Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Feminism gone wrong Thread

Go down 
+41
ZoZo
Lapin
Penguin
Reidmar
theweirdkind
Verandering
Sloth
V3N0M
Delcat
grmblfjx
Miss Prince
Lurv
Jay/Cris
Mystique
Mary Sue
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Waffles
Rabid Badger
Sarin
Mr.Doobie
Ayezur
Mikey Go WOOGA
saeku
bleachedblackcat
Twonky
Cyberwulf
Lady Anne
Hot Cancer
Mafiosa
Bamshalam
Sheba
Root Admin
Spotts1701
InkWeaver
Kateness
Mae Bedlam
unskilled78
Dr. Professor Science
Knorg
Lysander
Psy-4
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Sarin wrote:
Psy-4 wrote:
And it was 4 am when I posted and I wanted it done with.
I think this should be nominated for the worst excuse on the internet, especially because it's always used by fanbrats and/or idiots on sites that no one gives a shit about. THE WORLD WILL NOT BE DENIED ANYTHING VITAL IF YOU POST IT AFTER DINNER THE NEXT DAY INSTEAD, YOU TWAT.

Well said, sir (or madam). Well said.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Ayezur wrote:
Mr.Doobie wrote:
unskilled78 wrote:
Male Genital mutilation is just as widespread.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Oh, u.

Which leads to the question, unskilled or Mikey? Who makes a bigger ass of themselves?

Hey, Ayezur, you're going to share that popcorn, right?

I also have vodka and beer.

Maybe if we drink enough of it, Unskilled won't seem like such a brainless fuck-up!

Seriously, he's like a stronger version of Mikey! Mikey 2.0. Or maybe Mikey is just a lesser version of Unskilled. UnskilledLite, mayhaps?
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 2:37 pm

Mr.Doobie wrote:
Ayezur wrote:

I also have vodka and beer.

Maybe if we drink enough of it, Unskilled won't seem like such a brainless fuck-up!

Oh, trust me, after 5 shots of tequila and lime, he's just as irritating. It just makes navigating through WGW feel like combing the desert.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And don't get me started on how WGW is after a big bottle of vodka. Waking up naked on the floor, vomit everywhere, monitor burning holes through my eyes, and yet still mad at Unbrainedskilled.
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 1:30 am

Nihilist wrote:

Waking up naked on the floor

:unskilled78:
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 4:57 pm

You guys haven't read a book called "Politically Correct Bedtime Stories", have you? It's written for humour but it goes to show how over-the-top people go with trying not to offend people, and trying to implement the word 'womyn' so that womyn aren't just an offshoot of the males.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Mary Sue
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mary Sue

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 10:16 pm

Yeah, I had that book, along with "Once Upon a More Enlightened Time", when I was a kid. Looking back now I was too young to understand the humour, but they were still great books. I remember how "Rumplestilskin" ended with the girl guessing his name because he was still wearing his nametag from the Little People Empowerment meeting.
Back to top Go down
Mystique
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mystique

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 10:42 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
You guys haven't read a book called "Politically Correct Bedtime Stories", have you? It's written for humour but it goes to show how over-the-top people go with trying not to offend people, and trying to implement the word 'womyn' so that womyn aren't just an offshoot of the males.
I really don't like it when people make being politically correct into something to be ashamed of. There's nothing wrong with making the attempt to avoid offending and marginalizing people. Yes, I'm sure you probably met or read about some crazy person who took things to a really bizarre level, but bringing that up as an example of political correctness is disingenuous.

It all boils down to wanting to retain the right to call people negros, bitches, faggots, and wetbacks because you don't want to change and you don't want to lose your privilege.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:58 am

Mystique wrote:
I really don't like it when people make being politically correct into something to be ashamed of. There's nothing wrong with making the attempt to avoid offending and marginalizing people. Yes, I'm sure you probably met or read about some crazy person who took things to a really bizarre level, but bringing that up as an example of political correctness is disingenuous.

