Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt

Go down 
+32
Jesus.
socke puppette
bleachedblackcat
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Mr.Doobie
TheHermit
Nevvy
lemmingwriter
rachel
TheHedonist
Notanoni
WD40
KGarrett
Alhazred
Spotts1701
I_Lam_Edhellen
Penguin
the asylum
Lady Anne
Rabid Badger
Lapin
Braigwen
Snake Bandage
Raine
KelinciHutan
Pierre Gringoire
grmblfjx
Chris91
Mikey Go WOOGA
ZoZo
Adagio
InkWeaver
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Yep, Mubaruk has finally seen sense and dropped out of office, although it took people killing several party members for him to realise it was time to stop digging.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
David Scott Hatfield

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:00 pm

I am afraid of this becoming just another take over by radical military junta, in this case Egyptian army, with no real change.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 5:30 pm

David Scott Hatfield wrote:
I am afraid of this becoming just another take over by radical military junta, in this case Egyptian army, with no real change.
That's only because it's what nearly always happens. Solon of Athens, Cincinnatus, George Washington... The list of those who willingly gave up power when their people no longer needed them in charge is longer than that, but I can't think of anyone else offhand.
Back to top Go down
Electron Blue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Electron Blue

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 6:41 pm

rachel wrote:
That's only because it's what nearly always happens. Solon of Athens, Cincinnatus, George Washington... The list of those who willingly gave up power when their people no longer needed them in charge is longer than that, but I can't think of anyone else offhand.
Wait, what? Washington? Guy who resigned after two terms despite people begging him for a third?
Bzuh?
Back to top Go down
David Scott Hatfield

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 7:51 pm

Electron Blue wrote:
rachel wrote:
Wait, what? Washington? Guy who resigned after two terms despite people begging him for a third?
Bzuh?

You misunderstood her. She said that Washington was among the few who willingly gave up power after what was, after all, a violent revolution.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:00 am

Well a military junta is not a bad thing in itself - think Portugal and the Carnation Coup. They also announced they'll hold to existing international treaties, so Snake Bandage can take a breath for the moment...
I may be mistaken, but I don't see Egypt developing into another Islamic theocracy in the near future - there aren't the charismatic figures needed for that.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:26 am

Electron Blue wrote:
rachel wrote:
Bzuh?
You misunderstood her. She said that Washington was among the few who willingly gave up power after what was, after all, a violent revolution.
Washington is a poor fit to this model for other reasons, though. There was a good five to six years between the end of the Revolutionary War and the start of his first term as President. Those people in charge under the Articles of Confederation aren't really good examples, either, since that system didn't really work the way it was supposed to anyway. The American Revolution was weird in terms of how revolutions usually work.

To be on topic, I'm also worried that this will be a "lateral political move" for Egypt. But other than wait and see (and hope Snake Bandage can stay safe), I don't think there's much we can really do about it.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:10 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
Washington is a poor fit to this model for other reasons, though. There was a good five to six years between the end of the Revolutionary War and the start of his first term as President.
Huh? Whiskey Rebellion, anyone? And how about the Northwest Indian War? Sure the American Revolution had been well over by the time Washington was elected, but that does not mean the country had been peaceful and stable from that point. He could have pointed with alarm at these and other problems and made a credible claim that the country still needed him in charge, but he didn't.
Back to top Go down
Knorg
Behind Blue Eyes
Behind Blue Eyes
Knorg

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 1:47 pm

Kick out an autocratic ruler!

celebrate with rape!

Quote :
Senior CBS correspondent Lara Logan is recovering in hospital in the US after she was beaten and sexually assaulted by a mob while covering the Egyptian protests, the US network says.

...assholes.

And, don't forget the fellow at New York University's Center for Law and Security, who had to resign after declaring he had no sympathy and saw the humor in it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Knorg wrote:
Kick out an autocratic ruler!

celebrate with rape!

Quote :
Senior CBS correspondent Lara Logan is recovering in hospital in the US after she was beaten and sexually assaulted by a mob while covering the Egyptian protests, the US network says.

...assholes.

And, don't forget the fellow at New York University's Center for Law and Security, who had to resign after declaring he had no sympathy and saw the humor in it:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I think this is as good a place as any to point out that Debbie Schlussel is a cunt. (I did link to her website there, but then I looked at it, and couldn't bring myself to have that window open on my browser, or provide an easy way to give it hits. Find it yourselves if you must, but I'm warning you, if you have a shred of human decency in you, it will make you sick.

Anyway, onto the story....

Fuck it. She said this:

Quote :
So sad, too bad, Lara. No one told her to go there. She knew the risks. And she should have known what Islam is all about. Now she knows. Or so we’d hope. But in the case of the media vis-a-vis Islam, that’s a hope that’s generally unanswered.

This never happened to her or any other mainstream media reporter when Mubarak was allowed to treat his country of savages in the only way they can be controlled.

Now that’s all gone. How fitting that Lara Logan was “liberated” by Muslims in Liberation Square while she was gushing over the other part of the “liberation.”

Hope you’re enjoying the revolution, Lara! Alhamdilllullah [praise allah].

There are no fucking words...
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 3:12 pm

Rape is not what Islam is about. I mean, it happens a lot, but that's not what it's SUPPOSED to be about. You might as well go and claim that Christianity is about paedophiles being given free reign.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Braigwen
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Why yes, I am a Rocket Scientist!
Braigwen

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 9:37 pm

*Reads links* Excuse me. I am going to print out a copy of that person's head and get some target practice.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 9:09 am

Oh my god you just had to remind me that Debbie Schlussel exists. I had forgotten about her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt   Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shit Has Gotten Real in Egypt
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5