Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mother tweeted as son died from drowning

Go down 
+6
TheHermit
Root Admin
Delcat
Raine
Aggie
Malganis
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Mother tweeted as son died from drowning Empty
PostSubject: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:49 pm

I... huh.

Quote :
Shellie Ross sent a message to her 5000-plus followers 34 minutes after paramedics arrived at her Florida home to attempt to revive her son Bryson, who had been found floating unconscious in the pool, US ABC News reports.

"Please pray like never before, my 2 yr old fell in the pool," Mrs Ross wrote at 6.12pm local time.

Five hours later, after Bryson had been pronounced dead, Mrs Ross Tweeted again: "Remembering my million dollar baby".

... Mother tweeted as son died from drowning 203843
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:56 pm

Is it possible she was Twittering because she was unable to do anything for her son while the paramedics were working on him? Some people just need to be doing something while a loved one is being treated.

From the way this was worded, I thought she tweeted while he was still in the pool, which would have been horrible.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Obligatory: Maybe if she hadn't been "tweeting" so much, she would have had her eyes on her son.

I can understand asking people for prayer, she probably would have been hysterical - but tweeting again so soon (and with that phrase) after is just a bit... disturbing?

I have to restrain myself from ranting about this. There's been so many cases of toddlers drowning lately, you think people might have at least had a thought to take a look at the state of their own pools and see how easily their kid might fall in.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:28 pm

Negligent, damn straight it was. Why the hell was a toddler allowed anywhere near a pool unattended in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 12:30 am

Why the hell was the pool still open in December anyway? It have to be someplace like--
Quote :
Florida home
oooooof course. You know, my family's taking a trip to Florida in February and I'm growing increasingly scared. Is crazy contagious? I'd ask if stupid was, but we have had Unskilled on the forum for a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 2:13 am

Aggie wrote:
Why the hell was a toddler allowed anywhere near a pool unattended in the first place?

Because she thought updating her Twitter was far, far more important. Yeah, I am aware that social networking isn't evil and it amounts to negligence, but if someone would rather update their Twitter about this shit for their 5,000 fucking followers, they're an attention whore that doesn't realize that those 5,000 followers don't mean anywhere as much as... their kid.

Last edited by Nihilist on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 2:18 am

Quote :
Florida

bugsbunnywithasaw.gif
Back to top Go down
Manny
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Manny

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 4:54 am

INTERNET

BETTER THAN HAVING KIDS
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~lazerth
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 5:52 am

Um, this merits pointing out.

Quote :
Shellie Ross sent a message to her 5000-plus followers 34 minutes after paramedics arrived...
So, not only had the medical folks arrived, they'd already been there for over half-an-hour. Clearly the internet was not the first thing she reached for.
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 6:28 am

KelinciHutan wrote:

Quote :
Shellie Ross sent a message to her 5000-plus followers 34 minutes after paramedics arrived...
So, not only had the medical folks arrived, they'd already been there for over half-an-hour. Clearly the internet was not the first thing she reached for.

Yeah, that's why I can see some sort of justification for using it to ask for prayer. Having paramedics working to resuscitate your kid for about half an hour would send anyone to a panic to find some way of helping.

Still, as Nil said, the woman still seems like an attention whore for that second update she did. Updating to say something more like "I'm sorry to say that my son has passed away, however, thanks everyone for your prayers" would have been a lot better than that sudden "million dollar baby" thing.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 6:38 am

Raine wrote:
KelinciHutan wrote:

Quote :

Yeah, that's why I can see some sort of justification for using it to ask for prayer. Having paramedics working to resuscitate your kid for about half an hour would send anyone to a panic to find some way of helping.

Still, as Nil said, the woman still seems like an attention whore for that second update she did. Updating to say something more like "I'm sorry to say that my son has passed away, however, thanks everyone for your prayers" would have been a lot better than that sudden "million dollar baby" thing.
Well...it does sound pretty crass, but people experiencing shock and grief don't always think rationally. Sometimes, the brain kind of goes on vacation to help preserve sanity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 8:28 am

It could also be possible that 'million dollar baby' was a term that was personal to the family.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 9:43 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mother tweeted as son died from drowning   Mother tweeted as son died from drowning Empty

Back to top Go down

Mother tweeted as son died from drowning
Page 1 of 1