Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PETA is upset with Obama.

Go down 
+29
VB
Chris91
Animir
ZoZo
gaijinguy
Bamshalam
Manny
Reepicheep-chan
Melissa
Root Admin
Sloth
InkWeaver
Mikey Go WOOGA
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
EileenK98
Spotts1701
saeku
Trioculus
Fitchsticks
grmblfjx
unskilled78
anangrychocobo
Knight
Lady Anne
A_Note_Chaotic
Cyberwulf
Mafiosa
KelinciHutan
merryb87
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
merryb87

merryb87

PETA is upset with Obama. Empty
PostSubject: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:36 pm

But not for buying all those burgers.

PETA wishes Obama hadn't swatted that fly

Quote :
The group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals wants the flyswatter in chief to try taking a more humane attitude the next time he's bedeviled by a fly in the White House.

All they want to do is annoy you Mr. President.

Quote :
PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

Now he just has to learn to catch flys.

Quote :
Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Everything upsets PETA.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Wait, over the fly? Seriously?

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:47 pm

I saw this on the news and I fucking loled.

If I could erase one organization from existence it would be PETA.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 5:50 pm

Yes, swatting a fly shows he's not perfect.

Not, you know, being wishy-washy and caving to the Right on LGBTQI issues, for example.
Back to top Go down
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 6:54 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:

Not, you know, being wishy-washy and caving to the Right on LGBTQI issues, for example.

(I just wanted to second the grr on this - why is he only giving benefits to federal employees, and only some benefits? It's just freaking unreasonable and feels like he's teasing people.)
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 6:56 pm

A_Note_Chaotic wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

(I just wanted to second the grr on this - why is he only giving benefits to federal employees, and only some benefits? It's just freaking unreasonable and feels like he's teasing people.)
And federal flies don't get anything! PETA is upset with Obama. 585516
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 7:16 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
A_Note_Chaotic wrote:
Cyberwulf wrote:

And federal flies don't get anything! PETA is upset with Obama. 585516

Except a horrible painful death.
Back to top Go down
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
LGBTQI

This freaking acronym gets longer ever single time I see it. So... What's the I stand for?
Back to top Go down
anangrychocobo
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySat Jun 20, 2009 8:30 pm

Intersex, I assume. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
unskilled78
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 1:37 am

A_Note_Chaotic wrote:

Because, as far as I know, the government does not give benefits to non-federal employees, nor has it legislated that employers must grant benefits at all.
(Feel free to correct me on this, if I am incorrect.)

Also, Can the president do that, does the budget just have a large entry on it, "whatever pet project Obama has in mind"? scratch
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 5:35 am

Quote :
Still, "swatting a fly on TV indicates he's not perfect," Friedrich said, "and we're happy to say that we wish he hadn't."

Wait- "we would have liked to keep believing Potus is a flawlessly perfectly perfect superhuman entity"?

PETA is upset with Obama. 724940

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PETA is upset with Obama. 199471
Back to top Go down
Fitchsticks
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Fitchsticks

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:53 am

Christ, PETA are always good for a laugh. I for one hope they keep on trucking, they brighten my day. Remember that game they came up with around Thanksgiving to demonstrate how you make gravy from scrags of turkey gizzard and feathers, and that a turkey made entirely from tofu was much more appetising?

Bless them.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:37 am

They'll have a hard time topping the "Sea Kittens", though PETA is upset with Obama. 611762
Back to top Go down
saeku
Fapmaster
Fapmaster

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:47 am

This fly-swatting incident definitely adds more credence to the theory that Obama is actually a ninja. Now, I can't think of any ninjas born in Hawaii.

Where's the birth certificate?
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 10:19 am

unskilled78 wrote:
A_Note_Chaotic wrote:

Because, as far as I know, the government does not give benefits to non-federal employees, nor has it legislated that employers must grant benefits at all.
(Feel free to correct me on this, if I am incorrect.)

Also, Can the president do that, does the budget just have a large entry on it, "whatever pet project Obama has in mind"? scratch

Clarification is in order: He is granting some federal benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees. However, they are not receiving all of the benefits that spouses of federal employees receive (such as health care benefits).

So this isn't really a pet project so much as a partial expansion of a pre-existing system.
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:22 am

Oh, PETA. Rolling Eyes Seriously, since when are annoying insects considered "animals"?
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:27 pm

To put it the basic way... Peta's always getting upset with somebody.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:28 pm

merryb87 wrote:
Quote :
PETA is sending President Barack Obama a Katcha Bug Humane Bug Catcher, a device that allows users to trap a house fly and then release it outside.

Now he just has to learn to catch flys.

I can't remember the name of the comic, but he had a bit about this.

"I have environmentalist friend who don't like me squishing spiders."

"'Put it outside,' they say"

"Why, so he can go to his friends and go 'Hey, it's warm in there'? No, screw that."

Cyberwulf wrote:

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, what the hell does Q stand for? Quiet? OH LAWDY, HE FAILED TO KEEP HIS PROMISE TO THE MUTES!1!!

Is the I for idiot?

Aww, Obama let Mikey down by not standing up for the common Idiot. pale
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:29 pm

No, the I is for stfu
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 6:42 pm

Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transsexual/gender
Queer
Intersex

Oh Mikey, nice ableism while you're at it because as we all know HURRRR MUTES AREN'T PEOPLE

Go jump in front of a fucking truck.
Back to top Go down
Sloth
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Sloth

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 7:21 pm

You know, I don't think that acronym is long enough. It leaves out aesexuals. So let's call it LGBTQIA.

We still missing something?
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:28 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
Oh, PETA. Rolling Eyes Seriously, since when are annoying insects considered "animals"?
Well, technically they are, since they belong to the kingdom Animalia--just like humans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Knight
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Knight

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 8:52 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transsexual/gender
Queer
Intersex

Oh Mikey, nice ableism while you're at it because as we all know HURRRR MUTES AREN'T PEOPLE

Go jump in front of a fucking truck.

Um... correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Queer supposed to be offensive to gay people? I thought that the Q was for Questioning. I mean, throwing in the Q just seems kind of redundant to me if it means Queer. And forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, but isn't Intersex the same thing as Transsexual, or is Intersex the PC term for people that were born as Hermaphrodites?

Edit to clarify: I don't see PC terms as bad, and hope it didn't come off that way, just curious.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 9:15 pm

Knight wrote:
And forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, but isn't Intersex the same thing as Transsexual, or is Intersex the PC term for people that were born as Hermaphrodites?

Intersex is when people are born with ambiguous genitalia that do not conform to the medical standards of what is considered a baby boy or girl, causing mass confusion regarding the child's gender and how to raise hir. Transsexual/Transgender people are born one gender, but feel to be the other, or neither, or a combination of genders.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. EmptySun Jun 21, 2009 11:03 pm

saeku wrote:
This fly-swatting incident definitely adds more credence to the theory that Obama is actually a ninja. Now, I can't think of any ninjas born in Hawaii.

Where's the birth certificate?

Oh, but he is a ninja! I have proof!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PETA is upset with Obama.   PETA is upset with Obama. Empty

Back to top Go down

PETA is upset with Obama.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next