Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN

Go down 
+36
Layla
Nihilist
Sloth
Lurv
ViewSonic
Sparrow
oracle
Hawaiian Shirt
Knorg
Eeveegou
Aggie
Reidmar
EileenK98
Penguin
Chris91
Kakashifan727
Mr.Doobie
bleachedblackcat
spork
Braigwen
grmblfjx
I_Lam_Edhellen
Disco Stu
lemmingwriter
TheIan
Mikey Go WOOGA
Lady Anne
Dixie
Somath Cegem
Reepicheep-chan
the asylum
WD40
rae
SirDixonDongs
Cyberwulf
Maximilia
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 10:58 pm

Finished day one of my department's major conference, and after weeks of being the workhorse, dragging my carcass around with little sleep and no energy, it's finally paying off.

Better: our endowed chair in this field, a guy who does not praise lightly, praised my design skills on the program and thanked me in front of everyone, and at the reception dinner told people in conversation that I was "the hero of the conference."

It feels really, really good to be appreciated. It's been a long-ass time since anyone's thanked me in any sort of sincere acknowledgment of my work.

And I'm getting to meet all the big names on my exam list. They're super-nice people, too--one of them came up and randomly hugged me!

Only a day and a half to go...
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptySat May 11, 2013 11:30 am

Met jujutsu instructor on the town and commiserated with him over the lack of insurance money and how disappointing it is that the lads not only didn't come through with it but also didn't even communicate with the head instructor. I said I didn't want to start over in another discipline and he said I "was coming on right well with it" (jujutsu) and had "a real passion for it" which is always nice to hear from your teacher.
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 11:46 am

My school has service dogs and service dogs in training on the quad to help students with stress.

This includes a 4 lb ball of fluff that I have just spent the last half hour playing "catch the finger" with.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptySat May 18, 2013 5:56 pm

As of about eight o'clock this morning, I have a new niece!

Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Busy day turned into a quiet one. After work, my mom brought me over to a family friend's and I had a meal fit for a king!
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:17 am

And also, this made my day. Excitedplz
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:09 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
As of about eight o'clock this morning, I have a new niece!

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyTue May 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks, Lady Anne! Tried to post a picture, but it didn't work. Just take my word for it, she's cute.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 2:27 am

Got drunk with Kitty fuggin' Pryde. Cool as a cucumber and I'm almost famous by being in her presence rite'? Had a drunken singalong of "hey I just met you/ and this is crazy/ but here's my number/ now give me scabies"
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyThu May 23, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm officiating a wedding tomorrow! This is the second in a month, and the first where I was asked just two days ahead of time. So I'm off to eat dinner and write a script!

(I'm getting paid with Mexican food and a cactus. This whole thing is incredibly random and strange, but in a really good way, and that's par for the course with this particular friend.)
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2013 7:58 pm

BRUINS ARE IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS! WOO HOO! Yeah
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptySat May 25, 2013 9:33 pm

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 309696 Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 309696 Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 309696 Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 309696 Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 309696

Oops, wrong thread. WELL I'M NOT HITTING THE BACKSPACE KEY I'M SAD ABOUT STUFF Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 309696
Back to top Go down
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spork

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2013 3:09 pm

What's the matter?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2013 6:53 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
BRUINS ARE IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE FINALS! WOO HOO! Yeah

spork wrote:
What's the matter?

Colbert

ETA: This is a little late, but I believe that's an inappropriate use of that emoticon. Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 832557
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:08 pm

Okay, so I officiated a wedding (got Mexican food--and food poisoning--but no cactus) Friday night, then stayed up super late drinking beer and bullshitting with the bride and groom and their friends. They're married, my boss (bride's mother) is quite happy, so I'm quite happy.

And I just spent the last two days at the Scottish Festival helping with the pipe band's hospitality tent. We had a great time--the solo performers did a great job, even if the bands as a whole didn't place very high--and I am now +1 kilt, because I felt completely out of place not wearing one. Yay!

The only downside is a sunburn, the lingering food poisoning, and ringing in my ears that sounds like a hundred pipers on repeat. But it was worth it for a weird-ass but fun weekend with people who appreciated my hard work and made me feel like I was part of the group already. It's a really nice feeling.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 1:58 pm

vanity-searched myself on tvtropes for shits 'n' giggles

Little Lion Man is listed under Ace Attorney Fanfic Recs
Back to top Go down
TheIan
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 4:01 pm

I got a buzz-cut!
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 8:55 pm

TheIan wrote:
I got a buzz-cut!
So now instead of looking naturally annoying, you look like you're FLAMING annoying? Colbert Not a good thing if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:29 pm

TheIan wrote:
I got a buzz-cut!

I fail to see what's so great about a boring hairstyle worn mostly by people who don't have much of a choice in the matter, kids with ambitions of being one of those people, and the terminally lazy. Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 203843
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:42 pm

When I was a kid my family got sick of my long, girly locks and forced me to get a buzz cut and ever since then I have always been slightly terrified of anyone who would willingly choose to abuse their hair like that. I looked like a little Neo-Nazi.
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
When I was a kid my family got sick of my long, girly locks and forced me to get a buzz cut and ever since then I have always been slightly terrified of anyone who would willingly choose to abuse their hair like that. I looked like a little Neo-Nazi.

Could have been worse--when they finally gave my brother a buzz cut, the way his ears stuck out made him look like a wingnut.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:53 pm

Penguin wrote:
TheIan wrote:
I got a buzz-cut!

I fail to see what's so great about a boring hairstyle worn mostly by people who don't have much of a choice in the matter, kids with ambitions of being one of those people, and the terminally lazy. Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 203843

Maybe his mom paid for it or something.

I wouldn't turn down a free haircut, as boring as it is

except if it's from Wal-Mart. They always manage to make me look as if Dennis The Menace got assaulted with a hacksaw.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:04 pm

lemmingwriter wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

Could have been worse--when they finally gave my brother a buzz cut, the way his ears stuck out made him look like a wingnut.

Looking goofy is worse than looking like White Power Bob these days?
Back to top Go down
lemmingwriter
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 11:11 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
lemmingwriter wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

Looking goofy is worse than looking like White Power Bob these days?

When you're eight and in elementary school with little assholes who likely grew up to be White Power Bob? Yeah, pretty much.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Penguin wrote:
TheIan wrote:
I got a buzz-cut!

It's cool for summer. (Cool meaning temperature-wise.) When I was in school, we called it a whiffle, and all the boys would get one near the end of the year.

Edit: my good thing? I got my computer back! It had some sort of a worm (how, I don't know), but it's fixed now, and has better antivirus protection than before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN   Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Something Good Happened To Me AGAIN
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next