Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....

Go down 
+24
myeerah
Cyberwulf
karmyn31
Rabid Badger
Sutremaine
Jay/Cris
Penguin
Lapin
Verandering
gaijinguy
Mikey Go WOOGA
Ceres
Malganis
EileenK98
Trioculus
Fairlight
Miss Misery
Dr. Professor Science
Bezron
SirDixonDongs
Dick Powers
Mafiosa
Jesus.
kelly
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:06 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:
whose their

Orange.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:27 pm

Ceres wrote:
Lots of people seem to have objected to my comments on American insularism. Why should you care about a celebrity that’s not famous on your shores, after all?

That's precisely the point.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Penguin wrote:
Ceres wrote:
Lots of people seem to have objected to my comments on American insularism. Why should you care about a celebrity that’s not famous on your shores, after all?

That's precisely the point.

THIS. However much this may mean to you, to me, this is an extremely dated joke, along the lines of Macarena, Who Let The Dogs Out, and New Kids on the Black. Is that because I'm some vindictive racist who loathes hispanics? Don't be an ass, it's because this guy was, in this country, a one-hit wonder who followed the white dwarf career path that implies. The end.
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:48 pm

And all I'm saying that just because it looks like this from inside, stuff looks different from outside. You're free to dismiss him from inside, but having read my spiel, now you have another perspective, which can now only be erased by a bullet. You're welcome!
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 10:57 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
SirDixonDongs wrote:
whose their

Orange.

ornge who
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:38 am

SirDixonDongs wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
SirDixonDongs wrote:
whose their

Orange.

ornge who

Orange you pissed off I'm still being unfunny? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ceres wrote:
And all I'm saying that just because it looks like this from inside,
stuff looks different from outside. You're free to dismiss him from
inside, but having read my spiel, now you have another perspective,
which can now only be erased by a bullet. You're welcome!

Awesome, now I know how a stuck up retard would view this situation. That helps how?

And all of this about the American media antagonizing him for a decade when I haven't heard about him in a fucking decade. Some doucher tabloid "journalist" does not constitute the media.
Back to top Go down
Bezron

Bezron

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 7:38 am

Ceres wrote:
Because Germany has been doing pretty well for itself, while Latin America has been a victim of misguided American expansionism in the first half of the 20th century, then ignored
completely after the fall of communism.

You're Puerto Rican, aren't you?
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 10:03 am

Obviously, yeah I'm Puerto Rican. There's a dubious privilege to being Puerto Rican, you belong to the States, but aren't part of it. So in a way, you can see both sides of the cultural spectrum, but you can't seem to join any side fully.

But there is other, seperate reason why a gay man's coming out getting mocked for it is not good. Stephen Colbert might see it as good natured ribbing, but do you think the Mormons that waged war against gay marriage see it that way? Asshole or talentless victims are still victims. Gay rights advocates should damn well panic when media circuses like these happen, because today it's a washed up pop star, tomorrow it's a lesbian whose denied a prom.
Back to top Go down
Bezron

Bezron

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 10:15 am

Wow, really digging there, aren't you?

As for the Puerto Rican thing, you tend to fall into two distinct types: the ones who bitch about American expansionism because they are butthurt about being only a territory (while having representation and having been offered statehood multiple times), and the ones who realize that the aid that the US pumps into the area, due to being a territory, is a very good thing.

Neither group refuses the aid, though, do they?
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:40 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
SirDixonDongs wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
SirDixonDongs wrote:
whose their

Orange.

ornge who

Orange you pissed off I'm still being unfunny? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

nt rly its kind of par for the course dude Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 896582
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 11:51 am

Nihilist wrote:
Ceres wrote:
And all I'm saying that just because it looks like this from inside, stuff looks different from outside. You're free to dismiss him from inside, but having read my spiel, now you have another perspective, which can now only be erased by a bullet. You're welcome!
You know, if it's any consolation, I agree with you completely.
I do, too. Maybe it's just having been exposed to the Latin American scene in regards to him, because if I recall correctly, I went and visited my mother's family in South America around the time he surfaced to the US, and I was fortunate enough to like a lot of his music.

