Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wii have a shooting.

Go down 
+33
Sutremaine
Jay/Cris
InkWeaver
grmblfjx
Mikey Go WOOGA
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
myeerah
Adagio
Jesus.
KelinciHutan
Maximilia
Dick Powers
Chris91
Malganis
spoonhead75
EileenK98
Lapin
Rabid Badger
Raine
Reepicheep-chan
Carrion Crawler
Just Chipper
Braigwen
Lembech
Psy-4
Penguin
Ezri Dax
Chaltab
Bezron
Verandering
Mafiosa
theweirdkind
WD40
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:40 pm

spoonhead75 wrote:

I'd say stabbing your fellow students and teachers with a knife is a lot less effective and bulding a bomb a lot more difficult than using shooting weapons.

It's spelled B-U-I-L-D-I-N-G.

Quote :
A bloody knife fight doesn't look really cool - and if you throw some sort of bomb, nobody sees you and you miss all the FAME!

Statistically, teenagers who are planning a school shooting or what have you, usually tell someone about what they are planning. These attacks are more often than not a cry for help that goes unheard. Someone will know who was behind the bombing and/or someone will inform the authorities about a troubled student during questioning which will lead the policed to conduct a search and uncover the materials the perp had used to make the bomb.

Quote :

I don't know what YOU cook with your children, though - we're doing mostly spaghetti bolognese.

If that's all you are eating, your children must be malnourished and you should be ashamed of yourself. Being shot by an unloaded gun locked away in a hidden safe is the least of their problems.

Quote :
And I don't have any tough chemicals in the house either - mostly, because my kids are small and I don't want them to drink it.

Ever heard of safety locks for cabinets? It's impossible for a small child to open them. Seriously though, what do you clean your house with? Soap?
Back to top Go down
Bezron

Bezron

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:46 pm

spoonhead75 wrote:

I don't know what YOU cook with your children, though - we're doing mostly spaghetti bolognese.

Usually, I cook a side of potatos to go with my children....

spoonhead75 wrote:
And I don't have any tough chemicals in the house either - mostly, because my kids are small and I don't want them to drink it. AND because I don't think they're healthy if you use them as intended, either. But that's way off topic. Wink

Paranoid much? You do realize that the "vegan" cleaning methods (ya know, vinegar and such) actually leave quite a bit of filth and germs behind, right?
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:50 pm

Bezron wrote:

Do you boil 'em, mash 'em, and stick 'em in a stew?
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:53 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Bezron wrote:

Do you boil 'em, mash 'em, and stick 'em in a stew?

The children, or the potatoes?

I'd roast the kids, myself, and put the potatoes on the sides. Don't forget to put apples in their mouths.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Malganis wrote:

Both. Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 588739
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Malganis wrote:

But the kiddie-meat would be all boiled and stringy... don't you prefer a nice juicy steak?
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:07 pm

Malganis wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:
Malganis wrote:

But the kiddie-meat would be all boiled and stringy... don't you prefer a nice juicy steak?

LOVETT:
It's priest. Have a little priest.

TODD:
Is it really good?

LOVETT:
Sir, it's too good, at least!
Then again, they don't commit sins of the flesh,
So it's pretty fresh.

TODD:
Awful lot of fat.

LOVETT:
Only where it sat.

TODD:
Haven't you got poet, or something like that?

LOVETT:
No, y'see, the trouble with poet is
'Ow do you know it's deceased?
Try the priest!
Back to top Go down
Bezron

Bezron

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:12 pm

Did this thread just degenerate into musical theater?
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm

spoonhead75 wrote:
*terribly complicated, involved, and unlikely hypothetical situation*
Well, then, spoonhead, since they frighten you so much, perhaps it's best that you don't own any guns. I certainly won't make you have one.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 2:52 pm

Bezron wrote:
Did this thread just degenerate into musical theater?
There! There! Somebody, somebody look up there!
Didn't I tell you? Smell that air! City on fire!
Quick, sir! Run and tell!
Warn 'em all of the witch's spell!
There it is, there it is, the unholy smell!
Tell it to the Beadle and the police as well!
Tell 'em! Tell 'em! Help! Fiend!
City on fire! City on fire!
Mischief! Mischief! Mischief...
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:37 pm

spoonhead75 wrote:
It would freak me to know there's a gun in my house.

I'd freak simply because I would wonder how it got there and what illegal connections I had to go through in order to get it.
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Y'know, whilst I disagree with the way spoonhead argued their point, I agree with their first comment. It would freak me out a little too, if we had a gun in the house. (Granted, less so if it was locked away and the ammo in a separate location, but then one might argue why it's necessary to even have the thing—given that actually using it for self-defense would take so long.)

The reason for this is because guns are made to shoot things—and this is why people comparing them to stoves or cleaning chemicals irks me. A stove isn't made for you to burn people with, and Mr. Clean isn't made to build bombs with. But guns are specifically made to shoot things with. Handguns and the like are specifically made to shoot people with. There's a huge gap of difference here.

