Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child

Go down 
+25
kelly
karmyn31
EileenK98
spoonhead75
Lady Anne
Goat
Mikey Go WOOGA
lemmingwriter
Kremlin
Rabid Badger
Fairlight
Seule
Dick Powers
Yubisaki
Chaltab
Mafiosa
Bezron
Maximilia
The Unoriginal
Verandering
WD40
ZoZo
Malganis
Raine
theweirdkind
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child Empty
PostSubject: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:20 am

Source.

Quote :
SOCIAL WORKERS have placed the five-year-old daughter of a professional couple on the child protection register for “emotional abuse” after the mother told the girl she was delivered by caesarean.
Tell your child they were delivered by c-section? CHILD ABUSE.

Quote :
Other allegations against the mother include cuddling her daughter for too long when dropping her off at nursery.
That's right, people! If you cuddle with your child, YOU ARE AN ABUSER!!!

Quote :
The problems started after Amaani began to attend a private nursery last September.Within weeks, friction developed between Malik and staff, who said the girl bit her nails and had been overheard swearing at a teacher.
Yes, sometimes that does happen when a child picks up those words.

Quote :
Malik, who has a masters degree in social policy, said last week: “We never swear at home, so she must have picked up the words at nursery. She told me she did swear at the nursery teacher because she was grabbed very hard by her.”
Wait, so if the kid is grabbed by that hair at the nursery, why isn't the nursery under investigation?

Quote :
When Malik withdrew Amaani from the nursery, she was told by a health visitor that their case was being referred to social services.
...Because a kid swore? Really?

Quote :
In January, Birmingham council notified the family that Amaani was subject to a child protection plan for “emotional abuse”. Although she would be allowed to live at home, social workers would make unannounced visits.
Emotional abuse because the mom gave her a c-section. If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child 203843
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:27 am

I wonder what the reaction would have been if they'd told her she'd been squeezed out of a vagin... I mean, "vajayjay".
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:41 am

This is so insane and absurd that words can't describe it.

Cue social services wank, round 2, but... this family is being harrassed for no real pressing reason that I can see, yet some children suffer flagrant abuse and some social services workers do jack shit to take the child out of the abusive situation. Oh, wait, maybe the kid gets carried out out of the home in a body bag, eventually, but until then Social Services just can't break up the family. Rolling Eyes

And no, I'm not saying all social workers are like that, and I'm not saying they do (or don't) do anything because they're sadistic bastards who feed on the tears of children, but WTF, where is the logic here?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:04 am

Telling children where they come from is a good idea. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:04 am

Part of the problem comes from the fact that Social Services are pretty much damned if they do and damned if they dont.

There are extremes all over the place here... The nurcery's apparent vindictivness, the mothers somewhat extreme reaction (albeit at least partially understandable), the police reaction may seem over-the-top, but in the end they are investigating an apparent child-kidnapping & dissapearance and the social services ruling (however, again, given the dissapearance, can not also be totally written up as extreme.)

SS are, in this case, taking the flack for being too extreme, having veered too far to try and cover themselves from not taking enough action.

This is a rediculous story that, in my opinion, highlights a whole host of problems. Not least that blame for the whole thing can be spread across a whole load of different people. No one is free of blame in this case, Mom included.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:23 am

What a confusing article.

In any case...
Quote :
SOCIAL WORKERS have placed the five-year-old daughter of a professional couple on the child protection register for “emotional abuse” after the mother told the girl she was delivered by caesarean.
Yeahno.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:34 am

Even if we account for the article's bias, this is ridiculous. DNA tests to check if the kid's been in a house? Battering the door? What is this woman, an Al Qaeda spymaster?
When I was three, my grandma used to visit an ageing couple of neighbours and chat with the lady while I played with her husband, who was an ex partisan from the Garibaldi Brigades and taught me to play card games and cuss like a sailor. Quite surprisingly, I'm as normal as they come.

I've seen the 'delivery' card played awkwardly, however. Pupils of a primary school (6 to 10 yo) wrote essays about Mother's day complete with drawings and one kid went on explaining how his mum nearly died and needed two bags of blood etc. I guess his mother played the guilt card once too many but still, unless the kid draws morbid stuff, gets into fights or tortures animals, would you see grounds for the social services intervening? I don't.

This is some idiot determined to go by the book, possibly following instigation from the kindergarten personnel, and they've picked a soft target at that. I hope the family is offered legal advice, this case is based on fucking nothing.
The article mentions the previous case of another kid starved to death, so I guess the local branch of the social services feel like they have something to prove.

Shoot, yesterday my daughter uttered her first P** G**. I really need to get a grip.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:43 am

Even before I saw the picture in the article, I was wondering if this was spurred on by something else, like racism or religion-ism... specifically if they were Muslim. Then I read the article and saw the picture, and the family does indeed appear Middle-Eastern. However, this story is located in Britain, isn't it? Can anyone tell me if the same irrational fear many Americans hold for Muslim families is present there? If so, that may go a long way in explaining why the nursery felt it had to report something so silly like cuddling a child too long before leaving her.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:00 am

Maximilia wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the same irrational fear many Americans hold for Muslim families is present there? If so, that may go a long way in explaining why the nursery felt it had to report something so silly like cuddling a child too long before leaving her.

