Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why, God, why did these commercials get made?

Go down 
+101
Mr.Doobie
Anon
Howithurts
Petronella
Hawaiian Shirt
Summercorn
William Shakespeare
cristina_chavia
GeorgeUK
Eeveegou
teal deer
WD40
Trioculus
Malganis
Dixie
fapfapfap
CaptainMcNeil
Aggie
Chris91
neko mata
Azzandra
Braigwen
socke puppette
Nonsense Words
Alhazred
Snake Bandage
kadytheredpanda
Reepicheep-chan
Sutremaine
TheIan
Jay/Cris
Gamma Vector
SirDixonDongs
InkWeaver
mluckw
grmblfjx
Seule
Mira
Raine
KeyserSoze
VileCorp
Renew_light
Mystique
Mary Sue
Jossarian
ZOMG Rachy
Kremlin
Spooky
Psy-4
Maximilia
Dr. Professor Science
Penguin
Mikey Go WOOGA
rae
Miss Prince
Sparrow
T.S.Orr
Lexin
Narwhal
Thanos6
Quamp II
Kirby
KelinciHutan
Cactus Wren
DarthDarthington
Deutschtard
Yeltzy
KJM
Saleha
Hivemind
Mafiosa
KGarrett
GamemasterAnthony
Sakurelf
DeeDee
Drabbler
Bad Luck Charm
EileenK98
A_Note_Chaotic
Mae Bedlam
quamp
Lapin
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Delcat
theweirdkind
Root Admin
Inciter
Rabid Badger
SokMunkie
Solitia
gaijinguy
Lembech
Animir
Trivia
Ceres
-XIII-
Verandering
Freezer
ZoZo
Cyberwulf
Knight
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:46 pm

Yeah, stepping outside strips a woman of her ability to cook! That's why she must never leave the house.

God but that pisses me off. Inside, you won't get a man to cook for love nor money because it's the woman's job, but as soon as it's barbeque season, the 'man' leaps to the job. He can't wait to cook up a storm or something.

I've seen men online who actually claim that women can't barbeque. Despite the fact it's only half a step away from the oven grill that gives them their steaks every week.

It's like they think barbeques are like some sort of penis extension, but an oven will cause their cock to wither and die.

As for those so-called 'ugly' women in the Bacardi ads, they don't look so bad to me. Maybe not the stunningly unattainable supermodels that Lynx attracts, but still, I'll tell you what it is in those ads that will make you look more attractive - the beer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Hivemind

Hivemind

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:17 pm

Geico. Staring. Cash. Those three words are enough to inspire RAGE within me. Does Geico want to SCARE us into buying their insurance? Like I have enough twisted shit in my dreams already without adding soul-stealing, goggly-eyed money demons trying to steal my soul. And what's with these idiots who just stare at the huge pile of cash and do nothing? TAKE THE CASH AND FLICK THE EYEBALLS OFF OF IT, ALREADY!!
Back to top Go down
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:37 am

GamemasterAnthony wrote:
Swiffer's done it again. This time they're using the song "Love Stinks" for their ads.

Could someone PLEASE tell these cretins to stop mucking up pop culture?

I dunno, I think it's better than the other ones. But then of course, maybe it's because I like that song better. Blush
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:29 am

Hivemind wrote:
Geico. Staring. Cash. Those three words are enough to inspire RAGE within me. Does Geico want to SCARE us into buying their insurance? Like I have enough twisted shit in my dreams already without adding soul-stealing, goggly-eyed money demons trying to steal my soul. And what's with these idiots who just stare at the huge pile of cash and do nothing? TAKE THE CASH AND FLICK THE EYEBALLS OFF OF IT, ALREADY!!

Bad enough Geico is schitzophrenic with their ads. They keep switching between that cash, the cavemen, and the gecko. At least the gecko ads are more informative...
Back to top Go down
Drabbler
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Drabbler

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:38 am

That's been one of the more amusing/frustrating things about Geico's ads for years. Why pour all your money into one popular and distinctive ad campaign when you can run three or four?

I was really hoping the Cavemen sitcom would be moderately successful, because the longer it ran, the longer Geico wouldn't have access to them. They'd be much easier to avoid; and, even as bad as the show was, the characters were slightly more amusing and far more nuanced than their one-note ad counterparts.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:28 am

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
God but that pisses me off. Inside, you won't get a man to cook for love nor money because it's the woman's job, but as soon as it's barbeque season, the 'man' leaps to the job. He can't wait to cook up a storm or something.
You do realize this is an equally sweeping generalization, right?
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 10:53 am

Delcat wrote:
Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
You do realize this is an equally sweeping generalization, right?