(By the way, just to be clear, I'm not arguing against owning guns to hunt or whatever; people do that here, too. But there's a difference between a gun made and used to hunt game and something like a glock.)

That aside, I think we could all agree that the number of children accidentally shooting themselves would probably go down if there simply weren't any guns to be had.

I mean over where I live stuff like this is a non-issue. Teaching little three-year-olds how to handle guns is a non-issue, because by the time they're old enough to get their hands on them they know what a gun is and how dangerous it can be.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 3:56 pm

Adagio wrote:
A stove isn't made for you to burn people with

You mean to tell me that fire wasn't meant to burn stuff? Who would have thought!
Back to top Go down
Adagio
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Adagio

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Uh. Nice straw man there.

Allow me to clarify. Firstly, I said nothing about fire; I was talking about stoves. Secondly, note the use of the word people. The point I was trying to make—which you seem to have ignored—is that, whilst stoves or cleaning chemicals aren't made specifically to harm, guns are.

If you care to actually argue against my points (any of them; I'm not picky), I'm right here. I love a good debate.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:11 pm

Adagio wrote:

Allow me to clarify. Firstly, I said nothing about fire; I was talking about stoves. Secondly, note the use of the word people. The point I was trying to make—which you seem to have ignored—is that, whilst stoves or cleaning chemicals aren't made specifically to harm, guns are.

If you care to actually argue against my points (any of them; I'm not picky), I'm right here. I love a good debate.

A stove is a giant metal box that makes fire. Even the simplest of cavemen knows this.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Adagio wrote:

Quote :
good debate

Quote :
Dick Powers

LOL

^^^^^ Oh man beautiful ninja post there to prove my point
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Adagio wrote:
Long post
Stoves are for cooking meat. Knives are for cutting and stabbing meat. Chemicals are for killing living things (yes, germs are technecaly living things... technecally) Humans are living meat. Your arguement in that measure is invalid.

If you're talking intent, well, th also depends on the person. I like to make omlettes on my stove and clean mirrors with my cleaning materials. Now, thats because I'm normal. Howver, if I were of that ilk, I could use either of those thngs to kill and maim. Consequwently a kid could use any of these things to harm the self or others with or without intent. So your arguement is invalid.

The fact of the matter is that you just don't like guns. What you fail to understand (not trying to convert you to the land of gun lovers, but I'm just saying) that guns don't kill people. People WITH guns or anything else on them at the moment kill people. So yeah.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:41 pm

Jesus. wrote:
...technecaly ...

...technecally ...

...arguement ...

...Howver ...

...Consequwently ...

....arguement ...

Hrm... scratch
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:49 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
...technecaly ...

...technecally ...

...arguement ...

...Howver ...

...Consequwently ...

....arguement ...
Spellcheck.net is your friend.
Back to top Go down
Carrion Crawler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Carrion Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Jesus. wrote:
...technecaly ...

...technecally ...

...arguement ...

...Howver ...

...Consequwently ...

....arguement ...

Hrm... scratch
Total substituted letters: i-e ->i
Missing letters: l, e
Added letters: e, w, e

The secret message is ILEEWE. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ETA: *I* like guns...
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Carrion Crawler wrote:

The secret message is ILEEWE. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

But what does it mean? I have to know!
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 4:55 pm

"Guns don't kill people. I do."

Fifty internet point to whoever gets the reference!
Back to top Go down
Carrion Crawler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Carrion Crawler

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 5:10 pm

myeerah wrote:

Warcraft 3 much? I've also seen it in other media, though.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Carrion Crawler wrote:
myeerah wrote:

Warcraft 3 much? I've also seen it in other media, though.

Actually, no. I'm thinking of UHF.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:31 pm

I'm very anti-gun.

But I cannot see why people are blaming Nintendo and not the father.

Without ammunition, a gun is just so much scrap metal. Hell, if guns are kept unloaded and the ammunition is kept locked up tight, you don't even NEED to lock the guns up. It's good advice to do so, of course, but my point stands - you can't shoot somebody with an unloaded gun.

Kids like to pick things up and play with things. For a three year old, she might know that's not the Wii controller, but it looks a bit like the Wii controller and it shoots things. If she's never had guns explained to her, it's not a huge stretch that she might think it's just a harmless toy. Or she might have just wanted to examine the thing that her daddy just took out.

WHAT THE FUCK was a loaded handgun doing, lying around the house where just anybody could pick it up? If the step-father was that gun-happy, when he went out to check for prowlers, why didn't he take the gun with him? If he was worried about dogs, why did he think leaving a handgun on the table would scare them off? It's not a huge stretch that the kid might have taken the safety off herself while playing, but this whole thing stinks of bullshitty negligence.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii have a shooting.   Wii have a shooting. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wii have a shooting.
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next