Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar

Go down 
+21
Jay/Cris
lemmingwriter
Rabid Badger
Cyberwulf
Snake Bandage
rae
rachel
Electron Blue
Disco Stu
Hawaiian Shirt
Eeveegou
SlyChild
Reidmar
grmblfjx
Mr.Doobie
Mikey Go WOOGA
Chris91
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Spotts1701
Lady Anne
Knorg
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  Empty
PostSubject: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 2:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
A US soldier in Afghanistan has shot dead 15 civilians and wounded others after entering their homes in Kandahar province, Afghan and Nato sources say.

He reportedly left his base early in the morning to attack village homes. Nine children are among the dead.

"Where ya goin' Sarge?"

"Uh... going to smoke."

"'Kay. Don't step on any mines."

Quote :

The White House voiced "deep concern"

"Buncha Afghani faggots if you ask me, oh dear Jesus are we live?"

Quote :

In Kandahar's Panjwai district, local people have gathered near the base to protest about Sunday's killings, and the US embassy is advising against travel to the area.

All due respect to the ancient and vibrant culture, but similar advisories have been issued since about Roman times. I would tend to want to go travel to an coastal resort instead.

Quote :

In one house in Najeeban, the gunman reportedly killed 11 people, setting fire to their bodies before he left.

Sources say that in his confused state he mistook them for Korans.

Quote :

An unnamed woman witness in Najeeban told BBC News she had heard gunfire at about 02:00. A barking dog was shot dead by the gunman, she said.

At least some people reading the article will feel that the killing of the dog is a bigger outrage than the killing of the people.

Sigh.

Quote :

The soldier - who reportedly suffered a breakdown before the attacks - is said to have handed himself over to the US military authorities after carrying out the killings.

Wrist slapping imminent.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:51 pm

This is sickening. It was the middle of the night and it was (probably) sleeping civilians that were targeted, including kids.

Breakdown or no, that's one soldier who needs to be locked up with no access to weapons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 10:03 pm

Knorg wrote:
Quote :
The soldier - who reportedly suffered a breakdown before the attacks - is said to have handed himself over to the US military authorities after carrying out the killings.

Wrist slapping imminent.

Doubtful. The last NCO that did something like this (he was the "ringleader" of a team that killed 3 unarmed civilians, and then planted weapons to make them look like insurgents) is going to spend a very long time breaking big rocks into little rocks. And this was before things started getting volatile by other soldiers being manifestly stupid.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:56 am

This is fucking insane. As if shit wasn't bad enough in Afgan and American soldiers weren't disliked enough, they have to go around killing children.

Thank GOD we're out of there.

BAD America, BAD! That's very naughty of you! You'd better give that soldier a good old COURT MARTIAL AND DEMOTE HIM TO PRIVATE. Unless of course, you can prove those children were spies for the Taliban.

Fuck.

Quote :
She added that the Taliban had not been seen in the area for five months.

Well, they'll sure have the opportunity to come back now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 9:20 am

Lady Anne wrote:
This is sickening. It was the middle of the night and it was (probably) sleeping civilians that were targeted, including kids.

Breakdown or no, that's one soldier who needs to be locked up with no access to weapons.

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
This is fucking insane. As if shit wasn't bad enough in Afgan and American soldiers weren't disliked enough, they have to go around killing children.

Thank GOD we're out of there.

BAD America, BAD! That's very naughty of you! You'd better give that soldier a good old COURT MARTIAL AND DEMOTE HIM TO PRIVATE. Unless of course, you can prove those children were spies for the Taliban.

Fuck.

Quote :
She added that the Taliban had not been seen in the area for five months.

Well, they'll sure have the opportunity to come back now.

Forget locking him up or court-martialing him...the bastard should be fucking EXECUTED.

Ideally with his own rifle.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:13 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
Knorg wrote:
Quote :

Wrist slapping imminent.

Doubtful. The last NCO that did something like this (he was the "ringleader" of a team that killed 3 unarmed civilians, and then planted weapons to make them look like insurgents) is going to spend a very long time breaking big rocks into little rocks.

This sounds slightly different, in that this fellow appears to have had a genuine breakdown while as the "Last NCO" had enough wits to attempt to cover his ass. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:10 pm

Quote :
Forget locking him up or court-martialing him...the bastard should be fucking EXECUTED.

If he did something like that in America, he'd be facing the death penalty in some states, and never let out of prison in most.

Of course, being a soldier, I figure he's gonna get away with... five minutes breaking rocks, maybe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Quote :

Ok, this is almost as bad as the fucking popcorn smiley. Like, seriously? With the PUT THE DAWG DOWN cries for his head on a plate?

Because the obvious way to show people that killing people is wrong is to kill people. [/wut?]

