Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.

Go down 
+9
myeerah
Lapin
Mafiosa
Somath Cegem
Spotts1701
Verandering
Seule
V3N0M
Lysander
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. Empty
PostSubject: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:11 pm

Quote :
BARRETT TO UPDATE AND REINTRODUCE THE S.T.E.P. ACT
01/05/10

Legislation Bars Admission of Aliens to the U.S. from State Sponsors of Terrorism as well as Yemen and From the Terrorist Detainee Facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

WASHINGTON, DC—Today, Congressman J. Gresham Barrett (SC-03) announced that in response to recent failures in national security, he will update and reintroduce the Stop Terrorists Entry Program Act, which he originally authored back in 2003. The STEP Act of 2010 amends the Immigration and Nationality Act to bar admission of aliens from countries that have strong ties to terrorist regimes and also from the terrorist detainee facility in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Barrett released the following statement regarding his proposed legislation:

“While President Obama may have declared an end to the War on Terror, it is clear our enemies did not get the message. Twice in the past two months, radical Islamic terrorists have attacked our nation and the Administration has failed to adapt its national security and immigration policies to counter the renewed resolve of those who seek to harm our citizens. More disturbingly, the President stands by his decision to close the terrorist detainee facility at Guantanamo Bay despite reports that released prisoners were behind the Christmas Day bomb plot.

“In light of these unfortunate facts, I intend to introduce legislation that will enhance our national security through common sense changes to our current immigration laws. The STEP Act of 2010 bars the admission of aliens from countries designated as State Sponsors of Terrorism as well as Yemen to the United States. Additionally, the STEP Act prohibits the transfer of the terrorist detainees from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba to our nation.”

The State Department has indentified the following states as sponsors of terrorism: Cuba, Iran, Sudan and Syria. Given recent reports of increased levels of terrorist activities in Yemen, Congressman Barrett has requested that its citizens not be allowed to enter the United States.

Individuals seeking political or religious asylum or emergency medical treatment may be exempt from these provisions, only after an extensive federal screening.

Taken directly from the man's website.

Yeah, that's a great idea, but I have an even better one. Y'see, let's put them all in internment camps. That way, we can screen them all, and separate the guilty from the innocent more fairly. Surely, nobody will disagree with such a simple and just idea.

The two "radical Islamic terrorists" who have attacked our nation in the past two months were an American national and a Nigerian. Osama bin Laden himself is Saudi, as were the people who did 9/11. Oh, well. At least we'll show those evil Cubans who's boss!
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:31 pm

Iran won't let americans into their country, so why should we let iranians into ours?
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:36 pm

V3N0M wrote:
Iran won't let americans into their country, so why should we let iranians into ours?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:37 pm

V3N0M wrote:

Let's let the adults talk about adult issues, son.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:38 pm

V3N0M wrote:

Um, yeah...

You know that big ol' statute on Liberty Island? Yeah, that one. You know the inscription on her base? The one that says "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free"?

I don't recall that inscription saying "Unless you're Middle Eastern, in which case you can just DIAF."
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:41 pm

V3N0M wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is the governing body of Iran that is opposed to allowing Americans into there country, most of those wishing to come to your country* disagree with this point of view and wish to live in a land with more freedoms than Iran. Preventing them from entering because of the actions of a foreign governing body as long as proper checks are made is not only childish it's plain bloody minded.

*(although why they don't just stop once they hit western Europe is beyond me, france alone has the population of england in a country 3/4 times the size, plus alot less of this sorta shit)
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Somath Cegem wrote:
*(although why they don't just stop once they hit western Europe is beyond me, france alone has the population of england in a country 3/4 times the size, plus alot less of this sorta shit)

Also, nommy food.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:00 pm

V3N0M wrote:

QUICK, SINK TO THEIR LEVEL! IT'S OUR ONLY HOPE!
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:07 pm

V3N0M wrote:

Alright, which one of you is this.
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:06 pm

Both Iran and America only have so many jobs available.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:15 pm

V3N0M wrote:
Both Iran and America only have so many jobs available.

This is either Skillet, or someone reciting Glen Beck bullshit like Skillet to see if we ban them.

Either way, if we all add him to our block lists, he will fail. Who's with me?
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:33 pm

^Done.

As for this guy, he needs to be reminded that we are a nation of IMMIGRANTS. All immigrants. Our purpose was to have a land of freedom for everyone.

Everyone? Includes Persians.

You dumbfuck.
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:36 pm

Lapin wrote:
^Done.

As for this guy, he needs to be reminded that we are a nation of IMMIGRANTS. All immigrants. Our purpose was to have a land of freedom for everyone.

You dumbfuck.

Speak for yourself. Colbert

Oh, wait... that guy married a French woman, their daughter married a English guy, their daughter married a Scotsman... Shocked

Never mind.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Lysander wrote:
Done.
Back to top Go down
Snoof
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snoof

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Extra irony, as there are Persians in the US who fled Iran due to religious persecution.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:52 am

Lysander wrote:

Excellent suggestion. The deed has been done, and now a bunch of threads don't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:53 am

Oh, like he's ever contributed meaningfully to a conversation before.
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 3:29 pm

Lapin wrote:
^Done.

Not if the US government has anything to say about it, apparently. To be honest, I thought we'd finished with this shit years ago; it's rather pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 8:59 am

Lapin wrote:
As for this guy, he needs to be reminded that we are a nation of IMMIGRANTS.

I really hate that soundbite.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:18 am

Why? Its true. I don't see how one immigrant is better than the other. Every new wave of immigrants is hated and considered a threat. The Irish & Italians, the Eastern Europeans, the Asians, and now the Persians.

I wonder who we'll fear next?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:26 am

Except that it's really damn hard to immigrate from Iran right now, and has been for some time. There's no feared wave of immigrants coming from over there. A terrifying trickle, perhaps, but no feared wave.

Anyway, I just don't like it because it's become a mantra for everyone thinking, "Well my great granddaddy came over from France, so let's just give up on trying to enforce immigration laws."

Basically, this has little to do with immigration. It's the first person with power to voice a paranoid delusion that has been passed around since 9/11.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:37 am

Oh, fuck that, I don't support illegal immigration.

You know, I didn't think a lot of Persians were coming. There's a lot in my area, but there's also a lot of South Asians, Europeans, and pretty much everyone else under the sun. I was wondering what he was so wound up about.

And now I know he's just an ass. Questions answered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.   Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says. Empty

Back to top Go down

Exile all Persians, GOP Congressman says.
Page 1 of 1