Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It's Getting Real In Libya

Go down 
+29
grmblfjx
MacedonianSunWarrior
Hawaiian Shirt
zootie
Howithurts
zeke
rae
Verandering
Saleha
Sakurelf
ZoZo
Jesus.
The Unoriginal
Somath Cegem
Ghost in the Machine
TheHedonist
Lady Anne
Adagio
Penguin
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Braigwen
Spotts1701
tim gueguen
Cyberwulf
Electron Blue
Mikey Go WOOGA
Azzandra
Raine
Chris91
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:26 pm

Penguin wrote:
Next she'll be telling us about ATM machines and pizza pies.

I don't get this one.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:36 pm

TheHedonist wrote:
Penguin wrote:

I don't get this one.
A pizza is a pie. Calling it a pizza pie is redundant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Ghost in the Machine
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ghost in the Machine

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:25 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:
Penguin wrote:

I don't get this one.
Unless you are trying to differentiate from other pies that might be under discussion. You never want to mistake pizza pie for pumpkin pie. Cool
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:55 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
How the hell can anybody confuse Canada and Britain? Is it because we both have an NHS health system?

Yeah, I know, the UK played America's little bitch, and if we hadn't backed them up they'd have been in on it by themselves and they'd have pulled out a lot faster. God I'm ashamed of my country...

First Bold: Because you're both equally inferior at basketball and soccer (1-1 win, assclowns Cool )?

Second Bold: That's what she said. It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 961878

Ghost in the Machine wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:
Penguin wrote:

I don't get this one.

Unless you are trying to differentiate from other pies that might be under discussion. You never want to mistake pizza pie for pumpkin pie. Cool

Or if you're buying it by the slice. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:22 am

Ghost in the Machine wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
TheHedonist wrote:
Penguin wrote:

I don't get this one.

Nobody is ever going to mistake a pizza for a pumpkin pie.
Back to top Go down
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:19 am

Guys? people being shot in the street? protesters taking control of a city? Nope? Still on about pies? Fine.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:48 am

Somath Cegem wrote:
Guys? people being shot in the street? protesters taking control of a city? Nope? Still on about pies? Fine.

Pie. Pie never changes.

Throughout the ages, revolutions have started. Most burn out, stamped out by those they opposed. Sometimes, the revolutionaries outlived their revolutions, but in the end, the usual result was that they failed. When they succeeded, sometimes the people they put in place were worse than the ones they had overthrown. Revolution has always been a desperate gamble; the outcome never guaranteed. But when armchair analysts with minimal information could debate back and forth, while the hopeful cheered and the skeptics watched with caution, there was still pie. Pie never changes.

So shut the fuck up and have some goddamn pie.
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:02 am

Fallout Pie: New York Style
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:07 pm

Braigwen wrote:
Fallout Pie: New York Style
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Braigwen
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 2:08 pm

What? I was hungry at the time. And I forgot how to insert the symbol for Pi...
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Braigwen wrote:

ALT+227.

LAF haigh-ranking pilots have defected to Malta rather than bombing the protesters.
Here are the planes in question: you'll notice how 1) they look pretty well mantained, and 2) they're armed with air-to-ground rocket pods.

Meanwhile, Italy keeps collecting poor figures on the international scene, with Berlusconi "not calling Khadafi as I don't want to disturb him" as he's busy calling air raids on his people, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs asking the EU "not to meddle" with the Libyan crisis, which would maybe be sensible if there were some direct talks with the Italian government seeing as how we're supposed to be a privileged interlocutor with the Colonel. But there's none, just as there's no plan to repatriate the circa 1,500 workers in Libya. They've been told to "return with commercial flighs", which may seem easy for public servants sitting on their fanny in an office in Rome, where no one is taking potshots at you from the highest buldings for now, not as easy for a bunch of blue collars and engineers stuck on a pipeline in the middle of the desert, under the protection of armed guards who might as well flee or try and see how much your company will be paying for a ransom.

Khadafi recently paid a controversial visit to Rome, he held two lectures about Islam to an all-female audience (who were 'selected' by Libyan personnel and paid €50 to attend, as long as they did not talk to the press about the Colonel's 'teachings') and expressed the hope that all of Europe would become Islamic.
Words cannot express how happy I am at seeing the old swine fall so low, so hard. The problem is that unlike Egypt there don't seem to be many opposition leaders left to call for a stop to the fighting or a deal with the representatives of the regime.
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:06 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:
Braigwen wrote:

ALT+227.

