Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WGW do I have to work with you?

Go down 
+41
myeerah
Mikey Go WOOGA
KGarrett
cristina_chavia
Exodia's Right Leg
Lady Anne
Reepicheep-chan
NichoMas
Penguin
EricD
Sheba
Lexin
Just Chipper
Maximilia
Sutremaine
TheIan
Miss Misery
Mr.Doobie
Maledisant
The Unoriginal
lemmingwriter
Ghost in the Machine
Sparrow
Jesus.
Notomys mordax
grmblfjx
Khajidu
Nightboomfer
TheHermit
Lapin
Aggie
Mafiosa
Braigwen
Cyberwulf
Raine
Cactus Wren
Verandering
Knorg
rae
EileenK98
WD40
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptySun May 23, 2010 5:49 pm

My manager fails at managing. It's almost hilarious now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 1:22 pm

I work for an agency that serves developmentally disabled individuals, in the residential facilities operated by the agency. I work as a sub, so I don't get to see all the bullshit that goes on, but I have seen some things done by other staff or by the house managers or even their supervisors that annoys the hell out of me.

1) Taking a massive dump in a client's toilet (it wasn't the client, as she can't safely use the toilet, nor was it one of the other clients for the same reason in that particular house) and leaving it there for the next shift's staff to flush down.

2) Delaying ordering supplies, even when staff have been warning that things are running low. This could be groceries, Depends, wipes, gloves, Germ-X, basically anything but the meds, since the nurses order those. Generally this complaint is about house managers (or their supervisors), since in most of the agency's houses, the staff don't take care of these tasks.

3) Coming in for a double shift during the day, and sleeping through more than half of it. Most of the residential clients need our assistance for the majority of daily tasks, including feeding, toileting, repositioning, showering...in a 3-staff house with 8 clients (which is usually the type of home I sub at), more than half of whom are wheelchair-bound, this is completely unacceptable. So is sleeping on third shift, which is something I regularly hear other staff complain about. I don't care if you need to chug soda, energy drinks, coffee or whatever, stay awake and do your fucking job.

4) If you are med-trained, and the other med-trained staff is out of the house, on an outing with some of the clients, you should be responsible and administer the meds, at the proper times, to the clients who are still at the house. Don't wait for the other staff to return and say "Oh, while you're giving eye drops to so-and-so, I also need you to give X his nebulizer treatment, because I didn't get around to it."
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
Ghost in the Machine
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ghost in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Sparrow wrote:
Nasty stuff
And this company retains its license how?
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Ghost in the Machine wrote:
Sparrow wrote:
Nasty stuff
And this company retains its license how?

Because I would say roughly 80-90% of the staff do care and because there aren't too many agencies in the area (and most area nursing homes have shitty to middling reputations). But it's a minimum-wage job, even if you've been there for years, and turnover is high...and since it's IL, the state also owes the agency funding that they don't know if they're really going to see, thanks to the shitty budget situation.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2010 12:40 am

Our office is at low staffing for the summer, which is fine by me. While the boss is out of town, we all have our tasks to complete, and most of us are doing rather well with them.

Except for one kid. He's responsible for two things, one of which is making sure that the in-house library is maintained. And rather than stamping our recent additions, adding them to the catalog, and then shelving them, he just went ahead and shelved them. And promptly forgot where. Adding to this frustration is the fact that he's decided that his being off for the summer has started already, so no, he won't be coming in to take care of it.

Enter the one English student in the office. I figured it's just a matter of checking all of the books for the stamp. If there's no stamp, they must be the ones we're looking for. Shouldn't be an issue, right? Wrong.

Most of the books I pulled off of one shelving unit lacked stamps. No stamps=not in the catalog. So I spent six and a half hours starting the catalog from scratch. In that amount of time, I finished one and a half shelving units out of four or five on that side of the office alone. Clear the shelves, add the vital info to the spreadsheet, alphabetize the books, dust the (absolutely filthy) shelves, and return the books in a coherent order.

