Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother

Go down 
+11
grmblfjx
TheHedonist
Khajidu
Mikey Go WOOGA
rachel
the asylum
EileenK98
bleachedblackcat
SirDixonDongs
Reidmar
Lady Anne
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother Empty
PostSubject: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 8:26 am

Link

Quote :
Republican Congressman Joe Walsh of Illinois said after his Thursday debate against Democratic rival Tammy Duckworth that abortions are never necessary to save a pregnant woman's life, because modern technology has eliminated the risks of childbearing.
So...pregnant women never suffer from preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, dangerously high blood pressure, etc. anymore, because modern technology has eliminated those problems? Hmm...I guess someone forgot to inform the teenage girl at my school who had to undergo an emergency abortion at five months because of severe preeclampsia.

Quote :
Walsh was defending his position that abortion should be outlawed with no exceptions, which is also the Republican Party's official stance on the issue.
Another excellent reason not to vote Republican.

Quote :
"With modern technology and science, you can't find one instance" of a pregnant woman's life being at risk, he told reporters after the debate.
That's because he's unfamiliar with the concept of research. Google, meet Joe Walsh. Joe Walsh, meet Google.

Quote :
Walsh, a freshman Congressman, is seen as "likely" to lose his seat to Duckworth, a veteran of the Iraq War, in part because his redrawn district now includes more Democrats than when he ran two years ago.
Let's hope he does, because this much stupid shouldn't be allowed to breed, let alone lead.

Quote :
According to The Chicago Daily Herald's Kerry Lester, Walsh said in a press conference Friday that he believes ectopic pregnancies can result in death, but did not take questions about whether he would make abortion exceptions in those cases.
Can result in death? Does this guy actually know what ectopic pregnancy is, or that it never produces a live baby, but if untreated is extremely likely to produce a dead woman?

How in the hell do these idiots get elected?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 9:26 am

Lady Anne wrote:
Well anne, it's not the number of brain cells they have, it's what you say to the masses.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:26 am

i wonder how long it'll be before theyre advocating for people to go back to the whole concept of humors ruling the body

i suffer from an excess of bile and vitriol Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother 309696(((( i need donations of blood and phlegm ok heres my chipin
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:49 am

Yeah, it's not like there was a big news thing last year about how the United States has one if the biggest rates of childbirth death in first world countries or anything.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:08 pm

Maybe women should just nail their legs shut. That'd solve the problem. [/sarcasm]
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:05 pm

I really do wonder if there are any sane republicans left these days
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:37 pm

the asylum wrote:
I really do wonder if there are any sane republicans left these days
There are, but they tend to get drowned out by the teabaggers.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Lady Anne wrote:

Let's hope he does, because this much stupid shouldn't be allowed to breed, let alone lead.

Alas, Joe "Deadbeat Dad" Walsh has already bred. Too bad his ex didn't decide to leave his ass before that happened, but oh well. Last time I heard from him, he was complaining that his opponent was a "political insider" because she was seen picking out the dress she was going to wear at the Democratic National Convention in Denver. Before that he was pissing and moaning because she talked about her military experience. I suppose he thinks it unfair that the public should know that the man who did his damnedest to shirk his obligation to support his child was up against a woman who lost her legs while serving her country.

Also, too: Joe Walsh is a misogynist poopyhead.
Back to top Go down
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 8:59 pm

republicans being petty and diversionary

what else is new
Back to top Go down
bleachedblackcat
bleachedblackcat

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:30 pm

the asylum wrote:
republicans Politicians being petty and diversionary

what else is new

I'm already tired of the election, does anyone have a time travel device I can use?

