Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.

Go down 
+3
Vanilla-villa
Chris91
Summercorn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. Empty
PostSubject: Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.   Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 7:01 am

Yes, my first offering to the altar of GAFF was a Backstreet Boys fan fiction. I think that WhyGodWhy should be as lucky.

When I began to read Backstreet Boys fan fiction, I had no idea just how popular they were. Just Google the words, Backstreet Boys fan fiction and you get thousands of sites. Each one of these has dozens, sometimes hundreds of fics. Many, indeed most, written by pre-teen and teenage clueless fanbrats. In short, it’s a goldmine.

So, to our first story chronicling the adventures of Kevin, Brian, AJ, Nick and Howie.
Title: Say you love me, Brother
Author: Cathy
Link:Here you go.

This entire story reads as if the person who wrote it put it through a poor language translator into English. Sadly, I don’t think she did. It’s set in a contemporary AU dystopia. The USA is at war with a shadowy, yet totally open group called the Tang. We never find out why, or where these Tang come from, what their motivation is, or what they’re trying to win. There appears to be no President, Senate or House of Representatives in the militarised USA and, indeed precious little in the way of Human rights, torture being commonplace.

The title has almost no relevance to the story, but slinks away in shame outdone, as the summary has little or no relevance to reality, or comprehension.

Summary: In a dangerous mission they had together, they were trapped in a very dangerous friendship and they were trapped by the gin that they created by their own. Could they handle it or else?

Quote :
(In a cold windy day)

(Picard) Not a very promising beginning.(/Picard)
Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. 724940

Kevin (Richardson), a Captain in the army and one of those special ops types Like James Bond, Kevin is a national hero, known by all, making his covert activities next to useless. Kevin seems to still live with his mother. I’m not saying anything, I’m just saying... you know. Somehow, for me, that would kill the mystique with James Bond.

Brian (Littrell) is Kevin’s Sergeant. He allows himself, through jealousy, to be tricked into giving the Tang the password to the computer system that defends all the US. And when I say, ’tricked’, the Tang pretty much ask him and he gives it to them. Howie (Dorough) is a computer genius and Co-General. How two Generals can work in one unit I have no idea, I guess a clear chain of command just isn’t needed.

AJ (McClean) is also Kevin’s Sergeant though we don’t actually get told this until nearly the end of the story. Nick (Carter) is the son of ‘ex-General Mr. Carter’, and the ex-General and General Wright are all for dumping Brian out of his job and giving it to Nick. Nick (Carter) isn’t even in the army. He hasn’t a day’s training. But apparently he can take over as Sergeant to Kevin and work on the Top Secret computer system that the whole US defence apparently depends upon. Security protocols for those of you who though lax was an airport in California.

So right away this whole story could have been written with original characters without changing a thing. The only things that remain of the 1990’s boy band are the names, the physical descriptions and the fact that Brian is Kevin’s cousin.

Throughout the story the US military and the Tang/Tangs, (it changes from paragraph to paragraph), vie with each other for supreme incompetence. Known enemy operatives can apparently waltz in and out of the US, even into military bases. The US Army are happy for people convicted of treason to present themselves to prison. How very Paris Hilton. The Tang/s’ great plan is to destroy a ‘watchtower’ which will destroy New York. They are to use a Hydro-bomb, which sounds like a water filled balloon. Shall we take a peak at the shear awfulness of this fiction?

Quote :
Kevin walks in. He find that house is really big and tidy. Mrs. Carter let him sat on the sofa. Kevin knows that set of sofa would be very expensive. Just look at the art.

*Summercorn looks around, bemused*

Quote :
It's hard to find one like that.

Like what? Fictional? Invisible? Yeah, I’d say. The discussion turns to Nick.

Quote :
"What do you think about him?" ask Mrs. Carter.
"He's gorgeous. Probably if he tried hard, he could be very excellent in the army.”
said Kevin.

Because what you really need when the chips are down and freedom is at stake, is gorgeous.

Quote :
"He won't be an army," said Mrs. Carter.
"What? What do you mean?"
"He's going to be a journalist. His brain is really good, you know. We'll send him to Switzerland for his journalist satisfaction," she said again.

Again? When did she say it before? What the hell is journalist satisfaction and why do you need to go to Switzerland to get it?

Quote :
"That's nothing, Kev. My mom really hates army while my dad is really fanatic about army," Nick said.
"Hmm, that's weird. How could they live together?" ask Kevin.
"They changed their mind after marriage. That's why," Nick explains.

You can see what Mrs. Carter means about Nick having a good brain. I mean, compared to her, he just about does. And, boy, Nick sure is a budding journalist, isn’t he? Look at his ability to clearly define and explain complex arguments in few words. His matchless ability with incisive logic. I mean, his grasp of vocabulary, syntax and tense are as such they must command respect.

Kevin and Howie work out that the computer has been - yet again - hacked.

