Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Feminism gone wrong Thread

Go down 
+41
ZoZo
Lapin
Penguin
Reidmar
theweirdkind
Verandering
Sloth
V3N0M
Delcat
grmblfjx
Miss Prince
Lurv
Jay/Cris
Mystique
Mary Sue
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Waffles
Rabid Badger
Sarin
Mr.Doobie
Ayezur
Mikey Go WOOGA
saeku
bleachedblackcat
Twonky
Cyberwulf
Lady Anne
Hot Cancer
Mafiosa
Bamshalam
Sheba
Root Admin
Spotts1701
InkWeaver
Kateness
Mae Bedlam
unskilled78
Dr. Professor Science
Knorg
Lysander
Psy-4
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:57 pm

Quote :
Most "deadbeat dads" genuinely want to see their
kids but lost a custody battle against an ex who demanded sole custody.
Your cousin's ex probably isn't like that.

OH MAN WHAT AN AWESOME FACT THAT IS

TOTALLY COOL TRUTH, BRO.

e: oh wait that's not true at all
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:58 pm

I'll bite.

V3N0M wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
V3N0M wrote:
So why should the parents that don't skip out on child support get treated so horribly?
My cousin pays child support and sees his daughter regularly. He pays because he loves his kid, and isn't treated horribly at all.

Most "deadbeat dads" genuinely want to see their kids but lost a custody battle against an ex who demanded sole custody. Your cousin's ex probably isn't like that.
Do you have statistics to prove this from a reliable source, or are you just pulling this out of your ass?
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 2:59 pm

V3N0M wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
V3N0M wrote:
So why should the parents that don't skip out on child support get treated so horribly?
My cousin pays child support and sees his daughter regularly. He pays because he loves his kid, and isn't treated horribly at all.

Most "deadbeat dads" genuinely want to see their kids but lost a custody battle against an ex who demanded sole custody. Your cousin's ex probably isn't like that.

Most people would specifically define "deadbeat dad" as someone who doesn't want to see or pay for their children.

You fail.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:01 pm

V3N0M wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
V3N0M wrote:

Mom: hey, maybe you should call your dad.
Me: Okay. *dials number*
Dad's Squeeze: Just a minute. (she is heard yelling, dad could be heard saying "I don't want to talk to that little shit, ever!")
Me: *hangs up, never bothers again*

And I saw him at Carl's Jr. last year, I didn't say hi, nor did he. See, he never tried, and by now I'm just too bitter about it to let him just come back and pretend nothing's ever happened. He brought it upon himself. He had 15 years to try.

Last edited by Nihilist on Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hot Cancer
Playwright
Playwright
Hot Cancer

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 3:10 pm

Nil, stop trying to bring actual reality into this conversation, it's devestating to V3NOM's "argument".
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:03 pm

V3N0M wrote:
The ammendment states that the requirement to pay child support cannot be revoked for any reason,
So? If you were living with the mother of your child and actually *raising* him/her, and you lost your job or got sick, JUNIOR STILL HAS TO EAT. GET THE FUCKING MONEY SOMEWHERE.

Quote :
even if you are able to prove that you are not the father.
B[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Get a paternity test when the kid is born and don't don't DON'T allow your name to go on the birth cert till you're sure it's yours, if you're that paranoid.

Quote :
The CSA demands unneccessarily large amounts of money from non-custodial parents
Could I see some rates, please? From a government website, please, not some Men's Rights website.

Quote :
and if you don't (or can't) pay, they will literally make it harder for you to escape the debt.
If you don't pay like you're supposed to, like the law says you should, you deserve to be punished. If you "can't" pay, see my first point.

And then you have other states where child support is lowered in direct proportion to the amount of time the child spends with the non-custodial parent. What happens? Guys who aren't the least bit interested in actually parenting their kids sue for as much visitation as possible, then plonk the kids in front of the TV or pawn them off on the nearest available female caretaker so they can fuck their latest love interest.

V3N0M wrote:
1. " 'I take care of my kids!' Whatchou want, a COOKIE?!"
2. There are several reasons why the non-custodial parent might "get treated so horribly", by which I'm assuming you mean "is prevented from seeing his/her children". Number one would be that s/he's an abusive asshole. Don't worry though, the Fathers' Rights groups have had great success pushing their phony Parental Alienation Syndrome in family court.

V3N0M wrote:
Most "deadbeat dads" genuinely want to see their kids but lost a custody battle against an ex who demanded sole custody.
Leaving aside the fact that if there's a custody "battle", the situation's usually fairly fucked up, are you saying these "deadbeats" who love their kids so much can't be bothered to explore other legal avenues to gain visitation rights? Or are you saying that since their exes got sole custody, they're not paying child support out of spite, leaving the kids they supposedly love so much economically disadvantaged? GEE I WONDER WHY THEY DIDN'T GET CUSTODY IN THE FIRST PLACE SEEING AS THEY HATE THE CHILDREN'S MOTHER SO MUCH THEY'D RATHER THE KIDS GO HUNGRY AND NAKED THAN GIVE HER ANY MONEY TO KEEP THEM FED AND CLOTHED

Last edited by Cyberwulf on Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 4:14 pm

Hot Cancer wrote:
Nil, stop trying to bring actual reality into this conversation, it's devestating to V3NOM's "argument".
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] devastating? How is that devastating to something that is fundamentally flawed to begin with?
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 am

Reidmar wrote:
Hot Cancer wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] devastating? How is that devastating to something that is fundamentally flawed to begin with?