And I know he's not being serious but come on, he's not even fucking trying to make a post.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:33 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Quote :

Ok, this is almost as bad as the fucking popcorn smiley. Like, seriously? With the PUT THE DAWG DOWN cries for his head on a plate?

Because the obvious way to show people that killing people is wrong is to kill people. [/wut?]

And I know he's not being serious but come on, he's not even fucking trying to make a post.

Once again, you're wrong as fuck, idiot. US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  588739

He's being completely serious. Really, you've been here long enough to know that Chris, though he may try, has no sense of humor. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:35 am

Whatever it is, it's still as bad as the popcorn smiley. Or the "MIKEY UR SUCH A TROLOLOLO I'M BLOCKING U N TAKEN MAI MARBLES N GOING HOME N HALF MY POSTS ARE GOING TO BE ABOUT HOW GRAET IT IS THAT I BLOCKED U N NO ONE WILL EVER FEED U AGIN!"
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:58 am

Mr.Doobie wrote:

I know, right? I would make that point all the fucking time if anyone here was actually in favor of killing people.

Mr.Doobie wrote:
I BLOCKED U N NO ONE WILL EVER FEED U AGIN!"

I'll have it known that I'd totally make a three course troll dinner for Mikey. <3
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Whatever it is, it's still as bad as the popcorn smiley. Or the "MIKEY UR SUCH A TROLOLOLO I'M BLOCKING U N TAKEN MAI MARBLES N GOING HOME N HALF MY POSTS ARE GOING TO BE ABOUT HOW GRAET IT IS THAT I BLOCKED U N NO ONE WILL EVER FEED U AGIN!"

You left out the part where they end up reading most of my posts anyway, because others quote me. US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  961878

grmblfjx wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:

I know, right? I would make that point all the fucking time if anyone here was actually in favor of killing people.

Everyone here is pro baby murder. Colbert

But seriously, killing people has it's uses. What little I know about this case, however, lead me to believe this guy needs less firing squad and more internment at a mental ward.

I mean, if fucking Hinckley can be let into public, this guy certainly deserves consideration (or at least a thorough enough psych exam to see if he's truly a mental case or just stab stab crazy).

Quote :
Mr.Doobie wrote:
I BLOCKED U N NO ONE WILL EVER FEED U AGIN!"

I'll have it known that I'd totally make a three course troll dinner for Mikey. <3

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  307911
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:22 pm

As usual, nothing of value was lost.

Well aside from this soldier getting a slap on the wrist, then being given his rifle and told to go back out to shoot some more.

God Bless American Stupidity US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  453357
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:04 pm

Tard wrote:

Well aside from this soldier getting a slap on the wrist, then being given his rifle and told to go back out to shoot some more.

Your asinine trolling aside, that seems to have already happened. I just heard on Da News (Which is always accurate and in no way a bunch of fucking idiots who wasted their college years studying "Journalism" speculating wildly in a feeble attempt to draw ratings) that this fellow had a long service record that included a "traumatic brain injury" and PTSD.

So he probably shouldn't have been armed and on active duty in the first place. And as the Commandurr and Cheif, this is clearly all Obama's fault. Thereby I'm calling for Obama to be dragged before the Hague (whatever the fuck that is) to stand trial for the murder of however many mud people. Trollface
Back to top Go down
SlyChild
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Location : Ass glued to computer chair. Haven't moved in days.

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:30 pm

War will fuck you up. I read about a guy in my area who came back from Iraq, then went out and shot two other people and then himself. My friend's son was a sniper. He's still jumpy and weird.
So, yeah. I guess I don't hate this guy as much as I should. War tends to scramble one's brains.
Back to top Go down
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Eeveegou

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:10 pm

SlyChild wrote:
War will fuck you up. I read about a guy in my area who came back from Iraq, then went out and shot two other people and then himself. My friend's son was a sniper. He's still jumpy and weird.
So, yeah. I guess I don't hate this guy as much as I should. War tends to scramble one's brains.

That's something we have a tendency to forget... I mean, after Vietnam, our domestic violence and murder rates jumped in the US. It'll be interesting to see what happens these next few years. Already had an Iraq vet kill a random park ranger a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:42 pm

^
I has question.

Where were all of the PTSD'ed trainwrecks after WWII?

Or WWI
Or the Spanish-American War
Or the Civil War
Or the War of 1812
Or the Revolutionary War
Or the French and Indian War
Or the Peloponnesian War? Colbert
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Charles Pierce pretty well eviscerates the PTSD argument here.
Back to top Go down
Hawaiian Shirt
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Hawaiian Shirt

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:37 pm

Spotts1701 wrote:
Charles Pierce pretty well eviscerates the PTSD argument here.