It all boils down to wanting to retain the right to call people negros, bitches, faggots, and wetbacks because you don't want to change and you don't want to lose your privilege.

Yes. Because it´s always a better alternative to rid every human product of anything that might, potentially, some day, be offensive to someone and there´s no such thing as being zealously politically correct.
Bitch Mystique, please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Lysander
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:45 am

No, she's right. "Political correctness" is usually just a label that assholes apply to people who have common courtesy. Or whatever is pissing them off at the moment.

To wit:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lurv
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lurv

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 10:31 am

Hah, my aunt claims politically incorrect means having "unpopular opinnions" (such as "gay people will burn in hell"). I love her, but she's such an idiot at times.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 11:03 am

Jay/Cris wrote:
Mystique wrote:

Yes. Because it´s always a better alternative to rid every human product of anything that might, potentially, some day, be offensive to someone and there´s no such thing as being zealously politically correct.
Bitch Mystique, please.
I'd explain how you're wrong and ask you to cite examples of PC zealots, but you've made it abundantly clear that you're too fucking lazy to excise marginalising language from your everyday vocabulary.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:
Bitch Mystique, please.
I'd explain how you're wrong and ask you to cite examples of PC zealots, but you've made it abundantly clear that you're too fucking lazy to excise marginalising language from your everyday vocabulary.

Example!
In the Netherlands, we have a specific type of candy - a combo of cream and chocolate - that were called Nigro Kisses. While the etymology of the word is supposed to be 'not entirely clear', it is mostly acknowledged that the name was at least partly derived from the fact that they are brown. In 2005, several groups, among which a foundation called 'Victims of Slavery', actively petitioned to have the name changed. They won, and the name was shortened to Kisses.
In the Netherlands, we have a specific type of flat cookies that are called Jewcookies. They are called that way because, traditionally, they were made by a Jewish baker. Recently, a group petitioned to have the name changed, because they felt that the name reflected poorly on Jews. Why? Well, the cookies are flat, which reflects the Jewish miserly stereotype: a Jew would never make a thick cookie.
Both are cases where the opposition used the 'zealous PCness'-defense in their arguments. In the first case, I think they don't have a case: the word Nigro isn't a neutral term and is usually taken as racist. In the second case, however, I think the group trying to have the name changed is overreacting, because the word Jew is a neutral term and idea that the size of the cookie would reflect the general nature of Jews is fairly preposterous. (Especially considering the fact that the idea of a miserly Jew is rapidly becoming an outdated stereotype.) I consider these brave antagonists of the word Jewcookie to be taking the idea of political correctness to the extreme.

Now, if you wouldn't mind, could you clarify 'the abundantly clear way' I use marginalising terms in my everyday vocabulary? Perhaps you could even give me some pointers on how I should adapt it, since you're obviously an expert.

Last edited by Jay/Cris on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : for a typo. Or 2, apparently.)
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:52 pm

I gotta say that "Jewcookie" sounds like a Cartman insult.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:
Mystique wrote:

Bitch Mystique, please.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Political correctness is one of those issues where if you get all worked up about it (whatever side of the fence you're on), you're in all liklihood a dumbass. However, I find the anti-political correctness zealots folks to be far more common and far stupider than the pro-political correctness zealots. "U MEEN LIEK? WE CAN'T CALL THEM NIGGERS ANYMORE? WE HAVE TO CALL THEM BLACK? BLFJFLEJEHWEHJUHDL:JKFHSD!!!!!!" Seriously, suck it up, get over it, and pick a real issue to bitch about.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:02 pm

THIS ARGUMENT IS RETARDED YOU GAY BITCHES

hurp
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
THIS ARGUMENT IS RETARDED YOU GAY BITCHES

hurp

YOU CAN'T CALL THEM GAY IT HURTS THEIR PRECIOUS FEELINGS!
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:28 pm

WAY TO MISS THE POINT YOU GAY NIGGERFAGGOT
Back to top Go down
InkWeaver
Harriet Tubman
Harriet Tubman
InkWeaver

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:30 pm

Please tell me you're trollan. PLEASE.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:49 pm

InkWeaver wrote:
Please tell me you're trollan. PLEASE.

