Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Woman live-twits her abortion

Go down 
+22
TheHermit
grmblfjx
Cyberwulf
Cactus Wren
Freezer
Delcat
Seule
ZoZo
Trioculus
Mr.Doobie
Verandering
gaijinguy
spoonhead75
Mikey Go WOOGA
Miss Prince
Rabid Badger
Mafiosa
InkWeaver
KelinciHutan
Zeiss Manifold
rachel
Ceres
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ceres
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Ceres

Woman live-twits her abortion Empty
PostSubject: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:07 pm

You know nothing gets WGW blood going like an abortion thread, the last one's already petered out. Anyone want seconds?

Link! Just what it says on the tin, basically. I get that she was trying to make a point, but I believe there are better ways to do that.

Anyway, the real stupidity is in the comments, which are predicable enough.

Go ahead, wank ahead. You know you want to.
Do it.
Dooooo iiiiiit.
Back to top Go down
rachel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Not weird enough. Get back to me when you find "Baby live-twits his circumcision."
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:10 pm

IF FETUSES HAD THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS ABORTIONS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:11 pm

It's "tweet," by the way. Not "twit."
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 6:22 pm

I'm pretty sure Ceres meant "twit" as an insult, since the article says "live-tweet" in the title.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Mankind continues to misuse technology for stupid reasons, others join in. News at 11.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 pm

I have no problem with her chosing to have an abortion, but is this really the sort of thing you need to be tweeting to everyone you know? It's like the guy who tweeted about how he'd just got married before he even kissed the bride. The world does NOT an update every time someone most of us don't know and could really care less about spits, farts or makes a sandwich.

YOUR LIFE IS NOT THAT FASCINATING!
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:23 pm

In b4 "I'M A TWITTER SHITTER"
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 9:27 pm

I don't know, she was consciously making an attempt to demystify the procedure, not just tweeting randomly because she doesn't understand the concept of TMI. I don't see how there's anything godawful here but the death threats.

And now I resolve to close this thread and never open it again so I don't have to deal with the dumb things people will eventually say.
Back to top Go down
Zeiss Manifold
Ants got into everyone
Ants got into everyone
Zeiss Manifold

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:52 pm

Miss Prince wrote:
And now I resolve to close this thread and never open it again so I don't have to deal with the dumb things people will eventually say.
WHY IS THAT FETUSES ALWAYS SPRING FOR ASSHOLES INSTEAD OF NICE GUYS
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 10:55 pm

Zeiss Manifold wrote:
Miss Prince wrote:
I didn't abort this fetus for you, I did it for people who would appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 11:21 pm

Steph wrote:
And now I resolve to close this thread and never open it again so I
don't have to deal with the dumb things people will eventually say.

You mean indescribably stupid things like

Steph wrote:
I don't know, she was consciously making an attempt to demystify the
procedure, not just tweeting randomly because she doesn't understand
the concept of TMI. I don't see how there's anything godawful here but
the death threats.

? Colbert

I'm sure there are plenty of medical videos/texts/blogs/Wikipedia articles on abortion that where made by pros/Wikitards that would serve the purpose infinitely better than some amateur attention whore.

And that's all this woman is, an attention whore. And the first thing an attention whore does when you call it an attention whore is try to come up with some explanation of how they aren't really an attention whore.

As for the death threats, people need to find better things to occupy their time with than giving an attention whore attention.
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:03 am

Mafiosa wrote:
Zeiss Manifold wrote:
Miss Prince wrote:
I didn't conceive this baby for the likes of you!
Back to top Go down
spoonhead75
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spoonhead75

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:24 am

So. She basically discribed the average experieance of a miscarriage. Only that this one was induced by medication.

I expected something spectacular, like sitting through it with her laptop on her breast at the doctors typing details about how her Vacuum Aspiration was proceeding.

Besides, I think the "what's so bad about abortion" thingy is more a psychological one.
And it doesn't mean anything that she was fine with it. So was my friend.
But other women might not.

What is there to "demystify"?
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 1:42 am

klotterbeck wrote:

I expected something spectacular, like sitting through it with her laptop on her breast at the doctors typing details about how her Vacuum Aspiration was proceeding.

Yeah, I was kind of expecting that too. Some part of me was hoping that she'd go whole-hog and get a partial-birth with only local anesthetic so we could get a play-by-play.

This is just sorta weak.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:12 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
YOUR LIFE IS NOT THAT FASCINATING!

Truth: any and every private use of Twitter is born, nurtured, and killed in overflowing egocentricism. This is only somewhat excusable by celebrities, because taking fame has to come with a degree of it already, and tons of people would actually be interested in that nonsense. Also businesses and site maintenance, but that would be much slower activity.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 9:37 am

Miss Prince wrote:
I don't know, she was consciously making an attempt to demystify the procedure, not just tweeting randomly because she doesn't understand the concept of TMI.

