Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do?

Go down 
+40
grmblfjx
Carrion Crawler
Seule
Mikey Go WOOGA
Mr.Doobie
the asylum
Jesus.
KelinciHutan
DarthDarthington
KGarrett
Chaltab
Penguin
Melissa
T.S.Orr
Psy-4
Dick Powers
Drabbler
quamp
lemmingwriter
Rabid Badger
Lapin
Miss S
Maximilia
Keith Fraser
Animir
gaijinguy
Root Admin
Ceres
Chris91
Lady Anne
Verandering
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Fitchsticks
ZoZo
unskilled78
Spotts1701
karmyn31
Miss Prince
Mafiosa
theweirdkind
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do?   Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
He means to be as far away from Texas as possibly but still close enough to America to have some of our Awesome rub off on them.

Unlike Ireland. Razz
No, Ireland is rubbing against a country that has owned a quarter of the entire world.

Also, what sort of "Awesome" are we talking about? The transparently corrupt government, the fucked up educational system(which you decided to fuck even further, because LIBRUL BIAS), the insultingly unequal income distribution, the arrogance the U.S. has as a whole, the stupidly high crime rates, the fact that your conservatives are fucking insane, your military is overfunded, your debt is astronomical and will be equal to your GDP in another twenty years, your health system favors the wealthy, or the fact that you're the only first world country without UHC, and now 45000 people die yearly because of it, what?

The U.S. is a fucking joke of a first world country, with enough guns and nukes to qualify as a superpower, that has decided that its job is to police the world.

Well, would you rather our government be corrupt in an opaque manner? Colbert

Also, I have bolded the parts that make us Awesome. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ON A SRS NOTE: If I recall, plenty of European countries ALREADY have debts that equal or exceed their GDP. France and Italy come to mind.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do?   Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 8:39 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Well, you could at least make it illegal, and then have politicians a)pretend to be apologetic, or b)care enough to lie.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ON A SRS NOTE: If I recall, plenty of European countries ALREADY have debts that equal or exceed their GDP. France and Italy come to mind.
I found too much contradicting information to verify that. The CIA says France's debt is double their GDP, but Italy is nowhere to be found there, and various websites put France in 60-70%.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do?   Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:33 pm

the asylum wrote:
Ah, to be Canadian. As far removed as possible from these Texan hackjobs.
I think it's safe to say that I'm closest to the Texan hackjobs.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do?   Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do? - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Psy-4 wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Well, you could at least make it illegal, and then have politicians a)pretend to be apologetic, or b)care enough to lie.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
I found too much contradicting information to verify that. The CIA says France's debt is double their GDP, but Italy is nowhere to be found there, and various websites put France in 60-70%.

They already pretend to be apologetic. Or outraged even. It's all "I DON'T LIKE LOBBYISTS AND SPECIAL INTERESTS AND THEY WILL NOT BE IN MAH ADMINISTRATION!" And we're all like, "That's bullshit and you know it. Get back to work, I'ma grab a beer." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ALSO, the website I found through Google said the Italian debt was 105% of their GDP in 2008. I didn't look up France, but I vaguely remember hearing they were in a similar situation.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do?   Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do? - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 11:37 am

Trioculus wrote:
Chris91 wrote:
TheHermit wrote:
Trioculus wrote:
I swear, it's becoming impossible to parody Christian Fundies anymore, isn't it?

There's a reason Poe's Law exists.

Refresh my memory...I used to know what Poe's Law is but right now I'm drawing a blank.

I can't remember where I got this quote, but here goes:

Quote :

Poe's law is that without a blatant indicator of sarcasm or parody it's impossible to make an online parody of fundamentalism that can't be mistaken for the real thing.

Thanks for the synopsis. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do?   Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seriously, Doesn't the Texas State Senate Have Anything Better to Do?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6