Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!

Go down 
+8
Rabid Badger
Miss Misery
Cyberwulf
Lady Anne
Exodia's Right Leg
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Saleha
Kitsune-chan
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Kitsune-chan

Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! Empty
PostSubject: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Excerpt from the blog:

Quote :
This week, former Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.) "made good on his threat" to jump into the race for the Colorado statehouse after a prolonged temper tantrum about how unsatisfied he is with the GOP's two candidates for the nomination, Scott McInnis and Dan Maes. Tancredo -- who will run under the auspices of the American Constitution Party -- immediately threw the GOP's designs on the governor's race into stunning disarray: polls indicate that Tancredo would divide the state's conservatives nearly in half, paving the way for a John Hickenlooper victory.

Dan Maes, however, isn't going down without a fight, and has apparently decided to go all out in competition for Tancredo's natural constituency -- ridiculous xenophobes. So, what crazy paranoia over the creeping menace of foreigners is Maes fearmongering about? Let's ask the Denver Post:

Quote :

Republican gubernatorial candidate Dan Maes is warning voters that Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper's policies, particularly his efforts to boost bike riding, are "converting Denver into a United Nations community."

I'm sorry, what?

Quote :
"This is all very well-disguised, but it will be exposed," Maes told about 50 supporters who showed up at a campaign rally last week in Centennial.

Okay, here's the mystery that Maes alone has penetrated. Denver is a member in something called the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives. They've been a member since 1992. It is an "international association that promotes sustainable development." One of the things that contributes to sustainability and an overall pleasant quality of life is a bike-sharing program called "B-Cycle" which has taken donations and grant monies to make 400 bicycles available for the residents of Denver to tool around on when the spirit moves them. Hickenlooper has praised the program so Maes is trying to make the case that it's a UN plot to deprive people of "freedom."

I think I agree with the blogger when they say this guy's nuts. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Of course it's all a UN plot. You keep telling yourself that.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 10:57 pm

Wow, the crazy is strong with this one.
Here the Denver Post article this blog cites. Some juicy bits:

Quote :
Maes said in a later interview that he once thought the mayor's efforts to promote cycling and other environmental initiatives were harmless and well-meaning. Now he realizes "that's exactly the attitude they want you to have."

"This is bigger than it looks like on the surface, and it could threaten our personal freedoms," Maes said.

Oooooh, scary. So, how do these bicycles "threaten our personal freedoms?"

Quote :
Last week, Hickenlooper upset some auto dealers on the eve of a fundraiser when he lauded the city's B-Cycle bike- sharing program at an event and asked: "How do we wean ourselves off automobiles?"

OH MY GOD THEY ARE GOING TO STAND BEHIND US WITH UZIS AND MAKE US RIDE BIKES!!!

Quote :
Maes, at the rally July 26, took aim at Denver's bike-sharing program, which he said was promoted by a group that puts the environment above citizens' rights.

For "citizens' rights," read "business interests of his constituents, of which a good percentage may or may not be used car salesmen."

Quote :
Polls show that Maes, a Tea Party favorite[...]

Anyone surprised? Bueller? Bueller?

Quote :
"At first, I thought, 'Gosh, public transportation, what's wrong with that, and what's wrong with people parking their cars and riding their bikes? And what's wrong with incentives for green cars?' But if you do your homework and research, you realize ICLEI is part of a greater strategy to rein in American cities under a United Nations treaty," Maes said.

Errrr, considering that a) quite a few UN organizations work mostly independently of the core organization and this is probably one of them and b) the US are quite good at making the UN do what they want or ignore them when they don't feel like listening to them, this is some prime fear mongering and high-grade bullshit. Sadly enough, there are probably some idiots out there who still believe it.

Quote :
"Some would argue this document that mayors have signed is contradictory to our own Constitution," Maes said.

BICYCLES: AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION!
Explains the shape a lot of people are in Razz
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 7:18 am

Good grief. The world is going to run out of oil in 30 or so years...

Oil, that delicious drinkable fluid that America seems to think the world is pissing with. Oil, that substance which must be renewable simply because it surely wouldn't want the oil barons to stop pissing money.

That's what this is about. Oil and money. Less cars means less oil use which means less money-pissing for oil barons. As if oil isn't used for hundreds of other things.

As if cars are bought in six-packs like beers. Most families have one or two cars, and they don't exactly buy a new one every week.

