Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)

Go down 
+13
Chris91
TheHedonist
EileenK98
Mr.Doobie
Hot Cancer
Eeveegou
Cyberwulf
Disco Stu
ZOOLANDER
rachel
Lady Anne
TheIan
spork
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spork

Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) Empty
PostSubject: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:54 am

Quote :
(CNN) -- North Korea on Tuesday served up its latest round of threats against the United States, saying it plans to place military units tasked with targeting U.S. bases under combat ready status.
The Supreme Command of the North Korean military said it "will put on the highest alert all the field artillery units including strategic rocket units and long-range artillery units, which are assigned to strike bases of the U.S. imperialist aggressor troops in the U.S. mainland and on Hawaii and Guam and other operational zone in the Pacific, as well as all the enemy targets in South Korea and its vicinity."

Maybe he's made so many threats already that they're hard to take seriously. In spite of having a very large army and a few nukes, NK can't realistically threaten the U.S. Then again, the tension continues to rise and a war would cause an aweful lot of damage, especially to South Korea. If a war would break out and China would join N.K., shit would get serious, although that currently seems out of the question.

I'd like to share opinions on this. Should we worry? Is Kim Jong Un just a nutcase who should be ignored? Are the U.N. sanctions a good way to bring down the regime, or are they too severe as they isolate the country even more?
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 1:17 pm

I'll be in my vault, hoarding all the Nuka-Cola and bottle caps. Let me know when the bombs have dropped.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 2:10 pm

Kim Jong Un and his late, not-so-lamented father remind me of Internet trolls. They're obnoxious and like to make threats, but they're essentially powerless (I hope).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 4:06 pm

Actually, I suspect the threats are in some part to extort more foreign aid (this kind of bellicose behavior has worked in the past), and in a greater part for internal propaganda (our young glorious leader can protect us because he has nukes! And by the way, just imagine what we can do to you all now if you step a toe out of line).
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 11:13 pm

spork wrote:
Quote :
(CNN) -- North Korea on Tuesday served up its latest round of threats against the United States, saying it plans to place military units tasked with targeting U.S. bases under combat ready status.
The Supreme Command of the North Korean military said it "will put on the highest alert all the field artillery units including strategic rocket units and long-range artillery units, which are assigned to strike bases of the U.S. imperialist aggressor troops in the U.S. mainland and on Hawaii and Guam and other operational zone in the Pacific, as well as all the enemy targets in South Korea and its vicinity."

Maybe he's made so many threats already that they're hard to take seriously. In spite of having a very large army and a few nukes, NK can't realistically threaten the U.S. Then again, the tension continues to rise and a war would cause an aweful lot of damage, especially to South Korea. If a war would break out and China would join N.K., shit would get serious, although that currently seems out of the question.

I'd like to share opinions on this. Should we worry? Is Kim Jong Un just a nutcase who should be ignored? Are the U.N. sanctions a good way to bring down the regime, or are they too severe as they isolate the country even more?

Actually, things haven't been so hot between China and the DPRK lately. After the Taepodong tests, the sinking of the ROK vessel Cheoneun and the artillery strike on Yanpyeongdo, China basically said "OK, guys, that's enough." Kimmy ignored them and that hurt the alliance badly. UN sanctions don't really work, since the cult of personality surrounding the Kims and the constant stream of propaganda generated by the government ensures that any kind of friction between theirs and other countries is handwaved away. The most egregious example of this is food and materiel aid being depicted to the masses as fearful tribute rather than the series of handouts that it really is. The Korean Friendship Association (basically North Korea's fan club made up of foreigners who actually support the Juche Idea) is an active participant in the dissemination of pro-DPRK propaganda, organizing marches in Pyongyang in support of reunification.

