Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The LeetStreet Boys

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kommandar

The LeetStreet Boys Empty
PostSubject: The LeetStreet Boys   The LeetStreet Boys EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 8:09 pm

I swear to Azathoth this isn't a pisstake. These guys are seriously trying to be an uber1337 otaku band of... something.

The autotuned vocals make my ears bleed. The weeabosity makes my soul bleed. At least the comments are an interesting read before bed.

They also have a webcomic, detailing how many CRAZED fans these bad boys have!
Back to top Go down
littledorrit
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
littledorrit

PostSubject: Re: The LeetStreet Boys   The LeetStreet Boys EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm confused by the fact that she hates Twilight and thinks Edward Cullen is lame, but in the next verse she sparkles as she makes him lose the game.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: The LeetStreet Boys   The LeetStreet Boys EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:59 am

WHAT THE FU--

OK. Before I fly into a mindless, psychotic rage, I will point out the good points. The music isn't bad; altogether, it's like mild J-Pop. The Auto-tuned vocals destroy anything good about that. The lyrics don't completely suck, but they are made worse by the use of unnecessary Japanese. The animation of the music video is totally forgivable simply for the fact it's bearable.

The weeaboo factor over-all is, to say the least, OVERWHELMING beyond possible redemption. Didn't think it possible to write a fanboy song ranging from Haruhi Suzumiya to Pokémon.

Ultimately, I'm surprised I haven't found this first.
Back to top Go down
Kommandar

PostSubject: Re: The LeetStreet Boys   The LeetStreet Boys EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 3:34 pm

They're not reacting particularly well to criticism, either. TreetopYodeler actually had some really good advice for them. BUT LOL NO HE'S JUST A STUPID 4CHAN TROLL
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

There's no way that someone this unprofessional can be "laughing all the way to the bank" about anything.
Back to top Go down
littledorrit
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
littledorrit

PostSubject: Re: The LeetStreet Boys   The LeetStreet Boys EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Japanese speakers pronounce desu "dess." As in "Toireh wa doko dess ka?" (phonetic for "where's the bathroom?")

That's the first think you learn in Japanese. THE. FIRST. THING. Angry

When I was thirteen, I took a weekend Japanese course to be near my crush. For some reason I still know the word for communism ("shakaishugi")
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: The LeetStreet Boys   The LeetStreet Boys EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:19 pm

The critique has good points, but could be much more polite.

If you're giving someone cake and it's iced it shit, it don't matter that you're giving them cake.
Back to top Go down
Kommandar

PostSubject: Re: The LeetStreet Boys   The LeetStreet Boys EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:36 pm

Sometimes harshness is necessary to break through an iron ego.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: The LeetStreet Boys   The LeetStreet Boys EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:46 pm

Kommandar wrote:
Sometimes harshness is necessary to break through an iron ego.

Actually, the opposite is true. You don't even need to take an introductory course to psychology to know that people would rather associate and listen to those who respect them than those who don't (daddy complexes aside)
If you want people to listen to you, you need to treat them with fairness. Not sugary-sweetness, nothing fake, just fairness. Say what needs to be said and nothing more.

Any insults added are from the ego of the critic. They're simply unecessary.
Back to top Go down
Kommandar

PostSubject: Re: The LeetStreet Boys   The LeetStreet Boys EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Which is why I added "sometimes." Usually in the really bad cases that require an Encyclopedia Dramatica article before they get their head out their ass.
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: The LeetStreet Boys   The LeetStreet Boys EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:25 pm

Kommandar wrote:
Which is why I added "sometimes." Usually in the really bad cases that require an Encyclopedia Dramatica article before they get their head out their ass.

I am personally of the opinion that it's never ok to mass-bully a person to get them to change their ways.
If their behaviour is criminal, follow the law and press charges. If it's just something you don't like, give your honest critique and let them decide whether they want to change or not.
Also, when having something like an ED page made, are they really "seeing the light" or are they simply bowing to massive amounts of peer pressure? because in the second situation, they haven't internally changed at all. They're just seeking the path of least resistance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The LeetStreet Boys   The LeetStreet Boys Empty

Back to top Go down

The LeetStreet Boys
Page 1 of 1