Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender

Go down 
+29
Waffles
Maximilia
Kremlin
Mr.Doobie
Fitchsticks
Dr. Professor Science
Root Admin
Mafiosa
Lysander
Lexin
Mae Bedlam
Sheba
Spotts1701
Hot Cancer
saeku
Somath Cegem
Penguin
rachel
InkWeaver
Mikey Go WOOGA
Malganis
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Psy-4
The Unoriginal
rae
Raine
Mary Sue
Thanos6
Cyberwulf
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender Empty
PostSubject: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 7:27 pm

Take a look at this piece of shit.

He plied a woman with drink (and may have spiked it), then took her to a skip in a car park and assaulted her. He lied to the GardaĆ­, but CCTV showed him carrying the woman to the skip. He was sentenced to seven years, with the last two suspended.

Before the sentencing, several other pieces of shit lined up to shake hands with him and hug him. Meanwhile his victim has to deal, not only with trauma of the assault, with this:

Quote :
In her victim impact statement, the woman spoke of being “judged” in north Kerry, but said she was not sorry for telling the truth. Everyone in Listowel knew who she was, despite the press respecting her anonymity, she said.

“Even though my name has never been mentioned in the press, Listowel is not a big town and everyone knows it’s me,” the woman said. “I feel as if people are judging me the whole time. I’ve been asked by people I know if I am sorry for bringing Dan Foley to court. I am not sorry for it. All I did was tell the truth.”

And here's the piece of shit priest who gave him a character reference at his trial:

Quote :
Speaking today Fr Sheehy said he was one of the men who shook Foley’s hand because he wanted to “support him and let him know he was not alone”.

He said: “My Christian responsibility was to this person that I knew and to the person who is the object of, what I call, this extremely harsh sentence.”

Fr Sheehy said he didn’t know the victim but had he known her he “certainly would have shook her hand as well”.

Oh how nice of him. If he'd only know the victim, he would've shaken her hand too. Except he couldn't be fucking bothered to even go and talk to her.

BUT THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS RAPE CULTURE THAT'S SOMETHING HYSTERICAL FEMINAZIS MADE UP AMIRITE
Back to top Go down
Thanos6
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Thanos6

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 7:30 pm

What's a skip?
Back to top Go down
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 8:34 pm

Wow, this is awful. Unfortunately, coming from a small town myself, I know exactly the kind of culture that breeds this kind of behaviour. That sounds exactly like something that would have happened in my hometown. That poor woman does not deserve to go through this in addition to the trauma of her assault.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 11:14 pm

Poor woman, I feel so sorry for her. Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender 309696 I hope she can move far away from that place.

Thanos6 wrote:
What's a skip?

A dumpster, basically.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 1:24 am

Mary Sue wrote:
Wow, this is awful. Unfortunately, coming from a small town myself, I know exactly the kind of culture that breeds this kind of behaviour. That sounds exactly like something that would have happened in my hometown. That poor woman does not deserve to go through this in addition to the trauma of her assault.

This so much. Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender 309696

In my hometown, a girl was raped. Someone had broken into her house, yet people were still claiming she must've been asking for it. And people wonder why no one ever reports rapes in that town. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 1:30 am

I wish this was an isolated case.
In 2007 a girl was raped for three hours by a gang of eight teenagers.
The mayor of the town came up with 40,000 euros to assist them with legal expenses. When a senator said that was a dumb move ansked him to withdrew, he called her a "fucking Taliban". A delegation of women expressed their support for the mayor, who had declared that "the only rapes in here are done by Rumanians... it's in their blood".

Now the rapists are being put on probation and the trial will start once the probation is over, ie in 2012.
They're as free as a bird, they're receiving psychological help to reintegrate as productive members of the society and if they abstain from gang-raping another girl the crime will be extinguished forever.