As if people are going to stop using their cars abruptly and get on their bikes to drive 30 miles. It would just be nice if they didn't get in their cars to drive 100 yards down the road for their shopping. So you can't carry a month's shopping on your bike? Go once a week instead.

As if public transportation will take you everywhere you want to go. But it will get you into town and you won't have to spend half the day looking for a place to park.

As if America ever gave a shit about what the UN wanted them to do anyway. So the UN would appreciate you riding bikes a bit more? What are they going to do next? Insist that you hand over your weapons stockpile while holding a Uzi to your head? Force you to convert to communism?

No, this whole bullshit change of mind stinks of somebody who's had a handful of money waved in front of their noses to show them how important cars and oil are.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:48 am

I don't think it's such a concerted effort. It could be that Maes is just stupid. Or is pandering to the stupid people.

That UN bullshit sounds like JBS crap, which is pretty popular among Teabaggers.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:50 am

Bicycle sharing! Oh, noes! What's next? Tax money going to pave roads? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:45 pm

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO OUR SCHEEEEWWWWWL
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Quote :
"At first, I thought, 'Gosh, public transportation, what's wrong with that, and what's wrong with people parking their cars and riding their bikes? And what's wrong with incentives for green cars?' But if you do your homework and research, you realize ICLEI is part of a greater strategy to rein in American cities under a United Nations treaty," Maes said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And I suppose walking a block to get a quart of milk is exactly what the Communists want us to do!
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Miss Misery wrote:
Quote :

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And I suppose walking a block to get a quart of milk is exactly what the Communists want us to do!

Precisely! China has very few privately owned automobiles because they're so expensive (and so crappy). So the vast majority of the citizenry either use public transportation of bicycles.

Forget the UN, he's trying to turn us all into communists! Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! 961878
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Oh hey, this is my state.

Once I walked downtown from my grandparents' house and back, to go exploring and familiarise myself with the place, plus getting out to do something... When I came back, they asked, "You can walk to downtown?!"

I think automobilecentricism isn't so uncommon.

In other news, Coloradoan politics is pathetic bullshit. More on this at 11.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 2:13 am

I love it how he mantains his line of reasoning as vague as possible, in the hope someone with the IQ of a trout will just trust him to have made all the logical passages correctly.

1) Bicycling.
2) ????
3) OMGOPPRESSHUN!

This guy would have a ball with Cesare Lombroso.

Il Ciclismo nel Delitto wrote:
Each new mechanism, which enters the gears of human life, increases the figures and causes of delinquency and craziness; thus electricity and magnetism have supplanted diabolical influence in the persecutory delirium of the paranoids and entered among the new tools and shapes of crime... None of the modern devices however has managed to reach the extraordinary importance of the bicycle, both as a cause and an instrument for offense... The passion for pedalling leads to theft, fraud and robbery

This was the same "scientist" who had observed that during their period women were irresistibly prone to malicious gossiping, perfidious plotting and fabrication of fables; and mantained that rapists could be spotted by sloping foreheads and excessively long arms.
At least Lombroso was born in 1835, but what's Maes's excuse?
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:34 am

Wish we could walk or bicycle more in MY city. We had an explosion on the amount of vehicles during the last six years, and we ended up with massive traffic problems. The incompetently designed urban environment (made for the cars instead of the people) only makes things worse.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:38 am

Exodia's Right Leg wrote:
Wish we could walk or bicycle more in MY city. We had an explosion on the amount of vehicles during the last six years, and we ended up with massive traffic problems. The incompetently designed urban environment (made for the cars instead of the people) only makes things worse.

SILENCE ZIONIST PIG!

NEXT THING YOU KNOW YOU'LL BE ENCOURAGING US ALL TO GET "666" TATTOOED TO US!
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:59 am

It really is very hard to believe that ANYBODY would think that biking more would result in the loss of freedom and the UN enslaving America.

This sort of crap comes from the mouths of people who do the exact opposite of what the UN advises, just to spite them, because they're JUST THAT STUPID.

If the UN really wants America to listen to it, they should start saying thigs like "Oil spills? We insist that you have a few more," and "SUVs? Those oil-guzzling behemoths? Buy more of them right now! In fact, every family should have one!"
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Sutremaine
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sutremaine

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Verandering wrote:
When I came back, they asked, "You can walk to downtown?!"
How far was it actually?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!   Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing! Empty

Back to top Go down

Dan Maes reveals a UN Plot to Destory America with... Bicycle sharing!
Page 1 of 1