Thanks for saying it before I could jump on it, Delcat. Seriously, Harley, have you ever met a guy? Like, not on the Intertubes? Not every man is like Mikey at his unfunny worst.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:18 pm

I prefer grilling to cooking on the stove & baking. It's so much more efficient a process.
Back to top Go down
KJM
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:39 pm

GamemasterAnthony wrote:
Bad enough Geico is schitzophrenic with their ads. They keep switching between that cash, the cavemen, and the gecko. At least the gecko ads are more informative...
They should make an ad with the gecko meeting up with the cavemen, only to end up surrounded by cash, all of it staring at them.
Back to top Go down
http://kennethmrrw502.blogspot.com/
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:00 pm

KJM wrote:
GamemasterAnthony wrote:
They should make an ad with the gecko meeting up with the cavemen, only to end up surrounded by cash, all of it staring at them.

Oh snap...I'd pay good money to see that!

o.O

Did I just say "oh snap"?!?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:27 pm

Speaking of ads...In Laurel, there's this great big billboard I have never paid attention to because I have to focus to drive. Cue me being in stand-still traffic. I finally look at it.

It's for some kin of liquor involving the word "Royal".

The billboard is two girls in standard club/bar clothes. One woman is grabbing another's necklace in her mouth. The billboard is titled "Things are getting interesting."

Really? Y'all really went there? It makes me want to find the ad exec who had this stroke of brilliance and bash their head into their desk.
Back to top Go down
Yeltzy

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:37 pm

Ceres wrote:
Behold! The immortal Orangina furry sexy dance commercial! Gaze upon it and despair!
I remember being freaked out when I first saw this - I Did Not Want those images in my head! :panic: Does anyone know what drugs the people who came up with this were on? Was it industrial strength Lysergic Acid? Too many E-numbers? Not enough drugs? Or perhaps a bad dose of flu and therefore feverish and high on Benilyn and painkillers and antibiotics speaks from experience here... or something?! Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 199471 Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 309696

And has anyone got any brain bleach? pale
Back to top Go down
Yeltzy

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:53 pm

I hate one currently being shown in the UK for an oven cleaner, which is being sold with the tag-line "So simple, even a man could use it". It's not just the head-desking sexism from the female "lead", it's the excruciating "cute" giggle she signs off with. :bang:

Oh, and I can't forget the air-freshener one where a deeply annoying, eminently slappable child with a face which appears to have been elongated with CGI to make him appear older wants to go for a Number 2. Smiling Mummy tells him to run along, but Freaky Child says he wants "to go for a poo at Paul's house" - where, obviously, Paul's Mummy uses the product being advertised... And Freaky Child keeps on protesting that he wants to go for a poo at Paul's house until he appears to be working himself up towards some kind of tantrum which, you just know, would turn into a shit-flinging beserkr rage had Mummy not got The Message. :yerk:
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 8:52 am

Yeltzy wrote:
Ceres wrote:
Behold! The immortal Orangina furry sexy dance commercial! Gaze upon it and despair!
I remember being freaked out when I first saw this - I Did Not Want those images in my head! :panic: Does anyone know what drugs the people who came up with this were on? Was it industrial strength Lysergic Acid? Too many E-numbers? Not enough drugs? Or perhaps a bad dose of flu and therefore feverish and high on Benilyn and painkillers and antibiotics speaks from experience here... or something?! Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 199471 Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 309696

And has anyone got any brain bleach? pale

I've got an antidote! Charlie Brooker: Ten Biggest Cocks in Advertising
Back to top Go down
Yeltzy

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 4:10 pm

GamemasterAnthony wrote:
Yeltzy wrote:
I remember being freaked out when I first saw this - I Did Not Want those images in my head! :panic: Does anyone know what drugs the people who came up with this were on? Was it industrial strength Lysergic Acid? Too many E-numbers? Not enough drugs? Or perhaps a bad dose of flu and therefore feverish and high on Benilyn and painkillers and antibiotics speaks from experience here... or something?! Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 199471 Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 309696 And has anyone got any brain bleach? pale