Quote :
“It means, someone do had logged in the program but they ‘wash’ all of the
sense unless the green lines. I’m not sure whether they forgot or they were
actually didn’t know about the green lines,” Howie explains, “Do you got
it?”
“Oh god! This is terrible,” Kevin’s eyes widened, “Howie, you’re a computer
genius,”

I’m not sure ‘genius’ qualifies. I mean, I’d figured out something had washed all of the sense from this a long time ago. And, yes Kevin, it is terrible.

Once they know the password has - yet again - been figured out, the beady eye of suspicion falls on Kevin. He is arrested.

Quote :
“I’m not a betrayal! I mean… I’d took my life in danger to safe this country
and now the country wants to annoy me itself? This is really legally…” Kevin
turns to Howie.

Yes, it is really legally, Kev, but them’s the breaks. Sometimes the country just wants to annoy you itself. We’ve all been there.

The Tang use the data to find when their captured leader, Fenburn will be transferred and cook up a cunning plot to release him.

Quote :
“Okay, you guys know the plan. We’ll hide behind the hills and trees, and
when I give the sign, just shoot out the guns. Got it?” Lysander, the most
wise man in the Tangs required his plan.

Ought they to synchronise their watches, do you think? Or just go when they feel like it. After all, these details are important.

Read this story, if only for the torture scenes. They are pure comedy gold. I’ll leave you with these words of wisdom from Ex-General Mr. Carter. Cherish them. Treasure them. If anyone can understand them, let me know.

Quote :
"Don't try to protect yourself from the wind, captain. I'd been a captain before being a general. I start from above. That's why I don't want my son gets the captain form easily. If it's my place, I start since I'm a water carrier. But I let my son feel easy by letting him be your sergeant," said Mr. Carter.

Anyone? Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. 309696
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.   Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 8:24 am

Shocked No pale Upset

KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Back to top Go down
Vanilla-villa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Vanilla-villa

PostSubject: Re: Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.   Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:47 am

Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. 611762 Oh wow, this is amazing(ly bad)
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.   Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:06 am

I'm not going to rag on the writing, because clearly this has seen the inner workings of babelfish, but the plot itself is bad enough.

Quote :
"That's nothing, Kev. My mom really hates army while my dad is really fanatic about army," Nick said.
Yeah, because people with opposing viewpoints on one issue never get married. -.-
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.   Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 7:54 pm

Colbert May I have some bleach for my eyes?
Back to top Go down
StandupShady
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
StandupShady

PostSubject: Re: Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.   Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 3:57 pm

Haha, this is bloody amazing. Like it or not, its horrifically translated nature pretty much obscures any plot at all which might be intended. I mean, come on:

Quote :
sense unless the green lines.

Beh? Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. 367135
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.   Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:09 am

StandupShady wrote:
Haha, this is bloody amazing. Like it or not, its horrifically translated nature pretty much obscures any plot at all which might be intended. I mean, come on:

Quote :
sense unless the green lines.

Beh? Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. 367135

And when it does kind of make sense, it's sometimes worse.

Quote :
Captain Wahlberg once again beat Kevin by the scourge. So Kevin once again
screams.

Gives you a real feel for the gravitas of torture, eh?

Quote :
Captain Wahlberg swings his scourge to Kevin’s body. Kevin screams as loud
as he can. Captain Wahlberg once again scourges Kevin even harder. Kevin
screams louder through Howie’s ears.

Howie's ears are a loudhailer now.

Quote :
For sure, once again Kevin be scourged. He screams.

The subtlety of this makes it almost impenetrable. Reading between the lines, I think Kevin is being scourged and it keeps making him scream.

Quote :
Again he was scourged. Kevin can't stand anymore this time. He feels like
his skin been lacerate.

The phrase, 'no shit, Sherlock', seems appropriate.

grmblfjx wrote:
I'm not going to rag on the writing, because clearly this has seen the inner workings of babelfish, but the plot itself is bad enough.

Quote :
Yeah, because people with opposing viewpoints on one issue never get married. -.-

Moreover, if Nick's Dad liked the army and his mom hated it, if they both changed their minds about it after marriage, how come his dad still likes the army and his mom still hates it? Did they both change back? Did they change their minds to a kind of 'meh' after marriage and then reverted? Or...

You know that sound you get when you tread on a pane of glass wearing heavy work boots? A kind of high-pitched, splintering crack?

That was my mind breaking.
Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. 886522

Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.   Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:20 pm

Reidmar wrote:
Colbert May I have some bleach for my eyes?

First we should use it on the author's brain. Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. 961878
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.   Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Indeed, that would work wonders on getting this shit, and all cognitive thought, out of the author's brain.
Back to top Go down
Retard

Retard

PostSubject: Re: Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.   Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. EmptySat Nov 26, 2011 10:29 pm

But, but? I thought we were supposed to be going deeper? Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. 453357
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.   Say you love me, Brother.  Backstreet Boys. Empty

Back to top Go down

Say you love me, Brother. Backstreet Boys.
Page 1 of 1