Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children

Go down 
+36
Root Admin
KelinciHutan
VB
myeerah
Verandering
Seule
eugenetapdance
SirDixonDongs
DeeDee
AngryRobotsInc
Miss Prince
Snoof
Melissa
Ceres
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Sheba
Lexin
Chris91
SokMunkie
rae
grmblfjx
szaleniec
Keith Fraser
Malganis
Maximilia
Lapin
Morinen
ZoZo
Mafiosa
Cyberwulf
Salamas
Sloth
Knorg
gaijinguy
anangrychocobo
DarthDarthington
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 5:00 am

Miss Prince wrote:

Lefties represent! I surely can't be the only one here...?
*left-handed wave*

Grumbles, your post about that horrid teacher reminded me of my first teacher. She never forced me to write right-handed but constantly went on about how abnormal it was. My mum almost cried when she saw me struggling to use my right hand. Especially as I was such a malcoordinated child that using my left hand was bad enough.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:39 am

Melissa wrote:
The thing about getting surgery/hormone treatment is the fact that it's permanent. You have to be absolutely, positively, 110% sure that this is what you want for yourself. There's a reason we don't let minors get tattoos or get married, and those aren't as permanent as gender reassignment.
I would suggest therapy for an adult considering this. Not to be talked out of it, just to make sure this is really the path they want to take.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE Melissa can we just make a deal that you keep your miserable trap shut when we're talking about children? You have never managed to say anything about children that didn't come across as completely clueless at best and horribly ignorant at worst.

Stop comparing being transgendered to wanting a tattoo. It's not like "Mommy, I want a dog, I will take good care of it, I swear" and then lose interest in the dog after a month. That's incredibly ignorant and rude towards transgendered people, do you realize that? Being forced to live as something you aren't is in no way like not getting that Twilight tattoo. It's not about what you want, it's about what you are. Your logic is the same as telling a homosexual teenager s/he should date people of the opposite sex for now and talk to a psychiatrist as an adult to see if that's what they really want.

NOBODY will come out to everybody, their classmates, their friends, especially as a teenager, unless they are absolutly 110% certain they are stuck in the wrong body. Are you aware how hard that is? Nobody will do it on a whim.

Please do my blood pressure a favor and just shut the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:36 pm

DeeDee wrote:
For as long as I can remember, I've liked being androgynous to varying extents. When I was six, I liked to pretend I was a boy, and thought it was great that I could go shirtless since I hadn't grown breasts yet. I like to wear men's clothes. I hate the thought of having feminine hair. I'm unhappy with the size of my breasts, and if I could have any power in the world, I would probably choose to be able to switch my sex at will.

But I have always felt pretty much okay in my femininity. I wouldn't be too sad to see my breasts go, I don't think, but I don't really mind their presence. I'm not that upset when people call my ma'am. Sometimes, I like being a woman.

So, yes, I am very aware of my gender identity.
Androgynous, interesting word.
I'm not feminine, I have traditionally male interests (gadgets, action movies), can't stand "girly" things and can't cope with wearing a skirt because they're not practical enough and I can't sit right in them. I don't particularly want a male body though, as long as I can do my own heavy lifting and beat the crap out of someone if necessary then I'm quite happy to also have breasts and a vagina, on the other hand if I had been born in a male body - that would have been fine by me too. scratch
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 5:23 pm

VB wrote:
myeerah wrote:
as I've already done with my mother-in-law who has tried to keep him from using his left hand.

What? Why?

She claims that it's because left-handed people have a harder time in life and that she's just trying to teach him to be ambidextrous. I called bullshit and told her if she wants to see him, she'll let him be what he is. As my grandmother would have been a leftie if she hadn't had it beaten out of her as a child, and two of my siblings are left-handed, I know that she's misguided, at best.

I've had to do some work with him since then, as he keeps trying to eat with his right hand and is terribly clumsy at it. It doesn't help that both my husband and I are right-handed and can't show him by example that it's okay to use your left. Dry
Back to top Go down
eugenetapdance

eugenetapdance

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 10:27 am

grmblfjx wrote:
Melissa wrote:
The thing about getting surgery/hormone treatment is the fact that it's permanent. You have to be absolutely, positively, 110% sure that this is what you want for yourself. There's a reason we don't let minors get tattoos or get married, and those aren't as permanent as gender reassignment.
I would suggest therapy for an adult considering this. Not to be talked out of it, just to make sure this is really the path they want to take.

FOR FUCK'S SAKE Melissa can we just make a deal that you keep your miserable trap shut when we're talking about children? You have never managed to say anything about children that didn't come across as completely clueless at best and horribly ignorant at worst.

Stop comparing being transgendered to wanting a tattoo. It's not like "Mommy, I want a dog, I will take good care of it, I swear" and then lose interest in the dog after a month. That's incredibly ignorant and rude towards transgendered people, do you realize that? Being forced to live as something you aren't is in no way like not getting that Twilight tattoo. It's not about what you want, it's about what you are. Your logic is the same as telling a homosexual teenager s/he should date people of the opposite sex for now and talk to a psychiatrist as an adult to see if that's what they really want.

