Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me!

Go down 
+3
AngryRobotsInc
unskilled78
Dr. Professor Science
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me! Empty
PostSubject: The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me!   The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 4:37 pm

The truly heartfelt love story between a wall and a woman.

Yes, that's right. This woman thinks that all objects are alive and sentient. You can communicate with them telepathically. She is married to the Berlin Wall.

Quote :
This is my husband. His name is the Berlin Wall and he was born on August 13, 1961. I expect you've heard of him; he is quite a celebrity. He lives in Berlin.
I used to work in a pharmacy. Now I own a museum. My husband's job was to divide East and West Berlin. He is retired now.

I know what you're thinking: "But the Berlin Wall was torn down. They even wrote a song about it."

Yes, yes they did, but that doesn't stand in the way of that lady! Nope! Her thoughts can travel through time!

You heard me right.

Quote :
As I have explained elsewhere 9th of November 1989 tragedy, the last few years have been very difficult for me since the attack on my spouse. Rather than continue like that, I have altered my consciousness using temporal displacement. This is a method I have used before to cope with other traumatic events. Let me explain as simplys as I can.

I believe that everything that has existed continues to exist at some time in the past, present or future. As the present and future are so painful for me, I have fixed my mind within the period 1961 - 1988. That is the time when my beloved Berlin Wall existed and (for me) still exists in his full glory. I have done this by erasing most of my memories outside that period, enabling me to co-exist with my spose in those happy times.

This technique is not easy, and there is a cost to me. In returning to that period, I have lost all but my deepest memories from 1988 onwards. However that is the price that I gladly pay for being reunited with my beloved spose.

Sincerely
Wall W. Berliner-Mauer

Yep. She is also convinced that it is practically murder to tear down objects for political purposes.

Can anybody say 'crazy'?
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me!   The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:17 pm

A bat-shit-crazy woman wrote:
As the present and future are so painful for me, I have fixed my mind within the period 1961 - 1988. That is the time when my beloved Berlin Wall existed and (for me) still exists in his full glory. I have done this by erasing most of my memories outside that period, enabling me to co-exist with my spose in those happy times.

This technique is not easy, and there is a cost to me. In returning to that period, I have lost all but my deepest memories from 1988 onwards. However that is the price that I gladly pay for being reunited with my beloved spose.

Then, how the blazes are you on the internet talking about it?

I doubt the internet existed in that time-period, except perhaps 2 or 3 sites on ARPAnet, or whatever it was called back then, and it certainly did not use HTML.

I call semi-survivor of experimental brain surgery in a Soviet Gulag. (or troll)
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

PostSubject: Re: The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me!   The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:22 pm

I doubt it's a troll. She owns a ton of URLs and all of them host different areas of this site (seriously, berlinermauer.se and berlin-wall.org are both owned by this crazy lady). That costs a fair bit of money. I don't think she'd sink that much cash into it if she didn't believe it.
Back to top Go down
AngryRobotsInc
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
AngryRobotsInc

PostSubject: Re: The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me!   The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:37 pm

Believing objects have souls is not entirely unusual. Animism is a part of many belief systems worldwide.

The rest is pure crazycakes, though.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me!   The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 5:49 pm

I just hope she doesn't find out that the Berlin Wall cheated on her with the Brooklyn Bridge. That will get messy in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me!   The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:23 pm

Mrs. Berlin Wall came up on the orange board, in a discussion about soulbonders and their ilk. Apparently, there are people out there who fall in love with inanimate objects. Think of the guy who's had sex with all those cars and honestly believes they (the cars) 'enjoyed' his attention. I seem to recall there was also a man who'd fallen in love with a chair and insisted on marrying it.

People like this have existed forever. I had an aunt who, back during the cold war era, lined her windows with tin foil so the communists couldn't beam death rays at her, and used to insist on dragging my dad down to the basement every time we visited to show him where the spies were hiding. She was likely suffering from some form of demetia, but since her daughter lived right next door and kept a close eye on her, and she wasn't actually hurting anyone, everyone just kind've shrugged and accepted it.

Now, these people have access to the internet and can spread their delusions far and wide. Most of them are still, I think, basically harmless. They're just more visible.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

PostSubject: Re: The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me!   The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Yeah, I've heard stories about these sorts of people before. I agree - they're just much more visible on the Internet. It's a tad unnerving how much dedication she has to her delusions.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me!   The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:31 pm

It brings a whole new meaning to the song "Tear Me Down" off Hedwig and the Angry Inch!

Back to top Go down
Pierre Gringoire

PostSubject: Re: The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me!   The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me! EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:24 pm

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this loon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me!   The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Berlin Wall is sentient! And it loves me!
Page 1 of 1