Birmingham and specifically Birmingham social services, unfortunatly, have a depressing track record when it comes to this. Which is doubly depressing when you realise that Birmingham, England's Second City, is right up there with London as one of the most multicultural cities on the planet.

Yeah, being brown-skinned and owning a beard are easy grounds for a stop-and-search here in the UK. And it's not helped with stories like this this or this....

I'm also convinced that this whole thing started with a vindictive so-and-so at a nursery, and given Mom's eastern appearance, it is not surprising that she feared the worst when Social Services did start to call. However, again, her actions did nothing to help her in this case.

Like I said, rediculous and extreme are all over this story.
Back to top Go down
Bezron

Bezron

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:05 am

Maximilia wrote:
Even before I saw the picture in the article, I was wondering if this was spurred on by something else, like racism or religion-ism... specifically if they were Muslim. Then I read the article and saw the picture, and the family does indeed appear Middle-Eastern. However, this story is located in Britain, isn't it? Can anyone tell me if the same irrational fear many Americans hold for Muslim families is present there? If so, that may go a long way in explaining why the nursery felt it had to report something so silly like cuddling a child too long before leaving her.

I think they are Indian. Mom's nose is pierced in the picture, the names have a distinctly Indian flavor for me, and the dad is an IT consultant. Ok, that last one was a joke (he is, but that doesn't make him Indian).

Still here in the US, the people who hate the Mooslums often can't tell the difference...or thay just assume that anyone brown is evil!
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:35 am

Bezron wrote:
Still here in the US, the people who hate the Mooslums often can't tell the difference...or thay just assume that anyone brown is evil!
Much the same here, alas. My dad is Greek, which gives me dark hair and a slight olive tint to my complexion. This apparently means that I carry bombs around airports routinely.
Back to top Go down
Bezron

Bezron

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:37 am

ZoZo wrote:
Bezron wrote:
Much the same here, alas. My dad is Greek, which gives me dark hair and a slight olive tint to my complexion. This apparently means that I carry bombs around airports routinely.

Well, it is my feeling that Greek women ARE the bomb, so there!
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:39 am

Show us on the doll where your mother hugged you goodbye.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:05 am

What the heck? This is pretty absurd. I was told I'd been delivered by C-Section when I was very young... in fact, I didn't even know about the natural birth process until I was ten years old or so. <.<
Back to top Go down
Yubisaki

Yubisaki

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:47 am

Considering this is social services, I'm not suprised.

This seems to be a universal thing. In America, happy kids are confiscated from home when their parents won't dope them up on ritalin, in Sweden, there was a kid ripped from home since he was-(wait for it)-fat.

It has much to do with the fact that just about anyone can tear a family apart by making sure that they

a) Don't fit the standard for picture-perfect 1950's household where everything is great all the time.

b) Call social services and tell blatant lies.

So frankly, as a person who's spent lots of time talking to these kinds of people, I'm happy this came to light. Making social services steal kids is far too easy these days..
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 11:58 am

Raine wrote:
I wonder what the reaction would have been if they'd told her she'd been squeezed out of a vagin... I mean, "vajayjay".

Then it's sexual abuse.
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:13 pm

When my brother was born my mum told me allllll about how many stitches she had to have because he was so big...

I only sat cross-legged for a few months...
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:17 pm

Seule wrote:
When my brother was born my mum told me allllll about how many stitches she had to have because he was so big...

My brother was a caesarian birth... It hasn't affected him, except he always leaves the house through the front window...

HAITHANKYOU! If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child 961878
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:14 pm

WD40 wrote:
Seule wrote:

My brother was a caesarian birth... It hasn't affected him, except he always leaves the house through the front window...

HAITHANKYOU! If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child 961878

Instead of what, through the basement? scratch
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 2:23 pm

<=====Joke

your head
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Chaltab wrote:
What the heck? This is pretty absurd. I was told I'd been delivered by C-Section when I was very young... in fact, I didn't even know about the natural birth process until I was ten years old or so. <.<
That makes two of us. I assumed it was how all babies were born for years.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:36 pm

More and more, I get the feeling this is based less on anything the child did and more on the fact she's not white.

Also, how can you hug a child 'too long?' Do they have teachers standing out on the steps with stopwatches timing you?
Back to top Go down
Kremlin

Kremlin

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Fairlight wrote:
Chaltab wrote:
Same. I was under the impression that Joseph had cut baby Jesus out of Mary's stomach.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Kremlin wrote:
Fairlight wrote:
Chaltab wrote:
Same. I was under the impression that Joseph had cut baby Jesus out of Mary's stomach.

Ditto to the C-section thing as well. I too spent years thinking that's how babies got here. My mother loves to trot that out: I was almost a month late, weighed over 9.5lbs, and still made her go through a hideously long labor before they decided to do the C. My brother was also a C-section, and while his was planned, the anaesthetic didn't take, so she felt the whole thing. I've heard it all every freaking Mother's Day since I was six.

...my mother is really good at guilt trips.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:20 pm

The worst thing my mother ever told me was that her gynecologist had "big fingers".

I wish social services would have taken me away from the embarrassment and bad images.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child   If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child Empty

Back to top Go down

If You Had a C-Section, You Have Abused Your Child
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next