I've got an antidote! Charlie Brooker: Ten Biggest Cocks in Advertising

Oh, I would love to know what he'd make of the Orangina ad - not to mention the others I mentioned, and quite a few of the other ads brought to our attention on this thread! Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 831506
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:07 pm

Yeltzy wrote:
Oh, and I can't forget the air-freshener one where a deeply annoying, eminently slappable child with a face which appears to have been elongated with CGI to make him appear older wants to go for a Number 2. Smiling Mummy tells him to run along, but Freaky Child says he wants "to go for a poo at Paul's house" - where, obviously, Paul's Mummy uses the product being advertised... And Freaky Child keeps on protesting that he wants to go for a poo at Paul's house until he appears to be working himself up towards some kind of tantrum which, you just know, would turn into a shit-flinging beserkr rage had Mummy not got The Message. :yerk:
Do you have a video link? 'Cause from that description, I'm picturing something like a Lynchian dream sequence and not an ad. Not that Lynch was ever particularly scatological, mind, but it's just that bizarre.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:14 pm

Delcat wrote:
Yeltzy wrote:
Do you have a video link? 'Cause from that description, I'm picturing something like a Lynchian dream sequence and not an ad. Not that Lynch was ever particularly scatological, mind, but it's just that bizarre.

I second this.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 7:54 pm

DeeDee wrote:
Delcat wrote:
Yeltzy wrote:

I second this.
That gum you like is going to come back in style.
Back to top Go down
Deutschtard
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Deutschtard

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 2:50 am

Bad Luck Charm wrote:
"Yippee-ai-ay, mini sirloin burgers! Yippee-ai-ay, mini sirloin burgers! Yippee-ai-ay, MINI SIRLOIN BURGERRRRS!!!"

Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 846489 DAMN YOU JACK IN THE BOX!!! :panic:

oh no, no. The ones that are worse, I think are the dance ones. the new dance craze that's sweepin' the nation, blah blah blah MINI BUFFALO RANCH CHICKEN SANDWICH. and sandwich is hugging the mini cowboys. I always think that the Roloffs would be pissed off at those commercials. I don't know why.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:16 pm

Delcat wrote:
DeeDee wrote:
Delcat wrote:
Yeltzy wrote:

I second this.
That gum you like is going to come back in style.

*Humps Delcat's leg*

On-topic... Anyone remember that Titty Tiddy Bear commercial from the House? That was bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:18 pm

I think I posted that on terrible products. TITTY BEAAAAAR RELIEVES PRESSURE
Back to top Go down
SokMunkie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
SokMunkie

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 6:51 pm

If you think commercials for adults are bad...

Since my son has discovered Nickelodeon and Disney Channel, I see a never-ending lineup of insipid and idiotic commercials for kids. If you want to see me scream and run around the room, just mention "Fruit By The Foot". "I've replaced your DNA with Fruit By The Foot!"
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 7:47 pm

Those Fruit by the Foot commercials aren't insipid and idiotic as much as they are creepy. Someone on TV Tropes pointed out how many candy/fruit snack commercials display the product as doing horrible things to you (See: Gushers, Airheads, and the like) and I've been unable to unsee the trend since.

On-topic:

LOLLIPOP LOLLIPOP OH LOLLI LOLLIPOP LOLLIPOP *POP* B'DUM DUM DUM

Every. Fucking. Commercial break. I'm ready to buy one of their fucking laptops if they'll JUST. STOP. SINGING.
Back to top Go down
Cactus Wren
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cactus Wren

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:07 pm

There was the Sony Bravia commercial from a few years ago:

THE
FIRST
TELEVISION
FOR
MEN
AND
WOMEN.

TRADEMARK.

With a strong message that only men care how well a TV set works: only the man cares about the AWESOME HD PICTURE. Women care only that it LOOKS REALLY STYLISH ON THE WALL.

ETA: I want to kill the woman in the "rollover minutes" series of commercials. You're so anxious to save them, YOU use the goddamned nasty old leftover minutes.
Back to top Go down
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:14 am

Delcat wrote:
LOLLIPOP LOLLIPOP OH LOLLI LOLLIPOP LOLLIPOP *POP* B'DUM DUM DUM

Every. Fucking. Commercial break. I'm ready to buy one of their fucking laptops if they'll JUST. STOP. SINGING.

This one's so bad, it should be in the Earworm Thread over in the Muzak forum. :bang:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why, God, why did these commercials get made?   Why, God, why did these commercials get made? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why, God, why did these commercials get made?
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next