Edit: How bad was the other person running for office last time? Did they kill and eat babies on the stage?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:38 pm

the asylum wrote:
republicans being petty and diversionary

what else is new

>Dead ambassador
>Al Qaeda running amok over our embassies
>Economy still dead
>Obamacare killing both medicine AND the economy
>Selling guns to Mexican drug dealers so they can shoot our own border agents
>You people bitching about something a congressman says about an irrelevant issue
>Calling others petty and diversionary

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My sides have left the building.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 11:45 pm

rachel wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

Alas, Joe "Deadbeat Dad" Walsh has already bred. Too bad his ex didn't decide to leave his ass before that happened, but oh well. Last time I heard from him, he was complaining that his opponent was a "political insider" because she was seen picking out the dress she was going to wear at the Democratic National Convention in Denver. Before that he was pissing and moaning because she talked about her military experience. I suppose he thinks it unfair that the public should know that the man who did his damnedest to shirk his obligation to support his child was up against a woman who lost her legs while serving her country.

Also, too: Joe Walsh is a misogynist poopyhead.
Joe Walsh reminds me of a fanbrat--does not do the research, bullies anyone who disagrees with him, and baws when he doesn't get his way.
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

Location : on a tall ship far away from the bullshit, on the port side of course

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:02 am

*conveniently has the right avatar for this whole fuckery*
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 1:07 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Obamacare killing both medicine AND the economy

Actually, at the moment we're in less debt than we were when Obama entered office. You know, that massive debt we accrued during the Bush years? It's starting to go away with a Democrat in office. Jesus fucking Christ I don't know how Republicans manage to be dumb enough to convince themselves that they're the budget hawks when we had a several-billion dollar surplus under Clinton and Bush fucked it straight to hell. Now it's started to get better but NO 'BAMA IS BAD FOR STOCK MARKET Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother 309696 Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother 309696 Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother 309696

Seriously though. Cry me a fucking river. The US's health care hasn't been top tier for a decade now. I know you were taught in middle school that AMURRKA IZ DA BEST FUCKYEAAAAH but that (I think, though I could be wrong) was during either the Clinton administration or the first round of Bush years. It was a different time.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
You people bitching about something a congressman says about an irrelevant issue

HAHAHAHA yes because it's not an issue at all when a public representative shows that not only does he not know what the fuck he's talking about he's willing to defend his ignorance to the last. THIS IS THE FACE OF A REAL AMERICAN HERO.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Selling guns to Mexican drug dealers so they can shoot our own border agents

This might be the one salient point you make but it's buried under such a pile of 'DON'T WORRY ABOUT THIS ISSUE, THIS ONE IS MORE IMPORTANT GOD WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU' that I can't tell.

PS stop greenquoting this isn't fucking 4chan god it's like when people use hashtags on facebook just wtf man wtf
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 1:20 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
PS stop greenquoting this isn't fucking 4chan god it's like when people use hashtags on facebook just wtf man wtf
#upsetwithhashtags
#firstworldproblems
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 2:04 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
>You people bitching about something a congressman says about an irrelevant issue

I know it might be hard to wrap your pretty little head around this, but people can care about, and follow, several issues at once. They are capable of thinking about Al-Quaeda and politicians who spread harmful myths about half of the population.

Also fuck you for trivializing this.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 7:51 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Actually, at the moment we're in less debt than we were when Obama entered office. You know, that massive debt we accrued during the Bush years? It's starting to go away with a Democrat in office. Jesus fucking Christ I don't know how Republicans manage to be dumb enough to convince themselves that they're the budget hawks when we had a several-billion dollar surplus under Clinton and Bush fucked it straight to hell. Now it's started to get better but NO 'BAMA IS BAD FOR STOCK MARKET Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother 309696 Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother 309696 Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother 309696

Seriously though. Cry me a fucking river. The US's health care hasn't been top tier for a decade now. I know you were taught in middle school that AMURRKA IZ DA BEST FUCKYEAAAAH but that (I think, though I could be wrong) was during either the Clinton administration or the first round of Bush years. It was a different time.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
You people bitching about something a congressman says about an irrelevant issue

HAHAHAHA yes because it's not an issue at all when a public representative shows that not only does he not know what the fuck he's talking about he's willing to defend his ignorance to the last. THIS IS THE FACE OF A REAL AMERICAN HERO.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

This might be the one salient point you make but it's buried under such a pile of 'DON'T WORRY ABOUT THIS ISSUE, THIS ONE IS MORE IMPORTANT GOD WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU' that I can't tell.

