Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

Go down 
+21
Jay/Cris
lemmingwriter
Rabid Badger
Cyberwulf
Snake Bandage
rae
rachel
Electron Blue
Disco Stu
Hawaiian Shirt
Eeveegou
SlyChild
Reidmar
grmblfjx
Mr.Doobie
Mikey Go WOOGA
Chris91
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Spotts1701
Lady Anne
Knorg
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Jay/Chris

It's Cris.

CRIS.

For fuck's sake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Jay/Cris wrote:
Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Jay/Chris

It's Cris.

CRIS.

For fuck's sake.

YOUR NAME IS JAY-C

Like Jay-Z, except white and gay.

At least I assume white. In my head, you look like your avatar. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm

I totally imagine him as the old GAFF avatar. I keep reading posts with a German accent instead of Dutch.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Knorg wrote:
I totally imagine him as the old GAFF avatar. I keep reading posts with a German accent instead of Dutch.
interspersed with the occasional BAMF of course.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Harley just fuck off. Okay? Fuck off. You don't have a single fucking clue what you're fucking talking about, so go slam your head in a door till you do.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:39 pm

So are we arguing overall philosophy behind this situation, that is putting it in a glass case and examining it in relation to other events that have happened and using it to gain a perspective on these kinds of situations to use in the future, or are we arguing the proper action to take with THIS individual situation?

Honest curiosity, since I'm doing the former.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Hawaiian Shirt wrote:
So are we arguing overall philosophy behind this situation, that is putting it in a glass case and examining it in relation to other events that have happened and using it to gain a perspective on these kinds of situations to use in the future, or are we arguing the proper action to take with THIS individual situation?

Honest curiosity, since I'm doing the former.

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 453357 It looks like we're ganging up on Harley for not having a clue about why murdering one individual who's already murdered 16 is wrong to prove that murder is bad. US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 896582
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Ok ladyscreens and gentlescreens, step aside, because Doobie is going to put in his few cents, which pretty much amounts to "PTSD fucking sucks".

Yeah, I got experience with this shit. When I was in elementary school it drove me absolutely psycho. I dreamed about killing my entire family, drew graphic pictures of me murdering people with a knife. I tried to kill myself twice, and almost succeeded once. My family started hiding everything sharp, and I eventually violently attacked one of my classmates.

I've got a friend with me right now, and she also has PTSD. This morning she lost her shit and gouged my door with a kitchen knife and she's left two holes in my wall from punching them. But she's still my best friend. I could hold it against her. I could throw her out. I could make her pay for the damages, but even though she offered, I still won't accept it. She's not a bad person, she's a fucking sweetheart and I'm not going to make her pay or try to punish her because she's got wounds.

My point? PTSD makes you do some wild shit. You don't just sit in a corner and cry and have flashbacks until someone holds you tight enough that all the pain goes away and then you have gentle, healing sex and bam PTSD gone.

I'm saying I understand what drove the soldier to do this, and I don't think prison or, what the fuck people, parading his head on a pike is the answer. Seriously, Harley, there isn't enough "fuck you" in the universe.

I'm sorry that those kids died, that is just horrible and terrible, but the world is a shitty place and shitty shit happens in it pretty often and there isn't always some Big Bad Bad Guy twirling his mustache asking for us to strap him into the chair and fry him. The parents of those kids need our positive brain waves, and that soldier needs help.

And yes, PTSD exists, fuck anyone that says otherwise.

EDIT: Oh, and I certainly hope they keep his identity secrets so that fucking asshats like Harley won't be able to get to him.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:19 pm

^
PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Which indicates that it is a disorder that occurs after, and because of, some form of traumatic stress. What, pray tell, happened in elementary school that was that traumatic?

Just being a bipolar little bitch is not PTSD.

Quote :
It looks like we're ganging up on Harley for not having a clue about why murdering one individual who's already murdered 16 is wrong to prove that murder is bad.

Wrong again, idiot. The death penalty has nothing to do with this discussion. It's about how we should react to it considering the likely mental illness of the soldier.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:51 pm

oh god Mikey why don't you just off yourself instead of wasting precious oxygen by continuing to breathe

you're such a waste of soot and water
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
oh god Mikey why don't you just off yourself instead of wasting precious oxygen by continuing to breathe

Soot?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Snake Bandage
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snake Bandage

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:34 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Soot?

Probably a Freudian slip. Instead of typing "food", she typed what she wants him to become, i.e. a pile of soot.

Mikey and Harley probably think my claims of PSTD are bullshit despite having lived in a warzone for most-- hell, you know what, all my life. Having to look under the car to check for bombs every morning because you're an Israeli diplomat's child is a very unsettling experience, as is having to live in a hotel for a whole month because Kurdish immigrants want to barge into your apartment and kill you for being Israeli. But that doesn't count according to you guys, right? Gee.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

Soot?
As in carbon.
Back to top Go down
Howithurts
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Howithurts

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Shut up Harley, you're being a complete idiot. And four years is a lot of time to spend in a place where you never know if your convoy ride is going to be your last because you never know when that IED might blow, or if some sniper gets lucky. I can see how someone would snap after that. But you wouldn't know about that would you? You're just some privileged person whining on the internet about something she doesn't understand.
Back to top Go down
knightwithoutacause
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
knightwithoutacause

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:42 pm

I think that some of the people wanting him to be executed believe that this will give the victims' families closure.

My good friend was murdered two years ago. I wanted nothing more than to kill the bastard who murdered her. He is now in prison for the rest of his life without the possibility of parole. His arrest and sentence didn't give any closure to her family or the young son who now lost his mother as well as his father since it was his father that killed his mother. We are still missing her in our lives, and these families will be missing their loved ones. His death will not change that.

Then there are others who are saying it out of anger and knowing only violence as a good and equal response to violence.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 12:01 am

^^^ yeah that
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:04 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
Knorg wrote:

nonononono, not interspersed! One at the start and end of every post. Where he goes between posting... who knows?
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:23 am

So, there's some indication that it might not have been a single PTSD-driven soldier who did this. Afghanistan's largest independent news source, Pajhwok Afghan News, has reported that there is an Afghan parliamentary probe. According to their report, there may have been up to 20 American troops involved.

Quote :
“The villages are one and a half kilometre from the American military base. We are convinced that one soldier cannot kill so many people in two villages within one hour at the same time, and the 16 civilians, most of them children and women, have been killed by the two groups.”

Sauce
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:34 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Soldier named. Hires Ted Bundy's lawyer.

Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 4:50 am

Knorg wrote:
Somath Cegem wrote:
Knorg wrote:

nonononono, not interspersed! One at the start and end of every post. Where he goes between posting... who knows?

God, that'd be an annoying gimmick if I typed that out each time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 17, 2012 10:22 am

rae wrote:
So, there's some indication that it might not have been a single PTSD-driven soldier who did this. Afghanistan's largest independent news source, Pajhwok Afghan News, has reported that there is an Afghan parliamentary probe. According to their report, there may have been up to 20 American troops involved.

Quote :
“The villages are one and a half kilometre from the American military base. We are convinced that one soldier cannot kill so many people in two villages within one hour at the same time, and the 16 civilians, most of them children and women, have been killed by the two groups.”

Sauce

Yeah.

That source seems reliable. US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 896582
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3