Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....

Go down 
+24
myeerah
Cyberwulf
karmyn31
Rabid Badger
Sutremaine
Jay/Cris
Penguin
Lapin
Verandering
gaijinguy
Mikey Go WOOGA
Ceres
Malganis
EileenK98
Trioculus
Fairlight
Miss Misery
Dr. Professor Science
Bezron
SirDixonDongs
Dick Powers
Mafiosa
Jesus.
kelly
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
kelly
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... Empty
PostSubject: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:21 am

the Vancouver Sun reports that Ricky Martin is gay, surprising anyone? anyone at all? persobally I thought he was already out [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:24 am

Sadly, this did surprise some people I know. And that surprised me. The day ended with a lot of Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... 846489
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:46 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Everyone, I'm gay!"
"We know, Ricky."
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:48 am

This is as shocking when Clay Akin came out.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:50 am

i used to have a huge crush on this motherfucker

i just thought he was metro as fuck
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 11:50 am

~~~my chances aren't as slim as i once thought~~~
Back to top Go down
Bezron

Bezron

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Dick Powers wrote:

Or Lance Bass
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:05 pm

Bezron wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:

Or Lance Bass

Doesn't he have a pink car?
Back to top Go down
Bezron

Bezron

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
Bezron wrote:
Dick Powers wrote:

Or Lance Bass

Doesn't he have a pink car?

No idea, I honestly only paid any attention to him when he came out...and that attention was only to do a "we know, Lance" joke at work.

(I'm probably being thick and missing something obvious, though)
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 1:33 pm

I'd rather talk about James Randi. At least he's cool.
Back to top Go down
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 2:27 pm

This just in: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet.

In other news, the sky is blue and water is wet.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:23 pm

I don't understand why people still make such a big deal about all the "coming out" stuff. Being gay isn't supposed to be a big deal any more, that's kind of the point of progress.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 3:42 pm

I think a lot of it might have more to do with some of them loudly saying "NO I'M NOT GAY I'M NOT I'M NOT I'M NOT!!!" so that they won't alienate potential fans (homophobes buy CDs too!!!) and sponsors.

Then of course, years later, after hardly anybody cares, they announce "Okay, I really am!" just to get their names in the papers and blogs again, if only for a day.

Or at least that's how I see it.

I don't care whether Ricky Martin likes the cock or the vajayay, just whether his music is good (and for the most part, to me it isn't). My first guideline of whether a celebrity is overexposed (Or washed up, in this case) is whether people are talking more about who they're banging than about whatever work they're famous for in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:04 pm

Fairlight wrote:
Being gay isn't supposed to be a big deal any more, that's kind of the point of progress.

Yes, being gay is still a "big deal" to many people.

Next you're going to tell me that we live in a post-racism world.
Back to top Go down
kelly
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:05 pm

Trioculus wrote:
I think a lot of it might have more to do with some of them loudly saying "NO I'M NOT GAY I'M NOT I'M NOT I'M NOT!!!" so that they won't alienate potential fans (homophobes buy CDs too!!!) and sponsors.

Then of course, years later, after hardly anybody cares, they announce "Okay, I really am!" just to get their names in the papers and blogs again, if only for a day.

Or at least that's how I see it.

I don't care whether Ricky Martin likes the cock or the vajayay, just whether his music is good (and for the most part, to me it isn't). My first guideline of whether a celebrity is overexposed (Or washed up, in this case) is whether people are talking more about who they're banging than about whatever work they're famous for in the first place.

ITA!

what can I say I'm naive and idealistic, I'd like to think if a celeb happins to be gay/stright/only attracted to ET then they would be honest about it and would suffer no reprecussions and in return the public would move on
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:18 pm

Fairlight wrote:
I don't understand why people still make such a big deal about all the "coming out" stuff. Being gay isn't supposed to be a big deal any more, that's kind of the point of progress.
Because discrimination and prejudice isn't even close to eliminated or over. There is way more progress to be made.

Quote :
"NO I'M NOT GAY I'M NOT I'M NOT I'M NOT!!!"

I read that to the tune of She Bangs. Razz
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:50 pm

I firmly believe that your sexual orientation is the business of two people: you, and your partner or potential partner. Not the government, not the media, and not Joe Blow off the street. Who cares?
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:11 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
I firmly believe that your sexual orientation is the business of two people: you, and your partner or potential partner. Not the government, not the media, and not Joe Blow off the street. Who cares?

That's called "being in the closet", bb.

Seriously, you should have just said "All them queers should stay in the damn closet. No one wants them rubbing their homosexuality in our faces."

THIS. IS. PROGRESSION.

Last edited by Dick Powers on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:17 pm

i make it a point to tell everyone im gay

all the time

every day

like, i have this guy following me around with a sandwich board on

it says

"THE GUY IN FRONT OF ME IS AN ENORMOUS FAG"
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:20 pm

SirDixonDongs wrote:

all the time

every day

it says

Do you also rub your junk in the faces of straight men to make sure they understand just how gay your are?
Back to top Go down
Jesus.
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Jesus.

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:31 pm

EileenK98 wrote:
Sexual orientation is just as much a part of your identity as anything else. Whose business it is shouldn't be up for discussion. Who should know shouldn't be selected or restricted. While that doesn't mean you should tell the world, it just doesn't necessarily mean it should be something you need to be conscious of as to who knows and who doesn't. IMO.
Back to top Go down
SirDixonDongs
SirDixonDongs

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:35 pm

Dick Powers wrote:
SirDixonDongs wrote:

all the time

every day

it says

Do you also rub your junk in the faces of straight men to make sure they understand just how gay your are?

well duh thats a given
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:35 pm

he should hook up with Lance Bass and Clay Aiken for a washed-up former teen idol celebrity threesome
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Jesus. wrote:
Fairlight wrote:
Because discrimination and prejudice isn't even close to eliminated or over. There is way more progress to be made.
Maybe there is, but the longer people continue to make a big thing out of being gay and out of telling people that you are gay, the longer it'll take for that prejudice to be eliminated, right?
Surely if you want people to accept something as normal, you have to treat it as being normal.

If anyone ever complains, "you never said you were gay."
Wouldn't a good response be, "I never said I wasn't either, it's not my fault if you just assumed." [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 pm

Confessions of a Ricky Martin stan from the old days:

I've been a fan from the "Vuelve" days, and he was a superstar long before he made it big in the States. Even though he's no longer important in the US, he's still the most important star in Latin America. That Americans don't know it speaks of more of American insular thinking and lack of worldview than his musical talent.

Here in Puerto Rico, we've known he was gay even before he made it big in the US, but we've never really cared that much and loved him anyway. Yes, there are always vicious comments, but all the real vitrol against
him came from American media, who quickly made him a punchline. Latino media, even at its worse, was never insulting.

American media hounded him for 10 long years, focusing on the gay talk instead of noticing that Ricky has always been a class act and a humanitarian, which speaks more of the media's homophobia than his gayness. I don't know why he waited that long, but putting up with the homophobic haters couldn't have helped his journey to self-discovery. If he didn't say so before, its because he's human and living out your personal issues in public can't be easy.

But it's good that RM has finally put an end to this bullshit, so they can finally focus on his music and good works.

(That said, you'd think the Pope died and came back as a zombie. Yes, its good that he came out, but its hardly CNN headlines news material.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....   Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, not GAFF so much as....
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next