1.) We were not $15 trillion in debt when Obama took office. Even if we factor in the TARP under Bush, which really didn't hit until after Obama was inaugurated, we still weren't $15 trillion in debt.
2.) Maybe you're thinking of the budget deficit. I don't know for sure what it is this year. However, it's different from the national debt and confusing the two shows you have no business opining on either as you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
3.) Unless you are running a budget surplus, the debt isn't going away at all. The deficit being smaller than last year does not mean that the debt is getting smaller, it means it's getting larger at a slower rate.

Pretty much all of the economic problems we continue to struggle with are because of poor to nonexistent GDP growth. We have crummy GDP growth primarily because of Dodd/Frank, Obamacare, and the looming threat of more regulations and taxes. We will not be able to decrease the debt without a strong economy, and we will never have a strong economy with Obamacare effectively taxing businesses for hell and back just for growing and hiring more employees and Dodd/Frank strangling the financial sector.

Furthermore, all of the sob stories you hear about poverty statistics and food stamps and whatnot will pretty much vanish in a good economy.

Of course, even if the economy does turn around, no politician wants to be the politician that says "HAY GUISE, EVEN THO WE TTLY HAVE THE MONIES RIGHT NOW WE SHOULD SAVE IT TO COVER OUR DETS!!1!" Especially when any politician running against him is going to counter with "FREE MONEY IF YOU VOTE FOR ME." The difference is that only liberals are stupid enough to throw money out when we have none coming in.

Gumball wrote:

I know it might be hard to wrap your pretty little head around this, but people can care about, and follow, several issues at once. They are capable of thinking about Al-Quaeda and politicians who spread harmful myths about half of the population.

Yes, but they only seem to start threads about the latter.

Gumball wrote:

One member of a legislative body of 435 voting members that has to get checked by another body of 100 voting members, the President, and another body of 9 judges before they can wield any actual power has demonstrated that he's a clod.

People in this thread have said that this is reason to not vote for Romney or any other Republican ever.

And I'm the one lacking a sense of perspective. Colbert

This is the longest post I have written since the last Christastrophe. I'd like to congratulate you all for giving me cause to do something beyond go "lol idiot" and let you sit there and bask in the WOOGA.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:26 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

TheHedonist wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

1.) We were not $15 trillion in debt when Obama took office. Even if we factor in the TARP under Bush, which really didn't hit until after Obama was inaugurated, we still weren't $15 trillion in debt.
2.) Maybe you're thinking of the budget deficit. I don't know for sure what it is this year. However, it's different from the national debt and confusing the two shows you have no business opining on either as you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
3.) Unless you are running a budget surplus, the debt isn't going away at all. The deficit being smaller than last year does not mean that the debt is getting smaller, it means it's getting larger at a slower rate.

Pretty much all of the economic problems we continue to struggle with are because of poor to nonexistent GDP growth. We have crummy GDP growth primarily because of Dodd/Frank, Obamacare, and the looming threat of more regulations and taxes. We will not be able to decrease the debt without a strong economy, and we will never have a strong economy with Obamacare effectively taxing businesses for hell and back just for growing and hiring more employees and Dodd/Frank strangling the financial sector.

Furthermore, all of the sob stories you hear about poverty statistics and food stamps and whatnot will pretty much vanish in a good economy.

Of course, even if the economy does turn around, no politician wants to be the politician that says "HAY GUISE, EVEN THO WE TTLY HAVE THE MONIES RIGHT NOW WE SHOULD SAVE IT TO COVER OUR DETS!!1!" Especially when any politician running against him is going to counter with "FREE MONEY IF YOU VOTE FOR ME." The difference is that only liberals are stupid enough to throw money out when we have none coming in.

Gumball wrote:

Gumball wrote:

One member of a legislative body of 435 voting members that has to get checked by another body of 100 voting members, the President, and another body of 9 judges before they can wield any actual power has demonstrated that he's a clod.

People in this thread have said that this is reason to not vote for Romney or any other Republican ever.

