Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dead baby photos given to mother

Go down 
+4
grmblfjx
Azzandra
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Malganis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Dead baby photos given to mother Empty
PostSubject: Dead baby photos given to mother   Dead baby photos given to mother EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:30 am

Link.

Quote :
A mother is suing an Ohio hospital after photos of her dead infant are mailed to her.

Heather Werth's infant son died at Good Samaritan, and more than 100 photos of the preemie were mailed to her.

Werth said she told the hospital she didn't want any photos taken after Joey's death.

But she received 154 photos – in more than 20 poses.

The whole thing is pretty damn strange and I can definitely see why she's suing. I think that if a parent wants photos, then one or both parents should be in the room with the child's body while the hospital staff photographs just to make sure that something like this doesn't happen.

Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby photos given to mother   Dead baby photos given to mother EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:41 am

Geez, this is stupid - of the hospital. I mean, she says she doesn't want photos, why exactly did they do it? Is it standard procedure to photograph dead babies and somebody didn't get the memo?

America, you are REALLY weird if that's the case.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby photos given to mother   Dead baby photos given to mother EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:51 am

Okay, I can see if they needed pictures for record keeping or something... but 154? In multiple poses? It takes a LONG TIME to take that many pictures. Who the hell had not only the willingness, but the time and tenacity to do this sort of thing?
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby photos given to mother   Dead baby photos given to mother EmptyWed May 25, 2011 2:59 pm

There are photographers who specialize in that- many parents apparently want pictures, nice pictures (not "naked and red and hooked to machines"), to remember their child by.

Quote :
"He was treated like a doll. He was flipped, and he was flopped. He was dressed, and he was undressed. He was wrapped in a blanket. He was posed. He was laying on his belly. He was laying on his back," Werth said about the photos.

This sounds to me exactly like such a photo session. My best guess is that there was a misunderstanding and someone called the photographer, or directed her (generally a her) to the wrong baby, or something. I'm sorry for the mother in that this reminder of her dead son was probably very painful for her, but as I understand it, these photoshoots are usually done with a lot of grace and not treating the baby "like a doll".
Back to top Go down
EileenK98
Recovering Fanbrat
Recovering Fanbrat
EileenK98

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby photos given to mother   Dead baby photos given to mother EmptyWed May 25, 2011 6:23 pm

Azzandra wrote:
Okay, I can see if they needed pictures for record keeping or something... but 154? In multiple poses? It takes a LONG TIME to take that many pictures. Who the hell had not only the willingness, but the time and tenacity to do this sort of thing?

Seconded. I don't think I have that many photos of my four-month-old niece yet. I can see a couple, from different angles . . . but 154 photos of a dead baby? Sounds almost fetishistic to me.
Back to top Go down
karmyn31
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
karmyn31

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby photos given to mother   Dead baby photos given to mother EmptyThu May 26, 2011 3:20 am

I know it used to be very common to take pictures of a baby after it died because that was often the only photo the parents had. Even now it's common to take pictures if a baby is stillborn or dies shortly after birth. But if the parents don't want it, then that's their right. This hospital is wrong in sending her these pictures. And in all those poses. That's wrong. Most photos I've seen like this the baby is wrapped up and being held by the parents, just like any newborn picture.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby photos given to mother   Dead baby photos given to mother EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:04 pm

There's a dead baby joke somewhere in here.
Back to top Go down
Azzandra
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Azzandra

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby photos given to mother   Dead baby photos given to mother EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:01 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Sure, if you're going for the low-hanging fruit.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby photos given to mother   Dead baby photos given to mother EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Azzandra wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Sure, if you're going for the low-hanging fruit.

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dead baby photos given to mother   Dead baby photos given to mother Empty

Back to top Go down

Dead baby photos given to mother
Page 1 of 1