Am I fucking it up, because its not working for me It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 309696
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:47 pm

How the hell can anybody confuse Canada and Britain?

Search me. Most of the people I know can tell them apart pretty easily.

But anyway, getting back to the situation in Libya, it's probably not an exaggeration-- or at least not a significant one --to suggest the defection of those two air force pilots may be symptomatic of a broader mutiny within the ranks of the Libyan military inspired by the civilian revolts going on in Tripoli and Benghazi. Khadafy could very well find himself being thrown out of power the same way he got in: an army officers' coup.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 9:25 am

Gaddafi's doing a live speech right now. It's absolutely bonkers. So far he's blamed the protesting on drug-addled mice, done some Horatio Caine-style glasses-on-dramatically, and is currently literally reading the riot act.

I don't think the Libyan people are going to be convinced to hold on to him.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:37 am

ZoZo wrote:
Gaddafi's doing a live speech right now. It's absolutely bonkers. So far he's blamed the protesting on drug-addled mice, done some Horatio Caine-style glasses-on-dramatically, and is currently literally reading the riot act.

Er, I think that was lost in translation. Here I read it as "the protesters are junkies and sewer rats." Also, the media are "in the hands of pariah dogs." (Hardly an animal lover, our friend Muammar). Also, Americans and Italians apparently handed over RPG rockets to kids in Bengazi.
The Italian government has finally got its act together and organized flights to repatriate our people once again in peril. Too bad the runway at Bengazi has been bombed to hell by now. The Russian and Turkish governments cannot get their planes to land, too.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 am

ZoZo wrote:

If anything, the speech might give them that much more reason to kick him out. It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 611762
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Chris91 wrote:
How the hell can anybody confuse Canada and Britain?

Search me. Most of the people I know can tell them apart pretty easily.

But anyway, getting back to the situation in Libya, it's probably not an exaggeration-- or at least not a significant one --to suggest the defection of those two air force pilots may be symptomatic of a broader mutiny within the ranks of the Libyan military inspired by the civilian revolts going on in Tripoli and Benghazi. Khadafy could very well find himself being thrown out of power the same way he got in: an army officers' coup.

Or maybe it's just some guys who were told to commit a fucking atrocity and said "No."
Back to top Go down
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Libya is closed for business

Quote :
WASHINGTON – The Obama administration froze assets of the Libyan government, leader Moammar Gadhafi and four of his children Friday, just hours after it closed the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli and evacuated its remaining staff. U.S. officials said announcements of the steps were withheld until Americans wishing to leave the country had departed as they feared Gadhafi might retaliate amid worsening violence in the North African country.

Here's hoping nobody got left behind when the US decided to skip town.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 8:23 am

Khadafy In A Race To See If He Can Beat Charlie Sheen To Prison

Quote :
THE HAGUE, Netherlands – The International Criminal Court will investigate Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi and his inner circle, including some of his sons, for possible crimes against humanity in the violent crackdown on anti-government protesters, the prosecutor said Thursday.

Luis Moreno-Ocampo said Gadhafi's security forces are alleged to have attacked "peaceful demonstrators" in several towns and cities across Libya since Feb. 15, and he identified Gadhafi and several commanders and regime officials as having formal or de facto command over the forces that may have committed crimes.

Moreno-Ocampo vowed there would be "no impunity in Libya."

Armed with unusual authority from the U.N. Security Council, Moreno-Ocampo acted with unprecedented haste to launch an investigation, partly to warn Libyan officials against any continued slaughter of civilians.

He said the court was using the opportunity "to put them on notice: If forces under their command commit crimes, they could be criminally responsible."
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:17 am

Gadhafi is gonna be lucky if he ends up in prison. The way he is going on, the mob is probably going to have his head on a stick sooner rather than later... and honestly, it couldn't happen to a nicer person.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 7:44 am

It'd be nothing less than what the son of a bitch deserves.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 8:54 am

I just hope and pray that the UK will just keep airlifting citizens and so on out, and not get involved in any kind of military action. We made a real mess of things the last time we did that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:39 am

Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:22 am

That picture is epic WIN. It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 961878
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 9:55 am

I want to see it, internet.
Let me see the pictuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Edit:
LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting Real In Libya   It's Getting Real In Libya - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Getting Real In Libya
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next