And I'm the one lacking a sense of perspective. Colbert

This is the longest post I have written since the last Christastrophe. I'd like to congratulate you all for giving me cause to do something beyond go "lol idiot" and let you sit there and bask in the WOOGA.
Mikey, darling, turn off Faux News and go outside. Go play golf for a while and leave the political debates to the grownups.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Mikey, darling, turn off Faux News and go outside. Go play golf for a while and leave the political debates to the grownups.

Agreed, mikey don't be like all the other college students I see who only watch Faux News and go "OMG THEY R TELLING DA TRUTH! NO ONE ELSE CAN HANDLE DA TRUTH!" And get a fresh perspective from people in your local bar/coffee joint/wherever you go to unwind.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 9:16 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Gumball wrote:

Yes, but they may well have seen fifteen thousand Obamacare discussions elsewhere and didn't feel the need to add another.

Quote :
Gumball wrote:

You know, the boyfriend does that too- "OMG HE'S NEVER GONNA BE PRESIDENT SO WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, EVEN". The problem is that this 'clod' reaches a large audience with his cloddy opinions delusions; he is heard by a great many people, some of whom will buy into it. He is perpetuating a harmful piece of misinformation. The one and only thing most people can do about that is speak up, be vocal, which is exactly what this thread is. This thread, if you will, is an example of the market correcting itself (or trying to) by people spreading the information that farmer Walsh is selling mouldy vegetables. Hope that helps.

Quote :
And I'm sure someone somewhere read the whole post, even.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 5:17 pm

i'm sure nut removal is no longer necessary to save the life of someone suffering testicular cancer what with all the cancer eating nanobots we have now
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:42 pm

grmblfjx wrote:
Quote :
Gumball wrote:

You know, the boyfriend does that too- "OMG HE'S NEVER GONNA BE PRESIDENT SO WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM, EVEN". The problem is that this 'clod' reaches a large audience with his cloddy opinions delusions; he is heard by a great many people, some of whom will buy into it. He is perpetuating a harmful piece of misinformation. The one and only thing most people can do about that is speak up, be vocal, which is exactly what this thread is. This thread, if you will, is an example of the market correcting itself (or trying to) by people spreading the information that farmer Walsh is selling mouldy vegetables. Hope that helps.

Quote :

And I'm sure someone somewhere read the whole post, even.

1.) Allow me to clarify. I'm not saying no one is allowed to talk about this because it's not of the utmost importance. It's one thing for people to be saying Farmer Walsh is selling moldy vegetables. What a couple people have done in this thread is said that Farmer Walsh is selling moldy vegetables, probably has AIDS, and that you should never buy anything from any farmer ever even if they're completely unrelated. Then Asylum accused Republicans of being "petty and diversionary" when people in this thread were flipping the fuck out over this.

It's not that people had a reaction to this clod and his views, it's that they had a spastic reaction not entirely grounded in reason.

2.) You probably read the entire thing because you're obsessed with me. Cool Alas, it'll never work out between us. You live in a made up fantasy land and I'm a buffoon.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 3:15 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:
i wonder how long it'll be before theyre advocating for people to go back to the whole concept of humors ruling the body

With nitrous anything is possible

Back to top Go down
ZOOLANDER
ZOOLANDER

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:50 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

You're right.

You were $21 trillion in debt when Obama took office.
Back to top Go down
The Scientist
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
The Scientist

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 11:31 am

Reidmar wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
Well anne, it's not the number of brain cells they have, it's what you say to the masses.

Or how you say it. People watch a debate on tv and go "oh, this candidate is a moron who can't tell one middle eastern country from the other and generally has no idea what he's talking about, and he thinks poor people don't deserve any help or pity because it's apparently their own fault, but he flashed an awesomely capped smile, so I'll vote for him". It's truly mind-boggling.

There are a lot of stupid people around. It's sad, but it's undeniable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother   Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother Empty

Back to top Go down

Congressman Says Abortions Never Necessary to Save Life of Mother
Page 1 of 1