I managed to finish the day bleeding and with a fair assortment of bruises thanks to a couple of massive finance textbooks landing on various parts of my anatomy. The office manager is alternately apologetic and frustrated (because, for fuck's sake, this kid has TWO jobs, does neither, and is a frequent call sick). This kid is very sweet but a total space cadet.

For the record: I love my job. I just don't like taking hardcover textbooks to the foot.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 28, 2010 9:48 am

I just returned in the office after finding the yard totally empty instead of filled with the 30 tons of sand-filled big bags that we are due to load on the waste collector's truck next Monday.
This guy who's been appointed to work on the waste yard is there because he's not fit to do anything else anymore. He's a last stage human case who gets to work drunk, regains some degree of intelligence by noon, goes off to lunch and returns drunk again, spending most of the time staring at nothing until it's time to punch the ticket at 17:00. There have been instances of him simply not being aware of what happens around, like everyone packing up and leaving to work on a different area or being locked inside a waterbox by his colleagues.

He said 'Sure, I'll just finish crushing these buckets first, then I'm on to it.'
It's 17:30, the buckets are not crushed, the big bags are still on the other side of the yard, and the guy's done his shift and gone home.
Now it was a perfect time to do it as opposed to Monday morning when there are other carts running all over the place and a big-assed truck standing in wait.
If the waste collector charges us for extra loading time, I'll make sure the money comes off this guy's wallet. I'm done putting up with his shit.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 10:11 pm

NECRO'D

No but seriously, this dude deserves it. We have a new barista at my store... OMG he is such a d!ck to our customers. I do not understand.

he will tell customers dead up that their method of payment is too contrived or makes no sense (like if they pay with a higher bill and the change so they get only a bill back, or if they pay in mostly coins or split tender, etc), he will ignore customers to randomly make himself drinks, and today (omg we wanted to punch him for this) we had a very timid asian woman with a low voice who orderd a green tea latte with me first nd then went to him to be rung up- he yelled to me, "what did she order? She's talking too low, I can't hear her." in the most obnoxius, exhasperated way RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER. I was just like wut.

The shifts all want to kill him, most of us can't stand him- he's just so aggrivating! Plus he doesn't know how to make any drinks and he marks near every drink incorrectly. Rrr
Back to top Go down
Maledisant

Maledisant

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 4:19 am

Jesus. wrote:
(...) that their method of payment is too contrived or makes no sense (like if they pay with a higher bill and the change so they get only a bill back (...)

I try to do that, whenever I have the right change (better yet, I sometimes apologise when I don't). I always thought it made life easier for whoever was on the other side of the till. Never thought someone could possibly complain about that.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 8:19 am

Jesus. wrote:
NECRO'D

No but seriously, this dude deserves it. We have a new barista at my store... OMG he is such a d!ck to our customers. I do not understand.

he will tell customers dead up that their method of payment is too contrived or makes no sense (like if they pay with a higher bill and the change so they get only a bill back, or if they pay in mostly coins or split tender, etc), he will ignore customers to randomly make himself drinks, and today (omg we wanted to punch him for this) we had a very timid asian woman with a low voice who orderd a green tea latte with me first nd then went to him to be rung up- he yelled to me, "what did she order? She's talking too low, I can't hear her." in the most obnoxius, exhasperated way RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER. I was just like wut.

The shifts all want to kill him, most of us can't stand him- he's just so aggrivating! Plus he doesn't know how to make any drinks and he marks near every drink incorrectly. Rrr

This reminds me of my one co-worker at my old job.

You see, this was at a small, country store, where I worked as a cashier. One day, two customers (a man and a wife) came through my co-workers (let's call her Beth) line carrying Subway cups. When Beth noticed this, she immediately leaned over the counter and sniffed both of the customers and than told both of them "mmmm. You smell like Subway."

Customers: Shocked

Beth: I like Subway.

Customers: Shocked

Beth: Your total is $5.78. Have a good day! Smile

Customers: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After I was sure the customers were out the door and there were no other customers in sight...

Me: What the hell are you doing?

Beth: What do you mean?

Me: You don't tell customers they smell! WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 585516

Beth: I told them they smelled like Subway, it was a compliment.

Me: WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 724940

Beth: What?