...that doesn't make any sense. If I use a wrecking ball on a fundamentally flawed, condemned structure, it could be said that the wrecking ball devastates said structure. Similarly, it doesn't matter how shitty V3NOM's posts are, their content is "devastated" when Nihilist tears them apart.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:25 am

Yeah, parents who refuse to pay child support need to be whalloped with a stick. Preferably one from a walnut tree.

You made the kid. The kid is now your responsibility. Saying but "S/he's a bitch and I hate them" about your former partner has no relevancy to the fact that you need to be an adult and support your offspring.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 11:45 am

OK, here's an article which is full of what I would call feminism gone wrong. The writer--Yasmin Alibhai-Brown--considers herself a feminist. Looking at this article about the recent terror attacks suggests otherwise...

Quote :
For Umar Farouk and many other Muslim men like him, living in such a landscape is literally intolerable. He confesses that he does try to lower his gaze in front of females, wonders if he should get married because he is getting too aroused. You could make a movie, a Taxi Driver for our times, about just such an anti-hero, the hormonal male who is expected to live a life of total abstinence in the middle of licentiousness.
IF YOU DRESS LIKE A SLUT, YOU MAKE PEOPLE BECOME TERRORISTS!

Actually, the banning of the burqa in general is a bit of feminism gone horribly wrong, but that's probably to serious for this mostly troll thread...

So yeah, Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, real good feminism there.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:21 pm

Lapin wrote:
Yeah, parents who refuse to pay child support need to be whalloped with a stick. Preferably one from a walnut tree.
...wait, what? Are walnut tree branches extra-whallopy or something? I mean, I have some outside if that's the case, I'm just confused here. They always seemed amiable enough trees to me. Or are black walnuts more passive than...than whatever other kind of walnut there is?
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 7:42 pm

Walnut is a pretty dense wood. Fine-grained and sturdy, if I remember rightly. And considerably cheaper than, say, mahogany.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:01 pm

Myeerah is right. Walnut is a very thick and sturdy wood.

It leaves bruises.
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 10:02 pm

I'm guessing the same as myeerah. When making walking sticks, my grandfather always used walnut or hickory because they're dense and sturdy.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:38 am

Thanks, guys! Now I know! And knowing is half the battle! The other half is hitting people with sticks. Hence why the knowledge is so important.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 6:35 am

Now you can hit people with sticks 63% more efficiently!
Back to top Go down
Technobrat

Technobrat

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 10:59 am

InkWeaver wrote:
Please tell me you're trollan. PLEASE.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 11:13 am

Inkweaver, eleven days ago, wrote:
Please tell me you're trollan. PLEASE.
Wow, it's like he actually had to fly all the way here from Eternia. Authentic!
Back to top Go down
rae
Contributor
Contributor
rae

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 4:33 pm

ZoZo wrote:
Actually, the banning of the burqa in general is a bit of feminism gone horribly wrong, but that's probably to serious for this mostly troll thread...

You're probably right. But fuck it, let's try anyway.

Is there anyone in this thread who think banning veiling is a GOOD idea?
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 4:56 pm

rae wrote:
ZoZo wrote:

You're probably right. But fuck it, let's try anyway.

We already tried.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:24 pm

rae wrote:
Is there anyone in this thread who think banning veiling is a GOOD idea?
I, uh... well, huh.

Okay, let's try to do this reasonably.

Against: Banning burqas substitutes one deprivation of choice for another.
For: There is no guarantee that making them merely optional(as in, making enforcement of their wearing a crime) will have any impact.

For: It could be an important step in bringing out Islam out of old-fashioned (to put it mildly) ideas of gender roles.
Against: It will probably get a violent reaction.

2:2

So much for that.
Back to top Go down
Cyberwulf
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Cyberwulf

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:31 pm

The burqa itself isn't the problem. It's the attitude behind forcing women to wear them that's the problem. Just banning it won't do anything to tackle that.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:46 pm

What pisses me off about banning the burqa is that it is still someone else deciding what a woman is allowed to wear.
Back to top Go down
Psy-4

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 5:47 pm

Cyberwulf wrote:
The burqa itself isn't the problem. It's the attitude behind forcing women to wear them that's the problem. Just banning it won't do anything to tackle that.
If you invent a Religion Destruction Ray, let me know, I want to get in on that.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 3:02 am

Cyberwulf wrote:

Exactly. As well as what Lapin said.
Trying to change the attitude behind it is a lot more difficult than simply banning the article itself, but I don't think banning the article itself really has any positive points that would make up for the misdirected shot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feminism gone wrong Thread   Feminism gone wrong Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Feminism gone wrong Thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next