However, I would like to see the US and North Korea go at it, if only to teach the US a hard lesson about reaping what you sow. (Not that either side is ever likely to learn anything, but one can hope...)
Back to top Go down
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spork

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 5:07 am

Lady Ann - I had to think of that too. Internet tough guy.

xerrofoot wrote:
UN sanctions don't really work, since the cult of personality surrounding the Kims and the constant stream of propaganda generated by the government ensures that any kind of friction between theirs and other countries is handwaved away.
I agree, and the sanctions also put Kim under pressure to act. But then again, if the U.N. doesn't carry out the threats they make, everyone can ignore them. Difficult.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:38 am

Aw, he makes such a cute lesbian though.
Back to top Go down
spork
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spork

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:37 am

Especially when he's looking at things. Like his dad before him.

Can't beat that hairdo.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 12:59 am

*snerk*

The Kim Dynasty: Amusing the world unintentionally since 1994.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 7:33 am

Sickipedia's gotten into the spirit:

I don't think Kim Jong-Un is the problem. I'm worried about his military advisors Kil Yan Kee, Noo Kem, Chu Tem and Wi Kan Win.

North Korean Football fans have been heard practicing their chants for if they make it to the World Cup:- "We'll Nuke, We'll Score, We'll eat your Labrador - North Korea, North Korea"

I hope North Korea do decide to launch a nuclear attack...

...because there's fuck all else worth watching on telly this weekend.

There has been some confusion on which Kim died, let me clarify, the one that died (Jong-Il) was a dictator, the one that's still alive (Kardashian) is a dicktaker

Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 11:08 am

jesus fuck clopper you really are a waste of valuable oxygen aren't you
Back to top Go down
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Eeveegou

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 3:17 pm

spork wrote:
Especially when he's looking at things. Like his dad before him.

Can't beat that hairdo.

Haha! I was just wondering if that had happened yet.
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySat Apr 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
jesus fuck clopper you really are a waste of valuable oxygen aren't you

No, actually, I'm not.

I give my time to charity and public service. What are you doing that's so fucking great, huh?
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:08 am

xerrohoof wrote:

I give my time to charity and public service.
With your two herniated discs, your depression, and whatever else entitles you to disability and renders you unable to work?

Quote :
What are you doing that's so fucking great, huh?
Oh, is this the part where I make up all kinds of stuff about volunteering with the Red Cross and going into the Peace Corps and a whole bunch of other shit that's impossible to verify?

But since you asked, and didn't use any gendered slurs, I work forty hours a week and pay taxes so that people on disability who can't work can get benefits and don't have to starve to death in the street. Say thank you.
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 10:15 am

Cyberwulf wrote:
xerrohoof wrote:

With your two herniated discs, your depression, and whatever else entitles you to disability and renders you unable to work?

It's only mild stuff, like feeding rags into a cutting machine. Centrelink knows I do it and they actually encourage me to do it as part of a government initiative to get the disabled out and about more. Seriously, I have to go see them every three months and tell Comrade Welfare Bureaucrat what I'm doing with my life.

Yes, they know I'm running for Parliament, too. Also encouraged.

Quote :
Quote :
What are you doing that's so fucking great, huh?
Oh, is this the part where I make up all kinds of stuff about volunteering with the Red Cross and going into the Peace Corps and a whole bunch of other shit that's impossible to verify?

But since you asked, and didn't use any gendered slurs, I work forty hours a week and pay taxes so that people on disability who can't work can get benefits and don't have to starve to death in the street. Say thank you.

I'm sorry, I'm too busy giggling at the thought of you, you of all people, serving in the Peace Corps.

Also, if you think I'm making my charity work up, I'm more than happy to prove otherwise.

OK, THIS IS THE LAST EDIT, I SWEAR: We're getting away from the point, though; the point is I'm not a waste of oxygen, you have your way of contributing to society and I have mine. DEAL WITH IT.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 1:03 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
I'm not a waste of oxygen

Don't lie.

Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Cloppy are you making up fantasies that you are a useful and productive human being that is loved and appreciated, again?
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 2:35 pm

Is Clopper the Kim Jong Un of WGW? Discuss.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 3:08 pm

xerrohoof wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:
xerrohoof wrote:

It's only mild stuff, like feeding rags into a cutting machine.
And you can't get a job doing that?