Me: I don't think they took it like a compliment.

Beth: Why not?

Me: A random stranger just sniffed them and told them they smelled like Subway.

Beth: Yes. I would think it's a compliment. WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 367135

Me: WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 199471

Other customer (Kylie): What happened?

Me: *tells the story*

Beth: It was a compliment. They liked it.

Kylie and I: WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 846489
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:59 am

Many moons ago I worked at a certain fast food place that thinks outside the bun and had a co-worker I will call Mary. She and I were the same age but had gone to different high schools, and eventually we become friendly, going out to lunch and shopping and whatnot. Then slowly but surely her real personality began to show through--she was manipulative, controlling, had a 'my way or the highway' attitude about everything, and things had to done her way and only her way or God help your miserable little soul. In other words she was a sociopathic bitch-on-wheels.

One night we working together and her boyfriend came in. They were talking at one end of the counter so I gave them their privacy and busied myself on the other side. A few minutes later I heard Mary screech "You're not listening to me!" followed by a *smack*. Yup, she wasn't the absolute center of his attention for a nanosecond and had slapped him for it. Boyfriend, of course, is just a tad bit upset and left in a huff. Mary just shrugged her shoulders and said "He'll get over it" (that was one of her favorite sayings, the other one was "I don't give a shit"). Well, guess what? One time he didn't get over it and dumped her sorry ass. Good riddance.

Let's just say my life will hardly be a disaster if I never see her again.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 11:25 am

Nightmare coworkers and supervisors? I have my share.

Last job I ever, the boss was a completely unreasonable bitch. She hired me to work washing dishes, and it was a decent gig, it worked well. Until she gave me Sundays from 9am to 8pm.

Alone.

I mean, alone. No-one-to-help-me out-leave-me-to-do-EVERYTHING-for-the-rest-of-the-lazy-fuckers alone. She didn't schedule anyone else to help me on Sundays. Just me. As I was putting away dishes in the kitchen, she comes up to me with a pair of rolling racks.

Quote :
Could you take these back with you and clean them?

Insinctively, my first thought was,

"Sure, pile on more shit for me to do!"

My job before that I had the shit luck of the decade. My first Supervisor was decent. She was night, treated me like a human being. The one to replace her just so happened to be a grade-A fuck-munch of the worst kind.

His first act of douchebaggery involved hiring a chef who clearly had to give a good blowjob. He was an asshole. He whined about plates being hot and bitched at me for plugging the plate warmer. There's a plate wamer in the kitchen for a reason, moron!

The next act was hiring a tub of guts to replace me.

I'm talking fat. One look at him and you couldn't help shouting, "BOOMER!" (Hah-hah! Left4Dead!) He smelled like bacon grease, the garbage dumpster out back, and Big Show after boning the Great Khali. The fucker replaced me.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:13 pm

TheIan wrote:

I'm talking fat. One look at him and you couldn't help shouting, "BOOMER!"
OH NO HOW DARE THEY HIRE A FAT PERSON AS YOUR REPLACEMENT

Quote :
(Hah-hah! Left4Dead!)
Hah-hah! Go make another roleplaying thread for me to shit on from a height!

Quote :
He smelled like bacon grease, the garbage dumpster out back, and Big Show after boning the Great Khali. The fucker replaced me.
I'm sure you smelled like flowers and baby powder after your nine hour shift up to your elbows in filthy washing-up water.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 12:50 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
TheIan wrote:

Yeah, but I didn't half-eaten food off the plate and stuff it in my face.

Cyberwulf wrote:
Quote :
(Hah-hah! Left4Dead!)
Hah-hah! Go write about how Apollo becomes Edgeworth's whore! You know you want to!

Cyberwulf wrote:
Quote :
He smelled like bacon grease, the garbage dumpster out back, and Big Show after boning the Great Khali. The fucker replaced me.
I'm sure you smelled like flowers and baby powder after your nine hour shift up to your elbows in filthy washing-up water.
No, I didn't stink as bad, oddly enough.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:08 pm

TheIan wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
TheIan wrote:

Why didn't you say "he took half-eaten food off the plates and stuffed it in his face" instead of "OMG THIS GUY HE WAS SO FUCKING FAT AND HE REPLACED ME"?

