Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"

Go down 
+5
Chris91
Lady Anne
Mikey Go WOOGA
Reepicheep-chan
Mr.Doobie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" Empty
PostSubject: Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"   Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 9:38 pm

So yeah... Attack Attack.

Last time we left our heroes was a couple years ago at Warped Tour when the entire world of music perked up their ears for a second, looked at them, and said "huh, that's pretty awful" and no one ever gave them a second thought.

So imagine my surprise when I saw their name pop up again when this found its way into my Facebook messages.

What kind of person stakes their artistic credibility behind a band that does things like this?

This guy...
Quote :

To clear things up in a very cliche manner, Andrew Whiting, Andrew Wetzel, and Caleb Shomo have been and will always be some of my best friends. The reason I decided to leave had only been lingering in my head for the past 6 or so months. If only I had a way to state this reason but it simply is more than just a resolved answer because what is relevant with why I left, concerns the past 2 of the 5 years we have toured as a band. For those who've read this far, you now know I've left, and to the readers who would like to hear what has almost ended and could have taken any relationship I could ever imagined with my friends, family, and especially... myself.

... uh-huh.

Keep in mind we never really get to learn what this internal fantastic journey of existential crisis entailed. Or, at least, I don't think we do. Just when you find yourself asking questions like "huh?", "what?", this internet break-up announcement ends abruptly.
Quote :

I, today, for once have reviewed my life in my head in a positive way. I really do mean that. I say that, because what I learned was wrong growing up as a kid, I slowly, so slowly over the years of touring began to think was right. I'm not intending to skew being in a band or touring or anything involving music. I am admitting, and fully embarrassing myself in front of you all because I hope one day, at least one of you will reconsider ever taking what your parents granted you the opportunity with, which is the ability to live.

Uh... is he talking about being suicidal?

Quote :
I today, am admitting that I am was/were/have been/am clinically depressed.

I like how he includes "am" twice along with "was", "were", and "have been".

Quote :
Why such a confusing statement?

Iunno. Probably because you dropped out of the first grade or something.

Quote :
Because my book doesn't end at the first chapter.

Ok, I actually see people say stuff like this every now and then, and this just doesn't make much of any sense to me. What book does end at the first chapter?

Quote :
I hate to make this public but I come from a split family.

You do know that if your parents are divorced it's already public, right? Like... they keep records of that shit.

It's ok, man. 90% of marriages end with people deciding they really didn't like each other that much in the first place. Or something.

Quote :
For months now I've thought that I was homosexual.

Shit just got real real.

Quote :
Ill reiterate, train your brain to focus on what you know is right, and not what is and or has surrounded you.

Training it to be able to form coherent thoughts replicated in words is fr fgs.

Quote :
I wish you could feel my heart beating right now...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
Since you kept reading, and by now have your attention, I feel comfortable to tell you guys this, Stop cursing.

Think about it, as simple as saying "f*ck that band" will skew the relevance of instead saying "eh, I don't really like them."

Or if you say dude that's gay, You could just not say gay at all and grow up and say something much more positive... This list could go on...

That's deep, brah.
Quote :

f you can't sleep at night, consider your thoughts by the end of the week while your conscience is talking to you before you goto bed, and wake up to the next day intending on being comfortable in a comfortable supportive environment. Your family is what I recommend.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
Do not be defeated, instead try what seems to hurt you in order to make what you know is right. Sacrifice...Whether it's friends...Items, imaginary people...

If you don't want to sacrifice your real friends just make up imaginary ones to sacrifice. They'll probably even take a bullet for you.

Quote :
End of chapter 1

You are what you think. Also im not homosexual

PS: I'm not ghey lol
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"   Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Wat.

Quote :
Think about it, as simple as saying "f*ck that band" will skew the relevance of instead saying "eh, I don't really like them."
OK so using strong words will make less strong words seem less strong? Is that what this is?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"   Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:46 pm

Somebody is clearly on drugs. Somebody is clearly on a LOT of drugs.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"   Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:30 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Ok, I actually see people say stuff like this every now and then, and this just doesn't make much of any sense to me. What book does end at the first chapter?
One written on a sugar/drug high. Then the author either goes, "I am a genius!" or "What was I thinking?" Everyone who reads the book goes Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" 57786

It'll be interesting to see if he wants a second chapter once he sobers up, 'cause this whole rant sounds like he was enjoying some pretty potent stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"   Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:06 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Somebody is clearly on drugs. Somebody is clearly on a LOT of drugs.

Or else they're drunk as hell. Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" 611762
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"   Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:47 am

That's one of the most confusing things I've ever read. I'm sure many a person has listened to Attack Attack! and said "Lol so gei!", but somehow I don't think that's his angle. Is he trying to imply that the band's "style" made him think he was gay? Or did he just become so depressed and detached from his roots/reality whilst touring that he started to have sexual identity issues. The latter's not really something I'd poke fun at, even with a band as uncontrollably shit as Attack Attack!

Or maybe he just is high as a kite.

Oh well, nothing of value has been lost.
Back to top Go down
saja

saja

PostSubject: Re: Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"   Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 3:02 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Quote :
End of chapter 1
You are what you think. Also im not homosexual

PS: I'm not ghey lol
After repeated reading, I got the impression that he was trying to say, "Making myself believe I was straight made all evul bi curious fantasies go away and worked wonders for my sanity! If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, do as I did."

I could be wrong, though. Besides, it's not like he's anyone's role model. Or is he? Shocked

Lady Anne wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:
One written on a sugar/drug high. Then the author either goes, "I am a genius!" or "What was I thinking?" Everyone who reads the book goes Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" 57786

It'll be interesting to see if he wants a second chapter once he sobers up, 'cause this whole rant sounds like he was enjoying some pretty potent stuff.

Wouldn’t he have sobered up by now? His statement was posted two months ago.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"   Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 10:35 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

Wouldn’t he have sobered up by now? His statement was posted two months ago.[/quote]
Like I said, potent stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"   Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:34 pm

I don't know anything about the band that he played for but given the state of "rock" today I'd probably feel pretty gay in his band too.
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"   Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:56 am

V3N0M wrote:
I don't know anything about the band that he played for but I desperately want to seem relevant around here so I'll post anyway.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"   Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Hot Cancer wrote:
V3N0M wrote:
I don't know anything about the band that he played for but I desperately want to seem relevant around here so I'll post anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"   Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay" Empty

Back to top Go down

Bassist: "I left the band because it was making me feel gay"
Page 1 of 1