Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions

Go down 
+15
theromangeneral
Verandering
Rabid Badger
Keith Fraser
Jesus.
Lady Anne
Spotts1701
Cyberwulf
Mafiosa
Khajidu
OzymandiasBowie
Sparrow
ZoZo
Lapin
the asylum
19 posters
AuthorMessage
the asylum
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
the asylum

Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions Empty
PostSubject: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:00 pm

The link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

tl;dr: Oklahoma state will protect doctors from lawsuits who outright lie to women about any of their unborn children's birth defects, if only on a hunch that they'd consider aborting

Accountability? What the fuck is that shit?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 1:09 pm

...What in the bleeding hell is wrong with my fucking country?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:10 pm

...wait what?

I have no words. Fuck you, Oklahoma.
Back to top Go down
Sparrow
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sparrow

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:38 pm

There really aren't words to express my rage over this. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
State legislators made this decision Tuesday, voting 36-12 in the Senate
and 84-12 in the House to override Gov. Brad Henry's veto of this law.
(The Legislature also overrode the governor's veto of a second egregious
law, HB 2780, which forces women to view an ultrasound before having an
abortion.)

Fuck you, Oklahoma legislators. Your governor was showing sense, and you just had to override it. I really hope people start challenging these laws and soon.
Back to top Go down
http://sparrow779.livejournal.com/
OzymandiasBowie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
OzymandiasBowie

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:52 pm

Sparrow wrote:
There really aren't words to express my rage over this. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
State legislators made this decision Tuesday, voting 36-12 in the Senate
and 84-12 in the House to override Gov. Brad Henry's veto of this law.
(The Legislature also overrode the governor's veto of a second egregious
law, HB 2780, which forces women to view an ultrasound before having an
abortion.)

Fuck you, Oklahoma legislators. Your governor was showing sense, and you just had to override it. I really hope people start challenging these laws and soon.

The Planned Parenthood of Oklahoma is getting to ready to challenge these Draconian laws, and they're asking for national help. If I recall correctly, there's a third anti-abortion bill in the legislative body that will make women seeking an abortion fill out forms containing sensitive personal information. Some of that information will be put up online. I think there was a wank on that bill on another forum, though, so I'll elaborate no further.

On a related note, shit like this has been going on for decades. If you cannot override a constitutionally protected right (the logic goes), then you can make it as difficult, shameful, and emotionally manipulative as possible. Abortion is a legal medical procedure, as per the logic of the fourteenth amendment. Perhaps I just don't understand constitutional law that well, but I don't know why women haven't attempted to sue for unreasonable invasion of privacy.

Shit like this makes me so happy I live on the west coast, frankly.
Back to top Go down
Khajidu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Khajidu

Location : on a tall ship far away from the bullshit, on the port side of course

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:57 pm

I'M HAPPY I LIVE IN EUROPE
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:51 pm

LOL THE SOUTH
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:54 pm

Which is the state that in addition to making women considering abortion have an ultrasound also wanted to make it mandatory for them to have a gewgaw shoved up their vaginas to get an even more detailed ultrasound?
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 7:15 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Which is the state that in addition to making women considering abortion have an ultrasound also wanted to make it mandatory for them to have a gewgaw shoved up their vaginas to get an even more detailed ultrasound?

And the answer is...OKLAHOMA!

Yep, doctors now have to commit assault against their patients if they refuse to submit to an ultrasound, or if the only way to get an ultrasound is to use a vaginal probe.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:10 pm

Allowing doctors to lie to their patients about birth defects is unconscionable. A woman has the right to know if there's something wrong with her fetus. Yes, she may choose abortion--which is her right. She may also decide to continue the pregnancy. In some cases, identifying birth defects ahead of time allows for additional monitoring of the pregnancy, thus making it more likely that, in spite of the birth defect, the child has a better chance of growing up at least semi-normally (or growing up at all). It also allows the parents to prepare themselves financially and emotionally for a child who will have problems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 8:22 pm

Ok, seriously. What up with this shit? Is there a new underground movement in America for sexism, racism, LGBTQA-phoba, and all-in-all backwards regression that I was not informed of?

...Aww crap. Where's Erzi when you need her?
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Allowing doctors to lie to their patients about birth defects is unconscionable. A woman has the right to know if there's something wrong with her fetus. Yes, she may choose abortion--which is her right. She may also decide to continue the pregnancy. In some cases, identifying birth defects ahead of time allows for additional monitoring of the pregnancy, thus making it more likely that, in spite of the birth defect, the child has a better chance of growing up at least semi-normally (or growing up at all). It also allows the parents to prepare themselves financially and emotionally for a child who will have problems.

Remember, it doesn't matter what happens after they're born because after that they're subject to original sin and deserve whatever horrible crap the lawd chooses to inflict on them.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:34 pm

We're nine years into the 21st Century, and it's like America is trying it's damnedest to regress to the 1940s. WTF is up with that?!
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Fuck this shit -starts swimming across the atlantic-
Back to top Go down
theromangeneral

theromangeneral

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:20 pm

Verandering wrote:

Good thing you didn't say the pacific, the Right to Life Australia group think these laws are "terrific" and should be adopted in Australia Link.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 11:03 pm

theromangeneral wrote:
Verandering wrote:

Good thing you didn't say the pacific, the Right to Life Australia group think these laws are "terrific" and should be adopted in Australia Link.

Yes, because when I think "the other side of the Pacific," I TOTALLY think Australia, not Japan, China, the Philippines, and way too far away.
Back to top Go down
theromangeneral

theromangeneral

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 12:12 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
theromangeneral wrote:
Verandering wrote:

Yes, because when I think "the other side of the Pacific," I TOTALLY think Australia, not Japan, China, the Philippines, and way too far away.

Do you even even think "other side of the Pacific"?
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:13 am

Always relevant.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:58 am

theromangeneral wrote:
Do you even even think "other side of the Pacific"?

FTFY
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:56 am

This is APPALLING. First doctors are allowed to lie to mothers about children's birth defects, what's next? Lying to people about how dangerous it is to live with only one kidney, to get more living organ donors? That'll save lives, right?

This is disgusting.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:10 am

TheHermit wrote:
Always relevant.
That is made of win.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 8:08 am

Lady Anne wrote:
TheHermit wrote:
Always relevant.
That is made of win.

..Oh sweet holy mother of...

Who wrote this? Where are they? I need to marry them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions   Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions Empty

Back to top Go down

Oklahoma tells Docs it's A-OK to lie to women who may consider abortions
Page 1 of 1