Quote :
Cyberwulf wrote:
Quote :
(Hah-hah! Left4Dead!)
Hah-hah! Go write about how Apollo becomes Edgeworth's whore! You know you want to!
Please, Edgeworth and Apollo would have awkward, fumbly sex with the lights off and afterwards they'd throw the sheets in the wash and hang up their clothes before they wrinkled. And you know it. There would be no whoring, literal or metaphorical, involved.

Quote :
Cyberwulf wrote:
Quote :
No, I didn't stink as bad, oddly enough.
Please, kiddo, I've washed dishes professionally. After about an hour you smell fucking rotten. Comes with the territory.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Maledisant wrote:
I always thought it made life easier for whoever was on the other side of the till.
Yup, although if you're digging around for handfuls of change when there's a queue I'd rather just give out the change. But we never seem to have enough change in the shop I normally work at, and if I have to spend time scrounging coins off customers and slowing everything down... well, tough, upper management.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:32 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
TheIan wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
TheIan wrote:

Why didn't you say "he took half-eaten food off the plates and stuffed it in his face" instead of "OMG THIS GUY HE WAS SO FUCKING FAT AND HE REPLACED ME"?

Yeah, I'm completely with Cy on this one. It would be like the auditor who replaced me at one of the hotels I worked at (and eventually worked for again). Her name was Debbie, and evidently she was such an insane food thief, she got caught eating ranch dressing out of the industrial sized container it came in... with her bare hands.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:43 pm

Maximilia wrote:
It would be like the auditor who replaced me at one of the hotels I worked at (and eventually worked for again). Her name was Debbie, and evidently she was such an insane food thief, she got caught eating ranch dressing out of the industrial sized container it came in... with her bare hands.
OH GOD THE MANK OF THAT
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 pm

Brrrr. Imagine eating dressing all by itself. A whole mouthful of slightly greasy... grease. Blergh.
Back to top Go down
Just Chipper
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Just Chipper

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:15 pm

I feel dirty just handling raw meat. Jesus Christ.

My hands are cringing. I CAN'T DRAW.
Back to top Go down
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:49 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Maximilia wrote:
It would be like the auditor who replaced me at one of the hotels I worked at (and eventually worked for again). Her name was Debbie, and evidently she was such an insane food thief, she got caught eating ranch dressing out of the industrial sized container it came in... with her bare hands.
OH GOD THE MANK OF THAT
I remember standing behind someone at my workplace who, in the canteen dinner queue, tasted a dressing that was out in a dish for all to use, from the spoon supplied for everyone, and who then put it back in the dish. The server behind the till and I were both nearly sick.

The server behaved properly - she replaced the whole dish of dressing. But what a wanker. And what a waste of dressing. I mean, ick!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:32 pm

I guess this one is more about someone I used to work with, since for all I know she's been canned.

Stacy. When I first meet her she seems nice enough, if slightly awkward/not too people-friendly. She smells like smoke and her hair is all stringy(and sometimes she laughs for no apparent reason), but she's helpful enough. She also seems to be some form of addict.

No, she doesn't have meth-mouth just yet, but she gets itchy and twitchy alot, and is always surreptitiously stretching out her jaw--not yawning either; it's pretty clearly a deliberate thing--and is always eating around the register, which you're not supposed to do so as not to damage the machinery. Okay, so she's got an addiction; maybe she's struggling to overcome it, working the only place she can, but working hard--

Nope. She'll half-ass tasks and call them 'done', leaving me to go behind her and straighten up shelves she left all fucked up and finish sweeping things for her and the like, all in the name of her wandering off to the back to do god knows what.

It makes me feel bad for her daughter, honestly; you can't help wondering if she leaves things half done at home too, things like cooking dinner or helping little Ashley with her schoolwork.

At first I wasn't too fond of the closer we have either, but as long as you just nod and smile and genuinely do your best work and be friendly and polite to her she's not so bad. Seems like she doesn't deal well with stress, and unlike what some of you have said she's always nice to the customers.

Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:41 am

Ok, this could go in the "Something Bad" thread, but rather, I think it will illustrate what mental geniuses there are around here.

So, the front desk computers go down tonight--no internet at all. This is a Big Deal because the program we use to, oh, keep track of everything is online, so we have to have internet to use it. I call property support, they tell me to call my ISP. I call the ISP listed on our list of phone numbers, and after 45 min. am told they only do the guest wireless. I leave a message for my FD manager at this point, and call property support back again, and sort of get chewed out a bit, but they had given me a couple other things to try. They all fail. I call another number on our list (which in theory is the ISP I called before, but I'm hoping they got the name wrong or something), but the number is out of order. Finally, since the guest wireless is working and I have my laptop, I finally just plug the printer into my laptop, and voila, I can do work. FEW HOUR LATER (well, 2 hours later), the FD manager FINALLY gets back to me, and he's like, "You just need to reset the wireless."

Me: "You're not listening to me. It's not the wireless. The wireless is fine. It's the LAND LINE to the FRONT DESK COMPUTERS."
Him: "Oh."
Me: "Yeah, and the numbers listed? Out of order."
Him: "Out of order? Really? *pause* Well, Golden West doesn't do any of our internet anymore anyway."
Me (teeth grinding): "Who. Does."
Him: "I don't know."
Me: *silently thwapping my head over and over again with the heel of my hand*
Him: "You'll have to wait for maintenance to come in and fix it."
Me: "Well, if I knew our ISP I could call them and see what their tech support has to say, and maybe they can fix it."
Him: "I don't know... uh, yeah, listen, just tell the guests when they are checking out that..."
Me: *interrupting* I have the printer hooked up to my laptop. I can check people out and stuff."
Him: "Oh, good." *pause* "Yeah, so just have maintenance fix it when they come in."
Me: "Fine."
Him: "Ok, I'll see you in a few hours."
Me: *grtting teeth* "Sleep. Well." *HANG UP WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE*

Seriously... all that annoyance, HOURS of it, could have been avoided by having the correct ISP provided listed and their *gasp* phone number correct.
Back to top Go down
EricD
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
EricD

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Reposted from my unintentional duplicate of this thread:

Ladies, gentlemen, let me tell you about my supervisor. We shall call her the Troll.

Why do we call her the Troll? Firstly, that's her actual nickname. Why is this? Because she is short, squat, ugly as sin, and has evil in her heart.

The Troll is quite possibly the angriest, most hateful supervisor I have ever had to work with. I've been working at this job for about a month now, as a merchandiser, and it is easy as shit. It boils down to: Take stuff from the stockroom, find its place on the shelves, put it on the shelves. ANYONE could do this job. A mentally challenged monkey, with adequate training, could do this job. And, with a month of experience, I am more than qualified for this job. Regardless of this, the Troll treats me like I'm blazingly incompetent, and is constantly harassing me and shepherding me as I put the stock out, despite the fact that I have never shown to have any difficulty doing this job.

Then there's her attitude. Because of the speed at which I work, on any given eight hour shift, I usually finish my list of assigned tasks an hour or two to spare. Any of my other supervisors or managers, in that situation, would say: "Okay Eric, you can chill out now, but make sure you keep checking the floor for customers who might need help". So generally what I do is bring a book, read for a few minutes, check the floor for people needing help, then read a bit more, rinse and repeat. A decent enough plan for killing an hour or two. The Troll does not approve. She apparently believes that I'm so incompetent that it would be impossible for me to finish a list of tasks in an eight hour shift, so if I'm just relaxing and NOT scrambling to get something done, I must be slacking off!