In other words: She's a raging attention whore in denial.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 9:38 am

InkWeaver wrote:
Mafiosa wrote:
Zeiss Manifold wrote:
Miss Prince wrote:
I didn't conceive this baby for the likes of you!

Does this Twit Tweeter know Waffles? Maybe she is Waffles!
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:02 am

I think this woman is fantastically brave to talk about her experiences, and I think there is a lot to demystify about abortion. She talked about the feeling, her emotions, the stuff that only ever gets discussed in quiet little whispers. Why should it have to be something to be silent about? After all, people live-tweet about their pregnancies. Why should this be any different?

Also, the shit she got for it is absolutely disgusting.
Back to top Go down
spoonhead75
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
spoonhead75

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:24 am

ZoZo wrote:
I think this woman is fantastically brave to talk about her experiences, and I think there is a lot to demystify about abortion. She talked about the feeling, her emotions, the stuff that only ever gets discussed in quiet little whispers. Why should it have to be something to be silent about?

I wouldn't say it should be something to be silent about - but you cannot demystify a personal experience and emotions.

It's simply something you cannot generalize.

Every BIRTH is different. So is every MISCARRIAGE. So is every ABORTION.
A mother who gives birth to six children will experience six different births and her feelings and emotions will be unique for every birth.

I could give you a rather detailed record (or rather two detailed records) about the two births I have experienced and it would tell you NOTHING.

Because yours will/would be completely different.

There's just no point to prove. IMO. However this woman felt about her abortion tells you nothing about how you might feel about your own.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:39 am

ZoZo wrote:
I think this woman is fantastically brave to talk about her experiences, and I think there is a lot to demystify about abortion. She talked about the feeling, her emotions, the stuff that only ever gets discussed in quiet little whispers. Why should it have to be something to be silent about? After all, people live-tweet about their pregnancies. Why should this be any different?

Also, the shit she got for it is absolutely disgusting.

Oh, she tweeted about her emotions and stuff? I thought it was a blow by blow, technical account of everything that happened. But than, I didn't watch her YouTube video, I kinda just assumed she was being an attention whore (like most people on Twitter).

Maybe I'm prejudiced because I really didn't give a damn?
Back to top Go down
Seule
My Mescaline
My Mescaline
Seule

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 12:03 pm

I think that this was actually sort of cool. I mean, yeah, it's a little TMI and whatever massive attention whore blah blah blah but it's a great, down-to-earth way of showing people exactly what to expect, both physically and mentally. Because people should be able to talk about this.

(Bad comparison approaching) It's like... like when you have a minor operation, or some dental work, or start to take medication. You want to know what it's like, both on the technical side and on the human side - if it'll hurt, how it'll feel, what you'll feel like before and after.

People should be able to share their experiences in order to prepare others, to make them less afraid and to help them decide what they want to do.

And maybe it's just my super-liberal European-ness talking, but I really don't see why this should be a big deal. :/
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 3:30 pm

klotterbeck wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
I think this woman is fantastically brave to talk about her experiences, and I think there is a lot to demystify about abortion. She talked about the feeling, her emotions, the stuff that only ever gets discussed in quiet little whispers. Why should it have to be something to be silent about?

I wouldn't say it should be something to be silent about - but you cannot demystify a personal experience and emotions.

It's simply something you cannot generalize.

Every BIRTH is different. So is every MISCARRIAGE. So is every ABORTION.
A mother who gives birth to six children will experience six different births and her feelings and emotions will be unique for every birth.

I could give you a rather detailed record (or rather two detailed records) about the two births I have experienced and it would tell you NOTHING.

Because yours will/would be completely different.

There's just no point to prove. IMO. However this woman felt about her abortion tells you nothing about how you might feel about your own.

It does promote the idea that women shouldn't have to be ashamed of talking about a normal, available medical procedure. It does promote the idea that getting an abortion and then wanting to speak out about it shouldn't be something you're shamed for, something you should remain hush-hush about.

Everyone woman's experiences are different, but knowing that many other women have had abortions and aren't afraid to talk about it could help a lot of people. There is a point to prove, and this lady is proving it. I admire her.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 10:16 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Actually, that's a disorder endemic to ALL Twitter-users.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:02 pm

Delcat wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:
Actually, that's a disorder endemic to ALL Twitter-users.

Andy Warhol's 15 minutes of fame now stands at roughly 30 seconds (and is showing signs of slipping to 10)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman live-twits her abortion   Woman live-twits her abortion Empty

Back to top Go down

Woman live-twits her abortion
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next