that the AM is having those three people come in at the usual time, then the newbs come in 2hrs later. I understand they are new. I know that people will fuck up when new. That's ok. What is not ok is when I keep finding bags full of merchandise hidden behind random shit because they just didn't want to put it up. Seriously. Found two big bags full of bags of corks hidden behind stacks of foam sheets last night, and found various other boxes/bags hidden around the store previously.

One of the other new changes is that we have a customer service lead (full-time) and a nights/weekends lead (part time). The former is freaking awesome. I love her to bits. The latter... She has never worked retail before. She has never been a supervisor before. She was slow and lazy as a cashier and now, as a supervisor, she has decided that we are her peons and she will never have to do a damned thing again.

I was supposed to get off work at 9:30. We got out at 11:20. To be fair, some of that was because we were super busy and short-handed. Some of that is that she will never let us run through our side of the store and recover it before she starts wandering the aisles to pick up reshop (items that are misplaced). This means that she might scoop up 30 packages of stickers from the sticker aisle. It takes about twice as long to put shit up if it's been tossed into a cart than if she'd just left it there near where it goes. I've asked her repeatedly to let me recover the aisle before she walks because in the end, it will save us a lot of time and energy. She is the only person who doesn't listen. With any other manager, even on such a busy night, I could have my aisles looking pretty freaking good and have maybe a cart of reshop to show for it, two including the shit people leave up at the registers. Instead, my aisles all looked like shit at the end of the night and we had five goddamned carts FULL of reshop. We never, ever, ever get out on time when she works. And she does not listen to people who know wtf they are talking about so that we can actually get a good recovery done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

WGW do I have to work with you?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next