About their degree of repentance: the victim was in a bar with her brother and two of them came in. He told them to leave, "haven't you hurt her enough?"
For all response, they sued him.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 7:11 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
BUT THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS RAPE CULTURE THAT'S SOMETHING HYSTERICAL FEMINAZIS MADE UP AMIRITE
You're right about the first part, I'll give you that.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 2:51 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Psy, reread the posts in this thread, and then take a header off a skyscraper.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 4:42 pm

How in HELL can ANYBODY just say that a rapist is an okay person? Rape isn't like murder - murder can be deliberate (in which case 20+ years I say), but it can also be a horrible, horrible mistake, a crime of passion, and all that.

With rape, you actively choose to stick your cock in somebody deliberately. It's not something you can do accidentally. It's not a fucking accident; a rapist knows damn well what they're doing.

It was just a nasty, dark part of them that was waiting inside and it's still there when you hug them and tell them you're sorry they got found guilty by a court of law. IT'S NOT A FUCKING ACCIDENT!
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 5:16 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Psy-4 wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Psy, reread the posts in this thread, and then take a header off a skyscraper.

Cyber: Thank you.

The Unoriginal: What the fuck. That's hideous. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
And here's the piece of shit priest who gave him a character reference at his trial:

OH LAWD, PEOPLE ACCUSED OF CRIMES CAN DEFEND THEMSELVES!!! What is this world coming to?

Not to say he doesn't deserve at least five years, but you REALLY need to stop being a cunt all over the place. Colbert
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 9:19 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

OH LAWD, PEOPLE ACCUSED OF CRIMES CAN DEFEND THEMSELVES!!! What is this world coming to?

Not to say he doesn't deserve at least five years, but you REALLY need to stop being a cunt all over the place. Colbert

you REALLY need to stop being a cunt all over the place.

you REALLY need to stop being a cunt all over the place.

you

HAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHAH HAHAH HAH. HA.

You're like a fuckwit donut filled with irony custard. Stop posting.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:44 pm

Quite right, Cy. There is absolutely no alternate explanation besides that we live in a society where rape is normalized and encouraged.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:58 pm

So glad I put Mikey on my ignore list. Now if people would just stop quoting him, my blissful ignorance would be complete.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 9:27 am

Sorry, rachel. I should probably put him on ignore, as insulting him does no good.

Um, Psy - wouldn't that be called... "rape culture"?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 9:54 am

I think that's what he's getting at. Just tighten it up a bit:

"Quite right, Cy. There is absolutely no alternate explanation besides that we live in a society with a rape culture."
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 10:04 am

Psy-4 wrote:
Quite right, Cy. There is absolutely no alternate explanation besides that we live in a society where rape is normalized and encouraged.
I'm glad you finally agree.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 10:31 am

All right, in all seriousness: If there is a rape culture here, are we talking about Ireland or Western civilization in general? In either case, does that mean we can take incidents like the one in the article to be commonplace, rather than an abberation?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 10:49 am

Penguin wrote:
All right, in all seriousness: If there is a rape culture here, are we talking about Ireland or Western civilization in general? In either case, does that mean we can take incidents like the one in the article to be commonplace, rather than an abberation?
What about what the other contributors to the thread have said about stuff like this happening elsewhere? Or how about that girl who was gangraped while people stood around and watched, and was only helped when word travelled down the line to somebody who was a decent human being? How about the De Anza case, where the men in question weren't charged even though the women who dragged their victim out of there to safety were willing to testify to what was going on?

What about the prevailing cultural narrative, which takes the form of ways that women can protect themselves, that casts rape as entirely a women's issue even though the vast majority of rapists are men? Or all this talk of "grey rape" and "false allegations" and "morning after regret" which crop up whenever the rapist isn't a total stranger who jumped out of the bushes, or the victim isn't a child, old lady, or virginal, modestly-dressed, Christian girl?

There's way too much of this shit floating around for it all to be "aberrations".
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:05 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
that casts rape as entirely a women's issue even though the vast majority of rapists are men? .

To be fair, it doesn't matter how many times you tell men not to be rapists, those that do rape prolly aren't gonna be deterred just by being told it's wrong.
Going the other way and scanning for any rapist like behaviour in men beforehand would have the same effect as it does looking for terrorists that way, lots more innocent sods locked up than actual rapists.
The only way to help prevent rape is make it so the prospective victims are A) Less of a target (like not leaving you valuables on display for theft) though that only works if the attack is not premeditated and even then can fall flat (See the post about somebody being broken into then raped up above) or B) Giving the prospective victim the means to defend themselves and the training to us it.

