Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years

Go down 
+3
Mikey Go WOOGA
SirDixonDongs
Raine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years Empty
PostSubject: Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years   Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:34 pm

Story here

Quote :
ONE of our most prolific sex fiends has been jailed for more than a decade after flashing 114 children while riding his bicycle. The Herald Sun reports Trevor Ross Hemer, 58, was on parole for a string of rapes and attacks of children in their homes when he switched to his new sick pastime in 2003.

His earlier crimes involved posing as a doctor and tricking his way into the homes of migrant families who spoke little English.

A parent gave chase after catching Hemer exposing himself from his bicycle, causing cuts and scratches as the angry father attempted to detain him. Hemer escaped on his bike but left blood at the scene. The County Court heard his child victims were aged four to 15, with 114 children and two women targeted over six years.

Hemer had done a sex offender treatment course in prison but while on parole did not have to undergo any kind of treatment. Judge Wendy Wilmoth said psychologists who saw him after the rapes in 1994 deemed him unlikely to reoffend with treatment. They now consider him a "moderately high" risk of reoffending. He pleaded guilty to 59 counts of committing indecent acts in front of children and two of wilful exposure. Judge Wilmoth jailed Hemer for 10 years and 9 months with a minimum of seven years' jail.

If it wasn't for the fact he's a rapist/attacker, the whole "bicycle flashing" thing might have been a little funny. Still, wow, what...? Shocked
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years   Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:30 pm

so uh guys i figure it's about time to tell you that i won't be on for a while

like... maybe for the next ten years
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years   Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:30 pm

Doesn't Australia tend to give lighter sentences than this for murder? scratch Or am I projecting England's failure on to Australia?

The only thing that begins to make this understandable is that he's already been convicted of rape. Because jailing someone for a decade for something that amounts to little more than a drunken college prank is just moronic.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years   Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Doesn't Australia tend to give lighter sentences than this for murder? scratch Or am I projecting England's failure on to Australia?

The only thing that begins to make this understandable is that he's already been convicted of rape. Because jailing someone for a decade for something that amounts to little more than a drunken college prank is just moronic.

Sounds more like it was a fetish to him. It doesn't say if he flashed all those kids at once. And what did he do after he got himself into those homes? Assault, rape, flash and run? I wish they'd clarified a bit more in this.

Unless I'm just being an idiot and my brain is failing to work this out.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years   Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Raine wrote:
Story here

Quote :
ONE of our most prolific sex fiends has been jailed for more than a decade after flashing 114 children while riding his bicycle. The Herald Sun reports Trevor Ross Hemer, 58, was on parole for a string of rapes and attacks of children in their homes when he switched to his new sick pastime in 2003.

His earlier crimes involved posing as a doctor and tricking his way into the homes of migrant families who spoke little English.

A parent gave chase after catching Hemer exposing himself from his bicycle, causing cuts and scratches as the angry father attempted to detain him. Hemer escaped on his bike but left blood at the scene. The County Court heard his child victims were aged four to 15, with 114 children and two women targeted over six years.

Hemer had done a sex offender treatment course in prison but while on parole did not have to undergo any kind of treatment. Judge Wendy Wilmoth said psychologists who saw him after the rapes in 1994 deemed him unlikely to reoffend with treatment. They now consider him a "moderately high" risk of reoffending. He pleaded guilty to 59 counts of committing indecent acts in front of children and two of wilful exposure. Judge Wilmoth jailed Hemer for 10 years and 9 months with a minimum of seven years' jail.

If it wasn't for the fact he's a rapist/attacker, the whole "bicycle flashing" thing might have been a little funny. Still, wow, what...? Shocked

It still is kinda funny.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years   Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:19 pm

There's something funny about exposing oneself to other people in order to frighten them?

Don't take flashing lightly.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years   Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 pm

When will people learn that pedophiles are very unlikely to change their ways? Once a pedo, always a pedo.
Back to top Go down
Carrion Crawler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Carrion Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years   Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:08 pm

116 people, yeah, I think he might need to be dealt with. Call it a hunch.

Also, some of the mechanics of nude/semi-nude cycling trouble me quite a bit, for reasons unrelated to decency.
Quote :
They now consider him a "moderately high" risk of reoffending.
NO WAI [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bicycle flasher is kind of like a lame pun. Did anybody else call bike lights that as a kid? One phoenix down for my childhood, please.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years   Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years Empty

Back to top Go down

Drive-by bicycle flasher given 10 years
Page 1 of 1