Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Remember Blagojevich?

Go down 
+9
Reidmar
Miss Misery
Manny
Spotts1701
Rabid Badger
Psy-4
Lembech
Bamshalam
grmblfjx
13 posters
AuthorMessage
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

Remember Blagojevich? Empty
PostSubject: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 12:52 pm

If you don't: when Obama's seat in the senate became vacant through sudden promotion, this dude wanted to auction it off. Wikipedia remembers it as follows:

Quote :
The Justice Department complaint alleges that the governor conspired to commit several "pay to play" schemes, including attempting "to obtain personal gain ... through the corrupt use" of his authority to fill Barack Obama's vacated United States Senate seat. In a press briefing on the investigation, U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald characterized the scheme as auctioning the seat off to "the highest bidder".

So yeah, that guy. Apparently his latest career move was an interview with Esquire magazine, in which he said some really convincing things (and here, let me bold them for you):

Quote :
"What the (expletive)? Everything he's saying's on the teleprompter," Blagojevich told the magazine for a story that hits newsstands Jan. 19.
"I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived," Blagojevich said. "I saw it all growing up."
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ok, and if the article is supposed to be printed next week, why do we already know about it? Because he went on the radio and called himself stupid.
Quote :
"It's a stupid metaphor to say I'm blacker than Barack Obama, that I apologize for," he said. "It's not appropriate for me, a white person, to stand out somehow and claim to be a black person, that's just wrong ..." (...) Still, "I've always had a strong affinity for the African-American community," he stressed, adding that when he was governor he appointed several more blacks to "important" posts than any of his predecessors.
That's nice of you, dear.

On the other hand (and I admit that I don't understand this bit):
Quote :
Blagojevich continues to accuse prosecutors of persecuting him for routine political deals.
One of those deals, he said, was the possibility of naming Attorney General Lisa Madigan to Obama's Senate seat in exchange for cooperation on important programs from her powerful father, Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan.
He used an infamously coarse word to refer to the attorney general.
"If I can get this, how much do I love the people of Illinois to make that (expletive) senator?'"
That's uh, nice. The other nice.

And finally, this little observation:
Quote :
Blagojevich is appearing on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice" this spring and his trial is expected to start later this year.
...are jury members supposed to be unaware of him?
Back to top Go down
Bamshalam
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Bamshalam

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 1:02 pm

A;FHNKSZDJGMAKJDAFHBXDVGNKSJD

I HATE THAT MAN SO, SO MUCH WHY WON'T HE JUST DIE ALREADY
SERIOUSLY
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:44 pm

Quote :
"What the (expletive)? Everything he's saying's on the teleprompter," Blagojevich told the magazine for a story that hits newsstands Jan. 19.
"I'm blacker than Barack Obama. I shined shoes. I grew up in a five-room apartment. My father had a little laundromat in a black community not far from where we lived," Blagojevich said. "I saw it all growing up."
Yeah, 'CUZ GOING THAT ROUTE SURE WORKED FOR DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Quote :
Gawd, shut up.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:02 pm

Quote :

So growing up poor in a small house makes you black? Cause I grew up in a four room house with six other people. And we had no indoor plumbing or running water. I did not, however, ever shine shoes, and my father didn't own a laundromat.

Is this the same guy who said something about Obama 'not having the negro dialect'? Because I couldn't figure out what he meant by that statement either.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:40 pm

Rabid Badger wrote:
Is this the same guy who said something about Obama 'not having the negro dialect'? Because I couldn't figure out what he meant by that statement either.

No, that was Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nevada). From what context I can glean, Reid made this comment during the 2008 campaign when remarking (in private) about President Obama's oratorical style.

Was it incredibly stupid? Yes, no argument. Should he apologize? Yes, no argument again.

Should he resign because his comments were as bad as then-Senator Trent Lott's remarks about Strom Thurmond's segregationist tendencies? No.
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:42 am

I spent about a year in a five-room apartment when my family moved to England. Does that qualify me as black?

If so, I want a certificate proving my blackness.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
Miss Misery
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Miss Misery

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:06 am

I am currently live in a tiny studio apartment with a bathroom the size of a postage stamp.

How black does that make me?
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:33 am

Blagojevich needs to hang himself, ever since that incident when he got caught saying he never said getting that gold scam or w.e in 2008 he lost all my respect as a senator and as a man. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:26 pm

I live in a single room and share a bathroom with everyone else. Does that make me black?
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:32 pm

Guys, you're not black unless you live there with a ton of other people. You know, like clown cars.

How much of a complaint is "I GREW UP IN A FIVE ROOM APARTMENT", anyway? When I grew up, we rented two rooms from a family. In their home. What does that make me, Indian or something?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:36 pm

I think living in poor circumstances only makes you black if you've also shined shoes and your father owned a laundromat for black people. Don't quote me on it, though. I'm still trying to figure out what he meant by a 'black dialect,' and all I can come up with is that Obama doesn't talk like the Rev. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson or a gangsta rapper.

Apparently, the man leads a fairly constricted life, if he assumes all black people talk the same way.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:40 pm

Haha man growing up, we used to cram everyone into a van. Maximum capacity of 8? Try 25. It was even more hilarious when someone farted because it was so easy to pass the blame. Fun times.

Also I live in a one room apartment with my dog and my grandparents visit often and stay the night, what does that make me? Besides the van shenanigans. Remember Blagojevich? 588739
Back to top Go down
Snoof
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Snoof

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:41 pm

*cough*

"There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road."
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:57 pm

You know what? I spent a good deal of my childhood living in what was quite literally a shack that had three itty-bitty bedrooms, a living room the size of a normal bedroom that had a couch and, no joke, a wooden crate in it, and a kitchen that had a laundry room attached. And it was by a river. Fun.

I lived in that house with four adults, three babies and another child my age, not to mention whoever was sleeping on the couch.

I wasn't special, I lived like thousands of Americans lived and still live. A lot of people grew up poor and still are. It doesn't magically make you another ethnicity, nor does it make you more noble. It just makes you poor.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:46 am

Lapin wrote:
You know what? It doesn't magically make you another ethnicity, nor does it make you more noble. It just makes you poor.
So true...
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:12 pm

Snoof wrote:
*cough*

"There were a hundred and fifty of us living in t' shoebox in t' middle o' road."

"We would've killed for a shoebox. We spent one summer living in a wet paper bag inside a septic tank.
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 8:45 pm

Reidmar wrote:
Lapin wrote:
You know what? It doesn't magically make you another ethnicity, nor does it make you more noble. It just makes you poor.
So true...
Didn't cha know? Poverty is a race in Blagoland! :downs:
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Reidmar

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 6:01 am

Damn, I want to live in Blagoland [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remember Blagojevich?   Remember Blagojevich? Empty

Back to top Go down

Remember Blagojevich?
Page 1 of 1