Uh? No he doesn't? All I see are three short paragraphs of him complaining, one of which appears to be in full a quote from The Huffington Post.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 10:39 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^
I has question.

Or WWI
Or the Civil War
Or the War of 1812
Or the Revolutionary War

All the dead people are dead, silly billy

I'd ask my grandfather about his situation with PTSD but he died from multiple heart attacks at the age of 36

he served in Korea

all my great uncles who served in WWII? I do remember as a child asking the only surviving one about what WWII was like, and he selectively only told me how he learned German.

The guy who tried teaching me how to kill someone with a credit card served in Vietnam, yes, but he was drunk and thinking about all the horrible things that happened brought him to tears.

He was also telling me how he was a CIA operative and stuff and I decided to take what he said with a grain of salt but still, perhaps it's the whole concept that a guy can be and kinda sometimes has to be tough (as does anyone, really) but similarly mental illness is something that still has a lot of stigma.

A lot of homeless people have always been veterans. Just because Vietnam vets are from a notoriously unacceptable war fairly recently and a good chunk of them are still alive doesn't discredit any of what happens to them.

But then, my best friend learned how to stand up for himself in the army after years of being teased for being gay US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  367135
Back to top Go down
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Eeveegou

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:14 pm

You also have to consider what kind of wars the Korean and Vietnam ones were. The newer wars were somewhat torrential and psychologically damaging. To be in the jungle, surrounded by people on your own side who should have never been given a gun... rough stuff, I know I wouldn't be able to deal with it.
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 11:26 pm

Disco Stu wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^
I has question.

Or WWI
Or the Civil War
Or the War of 1812
Or the Revolutionary War

All the dead people are dead, silly billy

I'd ask my grandfather about his situation with PTSD but he died from multiple heart attacks at the age of 36

he served in Korea

all my great uncles who served in WWII? I do remember as a child asking the only surviving one about what WWII was like, and he selectively only told me how he learned German.

The guy who tried teaching me how to kill someone with a credit card served in Vietnam, yes, but he was drunk and thinking about all the horrible things that happened brought him to tears.

He was also telling me how he was a CIA operative and stuff and I decided to take what he said with a grain of salt but still, perhaps it's the whole concept that a guy can be and kinda sometimes has to be tough (as does anyone, really) but similarly mental illness is something that still has a lot of stigma.

A lot of homeless people have always been veterans. Just because Vietnam vets are from a notoriously unacceptable war fairly recently and a good chunk of them are still alive doesn't discredit any of what happens to them.

But then, my best friend learned how to stand up for himself in the army after years of being teased for being gay US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  367135
My maternal grandfather fought in WWII. I asked him about it several times, but he wouldn't say anything except he sat behind a big gun and didn't do anything. He told his father (a WWI vet) about cleaning the blood off the decks (he was in the Navy). Mom thinks he probably saw combat but didn't want to talk about it.

Also, some still-living WWII vets are now coming forward and talking about their PTSD, now that it is more socially acceptable to do so. As to WWI, PTSD was called shell-shock, and it was fairly common. Ernest Hemingway, who may have suffered from shell shock himself, wrote about it. As to the Civil War, the famous years of the Old West, with their reputation for violence, occurred following the Civil War, and a lot of the men who made that reputation for casual violence in the West were Civil War vets who could not let it go.

Eeveegou wrote:
You also have to consider what kind of wars the Korean and Vietnam ones were. The newer wars were somewhat torrential and psychologically damaging. To be in the jungle, surrounded by people on your own side who should have never been given a gun... rough stuff, I know I wouldn't be able to deal with it.
Every war has had people who should never have been given a gun (or whatever the current technology was). Then there were people who should never have been put in charge (like the people during WWII who sent tropical gear to Alaska and Arctic gear to the South Pacific US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  724940 , or generals who marched their troops into slaughters, ex. Custer).
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:22 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
^
I has question.

Or WWI
Or the Civil War
Or the War of 1812
Or the Revolutionary War
did you never read any WWI soldier poetry in school
or The Red Badge of Courage
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 8:40 am

@ Anne: Custer was a specific case... specifically someone thinking his army is better and will easily crush the enemy with little/no resistance. Basically underestimating the enemy and over-estimating themselves.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 9:21 am

Quote :
did you never read any WWI soldier poetry in school

You're assuming Mikey can read.

And before you say "BUT HE'S OBVIOUSLY READING THESE BOARDS!" I am not yet convinced that he isn't just banging his head on a keyboard and he just happens to produce things that make sense and are related to the topic at hand.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar    US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar  Empty

Back to top Go down

US soldier kills Afghan civilians in Kandahar
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next