And then there's her tendency to fly off the handle over the smallest things. A few days ago, I was in the manager's office, writing down my work schedule for the next few weeks, which is a sensible enough act, I think. The Troll enters, sees me sitting at the desk, and flips her shit! She threatened to fire me because I apparently wasn't supposed to be 'slacking off'. I told her that I was writing down my schedule, and she replied with: "Don't give me any fucking excuses, you little lazy fuck". The only thing that saved my job was the fact that our manager hates her as much as she hates every living thing, and sided with me on the argument. Just last night, it was about 5 minutes before my shift ended, not enough time for a merchandiser to actually accomplish anything, so I was just waiting for the clock to run down and talking to one of the girls who works in Cosmetics, who is a friend of mine. The Troll comes over and, again, flips her shit and threatens to fire me over 'slacking off'. Again, I wasn't fired because the rest of the store all acknowledges that she's crazy as shit.

Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 4:07 pm

Before you read further: This post will double as a request for advice on how to handle the situation described.

So the head of my "department" (two people) died suddenly this August, effectively leaving me in charge of the R&D division until a suitable substitute could be found.
One of the things I have to do is writing the reports for nondestructive testings: which problems we found, which solutions we recommend etc. Until my boss was there, it was easy to just ask a question across the desks and get a reply, pronto. Now I'm on my own, doing a job I'm still getting the hang of, and I'm a retentive ana perfectionist to boot. So writing the damn things takes me a lot than before, because I need to double-check every other concept.

I have explained this to our commercial, who's in charge of visiting our customers and delivering the reports. He doesn't get it. He seems to be under the impression that I'll just dawdle unless he's physically present in the room - possibly surveying me from a nearby chair, doing nothing except stare at me with a look of anticipation as if he's waiting to hear the punchline of a joke. I guess he thinks it's funny as hell. Last time he even sat behind me; I don't know whether because the best chair happened to be there or because he had to check that I wasn't just looking busy while playing Mahjong Titans.
I've made "vulture in wait" comments. He doesn't get them. I have told him his behaviour is counterproductive and annoying - he doesn't get that either.

This patronizing attitude has been going on for a while. However, yesterday was the final straw - and for something unrelated.

I'm writing the latest report, and tell him it will be ready by 5 PM and to get off my case until then. At 5, I go upstairs with all 600+ pages and smell bologna.
More as a conversational thing to say than a real interest in some greasy slices of pig, I say: "Mmh, bologna. Who's the Good Samaritan?"
The secretaries are still munching, he says nothing. I bind the pages, one of the secretaries asks him where he bought that delicious bologna, he does not reply.
Standing withing two feet of him I say, "Oh, so it was you, Jan?"
He is either suddenly struck by selective deafness, or mutely pleading the fifth.
Fuming that he didn't see fit to ring me up for the snack even though I was doing a job for him (more often than not, I decline such invitations, and everybody knows that), fuming that he thinks he can avoid looking like a dipshit by just ignoring me, fuming that I can't think of anything sarcastic to say, I finish binding the pages in complete silence talking to him in monosyllables between clenched teeth, angry at myself as much as I am at him.

I can't avoid having to work with this guy and wonder if a yelling match would do more damage than good. My husband rightfully suggested that as a rule of thumb I am not to let him act like he wouldn't have dared to act around my late boss, but I'm out of ideas of what to do when he tries.

Second: do I handle this douchebag by myself, or let it happen in front of the newly hired engineer that I'm going to work with, elbow-to-elbow, for the next years? Already he doesn't have a good opinion of the commercial (because his latest 'supervision' resulted in us working double-shifts from 6 am to 10 pm in an open field, in the mud and rain, on a river bank, with the ever-present risk of busting 30,000 € worth of equipment) but I'm afraid of letting him see me lose it.
Back to top Go down
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2010 9:20 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
Fuming that he didn't see fit to ring me up for the snack even though I was doing a job for him (more often than not, I decline such invitations, and everybody knows that), fuming that he thinks he can avoid looking like a dipshit by just ignoring me, fuming that I can't think of anything sarcastic to say, I finish binding the pages in complete silence talking to him in monosyllables between clenched teeth, angry at myself as much as I am at him.
Don't do sarcasm. Tell him directly what you think of him and his pettiness. Even if he pulls the same trick again in front of everyone else, he and everyone else will hear it and he knows it. Do you have any contact with his boss? If he doesn't respond to you, his superiors might not like his behaviour either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WGW do I have to work with you?   WGW do I have to work with you? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

WGW do I have to work with you?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next