Nihilist wrote:
Sure, he may have been the equivalent of a "one-hit wonder" in the United States, but then, look at all the other one-hit wonders from around the world. Most bands/artists have them. One of my favorite bands, KMFDM*, never had one, but that doesn't mean they're less relevant or not any good. They're awesome. Just, the pop music industry doesn't back talent, it wants what sells. But then, there's no point in hating on the pop music scene, you know? Some are pretty fucking talented and innovative considering. Sure, you get 90% shit, but the same percentage of underground bands are shit too, no matter where they come from.

Most of my favourite bands are little known wherever I end up living, haha. Although I don't tend to be into a lot of pop music because it's reinforces a lot of things I am uncomfortable with about mainstream society, I'm not going to pass any judgements on the industry's overall talents. I think I just stay away from it because of the discomfort I feel with the hetero- and cis-normativity all up in there. I mean, I like some pop music, it's catchy and easy to listen to. I just prefer radically different music with different approaches that don't rely on a typical or even any particular image.

Nihilist wrote:
Hell, I admit to feeling uncomfortable around people who are like me sometimes, it's only human.

True enough. I'm outside gender binary and it even takes me a moment to process unexpected deliberate acts of non-gender binary expression. Societal conditioning is inescapable (but also, it's hard to predict whether someone is making fun of gender binary, or making fun of people who don't fit gender binary).
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:05 pm

Bezron wrote:

As for the Puerto Rican thing, you tend to fall into two distinct types: the ones who bitch about American expansionism because they are butthurt about being only a territory (while having representation and having been offered statehood multiple times), and the ones who realize that the aid that the US pumps into the area, due to being a territory, is a very good thing.

OH FUCK OFF
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:09 pm

Bezron wrote:

Oh wow, you really just said that.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:11 pm

welp

now its a tie between ezri and bezron

i vote we ban all users with a z in theyre names for racism
Back to top Go down
Bezron

Bezron

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Oh piss off, I'm not the one that tired to bring "American expansionism" into a conversation about how Ricky Martin is gay. All because she butthurt because people had already figured it out and said as much.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:21 pm

Bezron wrote:
Oh piss off, I'm not the one that tired to bring "American expansionism" into a conversation about how Ricky Martin is gay. All because she butthurt because people had already figured it out and said as much.

She seems more pissed about how the United States media is treating the announcement. And it was no reason for you to start with the "you people" BS.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Protip: You are responsible for your own behaviour (or posts, as it were). Don't try to brush off the backlash reactions from it by pointing at someone else.
Back to top Go down
Bezron

Bezron

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:24 pm

I agree, she is pissed off about how the media is treating the announcement, which is no reason to try to drag "American expansionism" into it.

Also, it's not racism, it's politics. I will cop to it being poorly worded, but the you people refers more to the ideals surrounding Puerto Rico being a territory of the US.
Back to top Go down
Bezron

Bezron

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Nihilist wrote:
No, it's more of an "outsider looking in" point of view than anything.

How so? Am I not allowed to have an opinion on US/territorial relations?
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Bezron wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
No, it's more of an "outsider looking in" point of view than anything.

How so? Am I not allowed to have an opinion on US/territorial relations?

You most certainly are.
But be prepared to be told when you're letting your zealousness go too far.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:44 pm

everyone's a little bit racist today

so everyone's a little bit racist okaaaaay
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:45 pm

GODDAMN VIRGINIANS.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 12:56 pm

ETHNIC JOKES MIGHT BE UNCOUTH
BUT YOU LAUGH BECAUSE THEY'RE BASED ON TRUTH
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:09 pm

DON'T TAKE THEM AS PERSONAL ATTAAAAAAAAAACKS

EVERYONE ENJOYS THEM

SO RELAX
Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Hey, guys. What are you laughing about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next