Quote :
I'm sorry, I'm too busy giggling at the thought of you, you of all people, serving in the Peace Corps.
You got the part where I was MAKING THAT UP, yes?

Quote :
Also, if you think I'm making my charity work up, I'm more than happy to prove otherwise.
Oh, please do, Clopper. Maybe you could post your real name and address while you're at it. And your social security number.

Quote :
the point is I'm not a waste of oxygen
you are a waste of oxygen because you bumped a thread to copypaste shitty jokes from an unfunny ED ripoff, you fucking waste of oxygen
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 3:35 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
omg guys what if clopper is actually kim jong un

think about it

the unwarranted of self-importance

the iffy grasp of english syntax

the herniated discs

the general pear shape

it all makes sense
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 4:03 pm

EileenK98 wrote:

That's giving xerrobrains too much credit. Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) 961878 Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) 896582
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:01 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
I work forty hours a week and pay taxes so that people on disability who can't work can get benefits and don't have to starve to death in the street. Say thank you.

Why do we argue? You're clearly a conservative, judging by this sentence. Colbert

Join me, and we could rule the galaxy as Brit and Hairball. Excitedplz

Clopper wrote:
It's only mild stuff, like feeding rags into a cutting machine. Centrelink knows I do it and they actually encourage me to do it as part of a government initiative to get the disabled out and about more. Seriously, I have to go see them every three months and tell Comrade Welfare Bureaucrat what I'm doing with my life.

"Well my good man, what I've been doing with my life is shitposting on a backwater forum while I'm not furiously masturbating to a cartoon ponies."

But seriously, how long ago did you herniate discs? I knew a girl on the golf team (quite possibly the coolest female on Earth in America) who herniated a disc trying to lay up on a par 5. She was playing golf a little over a year later.

Granted, she lives in a country where the healthcare system isn't a total clusterfuck micromanaged by government morons that can barely even spell "doctor." Well, she did back then, at any rate, this was before Obamacare.

Clopper wrote:
Yes, they know I'm running for Parliament, too. Also encouraged.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What in the fuck? Did you feel that you weren't wasting enough of the government's money and that you should get a salary?

Better hope the voters don't realize you're a fat, useless, pathetic shell of a human being that furiously masturbates to cartoon ponies.

Clopper wrote:
We're getting away from the point, though; the point is I'm not a waste of oxygen, you have your way of contributing to society and I have mine. DEAL WITH IT.

She provides a service of some sort that someone finds valuable, thereby satisfying the wants and needs of whoever is paying her. After that, the government jacks half her paycheck and gives it to losers who furiously masturbate to cartoon ponies, like you.

You furiously masturbate to cartoon ponies and feed "rags into a cutting machine" for free, something that would probably be better done by a conveyor belt.

Cyberwulf wrote:
you are a waste of oxygen because you bumped a thread to copypaste shitty jokes from an unfunny ED ripoff, you fucking waste of oxygen

C'mon now. That joke about Kim Kardashian was funny.

Chrissy wrote:
That's giving xerrobrains too much credit.

That is the first nickname you've ever come up with that is actually funny, amusing, or witty. Congratulations. Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) 831506
Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Hot Cancer wrote:
xerrofoot wrote:

Don't lie.

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Cloppy are you making up fantasies that you are a useful and productive human being that is loved and appreciated, again?

EileenK98 wrote:

ENOUGH.

Stop fucking dumping on me, you assholes.

Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:32 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
ENOUGH.
wow it sure is unpleasant when people do things to you that you told them not to huh?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) EmptySun Apr 07, 2013 9:41 pm

xerrofoot wrote:
Hot Cancer wrote:
xerrofoot wrote:

Don't lie.

Mr.Doobie wrote:

EileenK98 wrote:

ENOUGH.

Stop fucking dumping on me, you assholes.

>Not quoting Mikey
Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) 309696

And stop being so dump on-able, you autist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)   Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US) Empty

Back to top Go down

Kim Jong Un makes another threat at S.K. (and the US)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next