Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album

Go down 
+4
Reepicheep-chan
Mikey Go WOOGA
Lady Anne
Mr.Doobie
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album Empty
PostSubject: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Following in the footsteps of Nikki Sixx, Teen Mom's Farrah Abraham has recorded an album to help narrate her trainwreck life. One-upping Nikki Sixx (whose Heroin Diaries album was forgettable, at best) Miss Abraham has made a train wreck of an album to match.

Sauce

No, I have not listened to it yet. I'm switching internet providers and I won't have private net until Friday, so any time I'm on here I'm using some form of public wifi, and I don't own headphones and I don't want to get mean looks that make me feel awkward. So I can't really comment on the state of the album, but from what I've heard it's arrhythmic, atonal, and alyrical. It's a hideously autotuned set of high school diary entries set to electronic putterings and whether or not it even counts as music is up for interpretation.

The fascinating thing is, a few critics seem to really like it, labeling it an unintentional avant-garde masterpiece. Now I actually really want to listen to it.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm still skeptical. This could simply be a case of a bunch of people thinking, "well it's really bad so obviously it must be Dada/postmodern/indie/avant/kvlt/whatever". Either that or the weirdest case of payola I've ever seen, where the critics couldn't feasibly think of anything else good to say about this album so just decided to spin some "so bad it's art" canard. But they're comparing it to electronic musicians like Salem or Peaches that I love, and.... oh god I can't resist that kind of name dropping. Or maybe they're being sarcastic and I'm just failing at joke comprehension in which case I'm pretty disappointed because I would love to hear an electro-noise slice of brilliance accidentally crapped out by some trashy reality star I've never heard of before.

Whether or not I like it, critics liking an atrocious album by a Teen Mom starlet seems like something that only could have happened in 2013, where comedians like Tim and Eric and Neil Hamburger are paying their bills by intentionally mimicking unintentional comedy.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 6:33 pm

It's bad...she can't sing, even with autotune.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:06 pm

Jesus Christ

It's like some ridiculous bastardization of the Tron Legacy soundtrack with GLaDOS on the vocals. I honestly can't ever remember hearing something so objectively horrible. I owe Avril Lavigne and Bruno Mars an apology for saying that Girlfriend and The Lazy Song are among the worst things I have ever heard.

Like Wayne Gretzky, except exactly opposite, this stands in a class of its own.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:36 pm

Ok wow that is a lot of autotune. It sounds like a robot going through puberty.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 8:04 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Ok wow that is a lot of autotune. It sounds like a robot going through puberty.
LOL! Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:17 am

Relevant
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 pm

I'll admit I had to look this woman up (I don't have cable-so sue me). I do, however, remember seeing some episodes of 16 and Pregnant at my son's house, and I never quite grasped it. I know the point was supposed to be to make young girls think about what becoming a mother when you're that young was really like, but it played so much like a bad soap opera, I always wondered if anyone did a follow-up to see if the message actually made it through. Or did it just cause 16-year-old girls to squee "OMG, she's got a baby of her own and it is so cute-I want to have a baby of my own!"
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:25 pm

I compared this to Rebecca Black's song Friday. It makes Black sound like a musical genius in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:35 pm

Rebecca Black is an awesome 13 year old for taking all that shit people said about her and not taking it seriously and we know youtube commenters are mean as fuck

I mean her music wasn't that grea and her video was terrible but I bet she had fun doing it

Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Friday fell firmly in the so-bad-its-good zone. I would be proud as balls if I made something half as funny.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:58 pm

I have no clue what you guys are talking about. Thanks to the magic of ~*friends with internet*~ I listened to the album and Farrah Abraham must be some kind of noise music idiot-savant. If this album would have been made by some duo called Viva le' William Burroughs Discotheque it would only have been reviewed by 2 blogs and they would've given this album 3/5.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:34 pm

I listened to a Vocaloid programme for a minute just to compare her to something that actually isn't a human.

Guess which sounded more artifical?

Hint: Not the Vocaloid.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:37 pm

GLaDOS x Rain Man = I can dig it.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:52 pm

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
Friday fell firmly in the so-bad-its-good zone. I would be proud as balls if I made something half as funny.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album   Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album Empty

Back to top Go down

Reality TV C-Lister Makes an Album
Page 1 of 1