At that point, yes, I was. Because this squabble is stupid.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:58 pm

...I still don't get it. It doesn't work as a response to Mafi's joke, it doesn't work in the context of this thread, and no matter how you slice it, it's not particularly funny or witty.

But then again, that's to be expected from the Melissa School of Neutral Boring.

Last edited by Mae Bedlam on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 7:59 pm

Miss Prince wrote:

How dare you besmirch the noble name of Jewcookie?
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 9:03 pm

Lysander wrote:
Miss Prince wrote:

How dare you besmirch the noble name of Jewcookie?

It could also be a food item from FATAL. Restore 6d20/√2 health, but the character's nose grows by 3d4*π + x, where x = the length of the player's femur at age 12. ALSO SOMETHING ABOUT GREED.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:04 am

HURRAH YOU GUYS PEOPLE I LOVE YOU
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 11:43 am

Jay/Cris wrote:
Because it´s always a better alternative to rid every human product of anything that might, potentially, some day, be offensive to someone
Sounds to me like you're complaining about what hard work that might be OR you don't care if some things are sexist/racist/homophobic/etc.

Jay/Cris wrote:
Perhaps you could even give me some pointers on how I should adapt it, since you're obviously an expert.
I used to throw around "whore" and "retard" as generic terms of abuse, and saved "cunt" for when I wanted to pull out the big guns. I don't do that any more. It's not that hard not to say "Bitch, please", and avoid using someone's femaleness to liken her to a dog.
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 1:23 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:
Because it´s always a better alternative to rid every human product of anything that might, potentially, some day, be offensive to someone
Sounds to me like you're complaining about what hard work that might be OR you don't care if some things are sexist/racist/homophobic/etc.

Yes, that's exactly what I meant. It couldn't possibly mean that, like, sometimes? People take offense for absolutely ridiculous reasons. And, like, sometimes? People start up pre-emptive measures to avoid being politically incorrect, even when it's quite unnecessary. (For, example: in the Netherlands - yes, a Dutch example again - there's currently a kerfluffle going on what definition should be used to refer to foreign immigrants. They used to be called 'strangers', which was logically changed to foreigners, but eventually, that was considered to be offensive. The Dutch government then started using the politically neutral term of 'allochtoon', but nowadays, they feel that this word has gained negative implications as well and, naturally, that it should be changed to something new. While they're valiantly discussing this highly important issue, the Dutch - whether they're considered native or foreign - would prefer it if the goverment returned to discussing issues that actually matter.)
So, instead of jumping that gun of yours, perhaps you could use some skill points to brush up on your reading comprehension.

Cyberwulf wrote:
Jay/Cris wrote:
Perhaps you could even give me some pointers on how I should adapt it, since you're obviously an expert.
I used to throw around "whore" and "retard" as generic terms of abuse, and saved "cunt" for when I wanted to pull out the big guns. I don't do that any more. It's not that hard not to say "Bitch, please", and avoid using someone's femaleness to liken her to a dog.

Nigga, what? You have quite the balls on you - wait, is that politically incorrect as well? - to tell me off on calling someone a bitch when you inspired the board-title 'shitgobbling pissdrinker' and have been cussing a streak since forever - oh, I'm sorry, you've quit doing that, haven't you? That makes it far less hypocritical, I suppose.
Anyway. Fine. You've inspired me to change my wicked ways: from now on, I will not be guided by gender when I'm calling someone names. Instead, I will use gender-neutral terms like fuckwit and imbecile. Oh, better yet: how about I call everyone a bitch, never mind their actual sex? That oughta improve my general political correctness, don'tcha think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Feminism gone wrong Thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next