Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child

Go down 
+25
kelly
karmyn31
EileenK98
spoonhead75
Lady Anne
Goat
Mikey Go WOOGA
lemmingwriter
Kremlin
Rabid Badger
Fairlight
Seule
Dick Powers
Yubisaki
Chaltab
Mafiosa
Bezron
Maximilia
The Unoriginal
Verandering
WD40
ZoZo
Malganis
Raine
theweirdkind
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:56 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Telling children where they come from is a good idea. Sigh.

Maybe not when they're REALLY young and prone to nightmares.

But then again, nightmares and unpleasant experiences in general build character, so it certainly won't HURT.
Back to top Go down
Goat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Goat

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:14 am

Why would they have nightmares?

If your kid has nightmares after you explain to him how he came to be, mummy, you are doing it wrong. You're supposed to skip the bit about the blood and the pain.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:03 am

Goat wrote:

If your kid has nightmares after you explain to him how he came to be, mummy, you are doing it wrong. You're supposed to skip the bit about the blood and the pain.
I got a lesson in Roman history after my mum taught me about Caesareans. I became oddly interested in why this Caesar chap was so interesting that they named the whole thing after him. I was a weird kid.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:18 am

Apparently, I was lucky (or maybe after four kids, my mom just didn't dilly-dally around with the whole giving birth business). I was born approximately four and a half hours after her water broke and she went into labor.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:20 am

Dear Social Services,

The world is in a recession. We cannot afford this kind of shit. Please concentrate your resources on actual abuse cases.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
Rational People
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
spoonhead75
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spoonhead75

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:47 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

But then again, nightmares and unpleasant experiences in general build character, so it certainly won't HURT.

Exactly. (Yes, I know you were being ironic).

The HURT happened before the nightmare and nightmares are a sign that you have a very healthy way of dealing with unpleassantries and hurtful experiences.

And to be able to solve those DOES help with individuation, building character, maturing and stuff like that.

Every child will have nightmares about one thing or the other. I would be rather worried if my kids didn't.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:12 am

Quote :
The intervention by Birmingham social services prompted the mother, Shahnaz Malik, to go into hiding with her daughter, Amaani, for two months, fearing the girl would be taken away.
An alert was put out to all British ports, and police conducted raids on a string of properties in the West Midlands. Two weeks ago police battered down the door of the family’s home in an apartment block in an attempt to find Amaani. She had been moved elsewhere by her mother, but her father, Vijay Bansal, 42, an IT consultant, was later arrested and held in a cell overnight for “obstructing” the search.

What the fuck? Talk about overreacting!
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:15 am

I was born by c-section. Guess Mom should have just let me die instead.
My nephew was born by c-section because of complications. My sister is planning to have a c-section with her next kid. I don't think any of us are/will be abused by this.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:03 am

my mom had to have a C-section as well for me and my siblings apparently her hips were/are too narow or somthing which made natural birth harder so the only way out was via the knife...wonder what the social workers would have made of that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Both me and my brother were facing the wrong way in the womb. Probably because mom bellydanced until she was 8.5 months along, but oh well. My brother righted himself, I had to be suctioned out. I had a cone head for a while there. If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 588739

I wonder how abusive that was. Technecally we all came out from the vajayjay, but I needed mechanical assistance. Maybe thats the problem? The use of tools on the MOTHER that is the CHILD abuse?
Back to top Go down
Carrion Crawler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Carrion Crawler

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:43 pm

Now, now, the ruckus wasn't raised about her having the C-section, it was about telling the kid. While that makes reductio ad absurdem a lot harder, the import is arguably scarier. Contrast "if you had a C-section, you abused your child" with "your child must never know, and to protect their fluffy little minds from YOU, we're going to take them away". The former is pedestrianly fascist Mussolini type shit, but the latter is pure Orwellian nightmarish thought control.

I get that the undercurrent in everyone with a C-section history giving a testimonial is "well, my parents told me", but that underplays the scariest part, which is to say going beyond body control to thought control.

Maybe someone more familiar than me with the UK health system knows if physician's discretion goes far enough to give them control over C-section decisions? That could stem a really messed up situation in which someone had one REQUIRED and couldn't say anything about it.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:46 pm

I'm sure the details of the case have gotten mixed up here... Social Services were called in after some, in my opinion, vindictive person in the child's nursery complained.

Following this, the mother went into hiding for two months. Given that last fact alone, I honestly would not have a problem with SS and the police getting involved. It was an overly extreme reaction, although in the social climate of the UK and Birmingham in particular, it was a reaction of understandable paranoia.

Should any person, parent or no, attempt to remove a child from the reach of social services, that person should expect some very severe repocussions.

The C-Section complaint is piffle, and (in an ideal world) were the mother to stand her ground and face them, the charges would, no doubt, be thrown out.

Unfortunatly, it seems in this case, the mother happens to have brown skin, and in Birmingham, children have been placed into care on the basis of that alone.

The fact of the case we shoud be focusing on here is not the C-Section complaint. It is the social climate that caused the mother to act in the way she did.

ETA:
Carrion Crawler wrote:
Maybe someone more familiar than me with the UK health system knows if physician's discretion goes far enough to give them control over C-section decisions? That could stem a really messed up situation in which someone had one REQUIRED and couldn't say anything about it.

To the best of my knowedge a C-Section on the NHS (And in UK private health care) is a last resort. Although a patient can demand one, (In fact, there was a short-lived rise in this following the large media coverage of Victoria Beckham having her last child through C-Section) however, even these are discouraged, due to the myriad of consequences that can follow... C-Section infections can get very, very nasty.

A doctor can force a C-section, but only when Mom or Baby's life is at risk, and even then, if Mom made it clear that they would not allow one, Doc has to follow those instructions.

I think that answers your question.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:30 pm

Goat wrote:

. . .

OH!

That's why kids don't like me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Carrion Crawler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Carrion Crawler

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:35 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

That's why kids don't like me. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Actually, I'm pretty sure the best way to get kids to like you is to pull out the stops and be the most ragingly awful example you can be...
The horror, blood, and nightmares are a setback, but not a dealbreaker. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:41 am

WD40 wrote:
Following this, the mother went into hiding for two months. Given that last fact alone, I honestly would not have a problem with SS and the police getting involved. It was an overly extreme reaction, although in the social climate of the UK and Birmingham in particular, it was a reaction of understandable paranoia.

Whoops. I had read that the mother had made herself scarce, but had missed the "two months" bit.
Still, I'm with you in understanding why she would have such a reaction. Remember that story back on the green boards, when a couple of kids were taken away from their parents after an obscene drawing was found under the girl's desk? The family weren't even immigrants, only poor and Southerners in an affluent Northern town.
It took three hours to call in the police and remove the kids from the parents; it took seventy days to finally decide that the accusations were as consistent as a bubble of soap. The boy was questioned and threatened with permanent removal from the family, and when he returned home he had lost eighteen pounds.

If I had a whiff something like that is going to happen to me, I'd bamf the fuck out, too.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:09 am

Malganis wrote:
This is so insane and absurd that words can't describe it.

I think at least three of the seven words on George Carlin's famous list can be applied to this case.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:46 am

Just the other day I was talking to my friend from England who told me that C-Sections are looked down upon. I guess they have a saying "to posh to push".

Now I'm staring at this going "WOW! They really DO hate them don't they?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2