NOBODY will come out to everybody, their classmates, their friends, especially as a teenager, unless they are absolutly 110% certain they are stuck in the wrong body. Are you aware how hard that is? Nobody will do it on a whim.

Please do my blood pressure a favor and just shut the fuck up.

Grumbles? Can I be your boyfriend?
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:02 pm

eugenetapdance wrote:
All things considered, I'm pretty sure the queue to join Grimbles' harem stretches around the block at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 12:40 pm

I've got a story. One of my college friends had parents with the mindset that started this thread. Her dad tried to beat her back into a boy, and her older brother helped. Her mother didn't do anything about it. She dealt with it by wearing gender-neutral clothes and living as a girl online. She does a lot of RPGs that let her make female characters for herself. I wouldn't know about the abuse if she hadn't gotten drunk one night and let it slip. Now she has no relationship with her dad or brother, and only sees her mom a few times a year.

She really wishes that she'd gone on hormone blockers when she was younger, because now she's over six feet tall, got broad shoulders, and huge feet. There's nothing feminine about her appearance. She feels intensely uncomfortable going to stores and shopping for clothes, so I sew dresses for her.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 1:09 pm

eugenetapdance wrote:

Blush

:flirty:

Delcat wrote:
eugenetapdance wrote:
All things considered, I'm pretty sure the queue to join Grimbles' harem stretches around the block at this point.
OH YOU GUYS

HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FIT ALL THIS IN MY SIG
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 2:26 pm

You will have to make choices, dear Grumbleywumbley.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 5:01 pm

NEVER! I SHALL MAKE A GIF!
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2009 11:17 pm

OH MY GOD I'M IN GRIMBLES' SIG! SO FUCKING HAWT UNF UNF UNF
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Nightboomfer

Nightboomfer

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:05 am

I'm gender-fluid or bigender, or if you'd prefer, a Trap. I identify as both male and female, but not at the same time. I'm usually male, though. I'd seriously reccomend that anyone who has questions about gender issues read Conundrum by Jan (Nee James) Morris. Yes, it is possible to correctly identify your gender in your early years.

On a slightly different note, I could never come out to my parents. Being bisexual was hard enough. My mom told me I was going through "a phase" and when I tried to make it clear that this was who I was, she ended up hitting me. I'm still scared to death of anything like that happening. To think that these assholes would advocate child abuse of any sort makes me ill. This isn't just some frat-douche talking to his buddies, these are radio personalities who have an active audience... I'm guessing most of these people wouldn't actively think to harm transpeople or abuse children, but suddenly it's ok when some moron tells them to.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:46 am

Nightboomfer wrote:
My mom told me I was going through "a phase" and when I tried to make it clear that this was who I was, she ended up hitting me. I'm still scared to death of anything like that happening.

Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 309696 Crying or Very sad Are you still living with your parents? If you are, and if you can do so, I'd recommend that you move out ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Nightboomfer

Nightboomfer

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:57 am

Don't worry, I've already moved out, but for my own mother to not accept who I am... it still hurts.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Nightboomfer wrote:
I'm gender-fluid or bigender, or if you'd prefer, a Trap. I identify as both male and female, but not at the same time. I'm usually male, though.
Bigendered here (I officially identify as bigender-androgyne; I feel they're two sides of the same coin anyway), does this mean we now have a club? :p

Also, I identify as mostly male, too. Sweet coincidence.
Okay, backing off your bum now, sorry about that. Razz

(Though, for future reference, do you have any preferred pronouns?)

Nightboomfer wrote:
I'd seriously reccomend that anyone who has questions about gender issues read Conundrum by Jan (Nee James) Morris.
I'll have a look at it. I'm currently reading Gender Outlaws by Kate Bornstein, which has been a really good read, and was a lot more genderqueer than I actually expected considering the time period it was written in. I also ordered GenderQueer: Voices from Beyond the Sexual Binary by Joan Nestle, which I'm hoping is a good read, because the library didn't have it. I'd prefer borrowing it to buying it, but it was only $5 anyway.

Nightboomfer wrote:
On a slightly different note, I could never come out to my parents. Being bisexual was hard enough. My mom told me I was going through "a phase" and when I tried to make it clear that this was who I was, she ended up hitting me. I'm still scared to death of anything like that happening. To think that these assholes would advocate child abuse of any sort makes me ill. This isn't just some frat-douche talking to his buddies, these are radio personalities who have an active audience... I'm guessing most of these people wouldn't actively think to harm transpeople or abuse children, but suddenly it's ok when some moron tells them to.
Ugh. I'm so sorry you had to endure that.
I didn't come around to gender and sexuality identification issues until I was well out of my mother's presence. She's already abusive and co-dependent, so it makes sense I'd be realising these things a few years after. Shaking off the enmeshment has not been easy.

I don't have contact with her, thankfully. I can only imagine what would happen if I tried to tell her anything about my identity. I did tell my dad, which went over well, and I'm in the process of getting my grandmother to awareness via the inside out; relating my experiences and feelings without actively sitting down and throwing scary labels at her. She's catholic and politically conservative, but made of win; it's been going well.

Advocating the violence against a group of humans is already scary. To be a part of that group people are advocating again is absolutely terrifying. When children are involved? It's disgusting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children   Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shock Jocks advocate the abuse of transgendered children
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4