Other than that, no arguments with your post wulf.
Back to top Go down
saeku
Fapmaster
Fapmaster

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:12 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
that casts rape as entirely a women's issue even though the vast majority of rapists are men? .

To be fair, it doesn't matter how many times you tell men not to be rapists, those that do rape prolly aren't gonna be deterred just by being told it's wrong.

Many rapists attempt to justify their actions as not being rape - "it wasn't rape because she didn't say no" (even though she was drunk to near unconsciousness), "it wasn't rape because we're married," "it wasn't rape because she deserved it," or any other amount of defenses. Awareness-raising about rape should definitely be targeted to men as well as women in order to make clear that these defenses are not acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:17 am

saeku wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Many rapists attempt to justify their actions as not being rape - "it wasn't rape because she didn't say no" (even though she was drunk to near unconsciousness), "it wasn't rape because we're married," "it wasn't rape because she deserved it," or any other amount of defenses. Awareness-raising about rape should definitely be targeted to men as well as women in order to make clear that these defenses are not acceptable.

I don't know. The very concept of rape strikes me as so very, very fundamentally wrong and undoable that I wonder would someone who could do it listen to any of that sort of stuff. Couldn't hurt to try I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:19 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

To be fair, it doesn't matter how many times you tell men not to be rapists,
Stop.

How many men think that a rapist is a stranger who jumps out from behind a bush or breaks into a woman's home?

How many of them think that it's acceptable to have sex with a drunk woman, even though she may have absolutely no idea what's going on?

How many of them feel it's acceptable to nag, moan, blackmail, threaten, coerce or use non-physical force to get sex?

How many of them think it's okay to put their penises inside a sleeping or unconscious woman?

How many of them think "no" means she's playing hard to get?

How many of them bother to actually ask a woman if she wants sex, rather than assuming that if there's no "no", they're good to go?

How many of them think it's okay to deliberately get a woman drunk so that she'll be more open to having sex with them?

And how many of them tolerate or even approve of this behaviour when their buddies do it?

That's what I mean when I talk about tackling rape by focusing on male behaviour.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:27 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
There's way too much of this shit floating around for it all to be "aberrations".

But even if you get rid of all of that, you are still going to not going to get where you want to be because you cannot eliminate (no matter how hard you try) the personal biases and baggage that jurors bring into a case.

And I'm not talking about accusations. I'm talking about cases that actually go to trial (remember, 98% of all criminal cases in the United States are plea-bargained or dismissed before trial).

Take the Marsalis case in Philadelphia: 10 women, all of them willing to testify in court that Marsalis drugged and raped them. Expert testimony that he was a "sexually violent predator". A history of Marsalis posing as everything from a doctor to a CIA agent to commit his crimes. Physical evidence, including documents on his computer laying out his crimes.

No convictions.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender   Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:30 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

To be fair, it doesn't matter how many times you tell men not to be rapists,
Stop.

How many men think that a rapist is a stranger who jumps out from behind a bush or breaks into a woman's home?

How many of them think that it's acceptable to have sex with a drunk woman, even though she may have absolutely no idea what's going on?

How many of them feel it's acceptable to nag, moan, blackmail, threaten, coerce or use non-physical force to get sex?

How many of them think it's okay to put their penises inside a sleeping or unconscious woman?

How many of them think "no" means she's playing hard to get?

How many of them bother to actually ask a woman if she wants sex, rather than assuming that if there's no "no", they're good to go?

How many of them think it's okay to deliberately get a woman drunk so that she'll be more open to having sex with them?

And how many of them tolerate or even approve of this behaviour when their buddies do it?

And how many of them do you think will actually listen to you and just go "Oh well that can't mean me..". Face it, lecture all you want a twat will still act like a twat.
Back to top Go down

Dozens queue up to sympathise with sex offender
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next