Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.

Go down 
+5
Penguin
Narwhal
Salamas
Dr. Professor Science
quamp
9 posters
AuthorMessage
quamp
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
quamp

Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. Empty
PostSubject: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:24 pm

Story here
Quote :
A Minnesota man has pled guilty to driving while drunk. The only hitch - he was driving a La-Z-Boy.
"Buh oshifer, there'sh no law aga-againsht drivin a la-shee-boy while druhn!" *BURP*

Quote :
However, the 62-year-old crashed the La-Z-Boy into a parked car. He was not seriously injured, but police found that his blood alcohol level was 0.29, more than three times the legal limit.

Well, if you're going to screw up, might as well go all the way, hmm? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote :
As for the chair, which was powered by a lawnmower engine and tricked out with headlights, a stereo and a steering system, is going to be auctioned off by police at an undetermined date.

Anyone want to buy a used motorized La-z-boy?
Back to top Go down
http://quamp.deviantart.com
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Holy shit Quamp still posts here even after becoming a running joke?
Back to top Go down
Salamas
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Salamas

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:39 pm

Dr. Professor Science wrote:
Holy shit Quamp still posts here even after becoming a running joke?

I think he's trying to prove himself.

As for the news story, I LOLed.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:50 pm

Oh my fucking God, that chair is so badass. It might be worth it to take a road trip to Minnesota to try and buy it.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Narwhal wrote:
Oh my fucking God, that chair is so badass. It might be worth it to take a road trip to Minnesota to try and buy it.
It's fucking awesome. I want one so badly. Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. 8638
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:54 am

Man, DUI laws are really out of control. I mean, the dude's in a fucking motorized recliner. How big of a threat can be possibly be to others on that thing?
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 6:59 am

That is the best chair I've ever seen. I thoroughly agree with this guy being done for drink driving as nobody can be allowed to have that much fun if I can't.
Back to top Go down
Verandering
The Gender Offender
The Gender Offender
Verandering

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 7:20 am

Penguin wrote:
Man, DUI laws are really out of control. I mean, the dude's in a fucking motorized recliner. How big of a threat can be possibly be to others on that thing?

He could stub toes and bang knees of people paying no attention! D8
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 7:41 am

Yeah, just who the hell isn't going to notice a crazy old man in a pimped-out motorized recliner. The Man strikes again.
Back to top Go down
GamemasterAnthony
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
GamemasterAnthony

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 8:39 am

Wait a minute...a motorized La-Z-Boy?

ALRIGHT!!! Where'd this guy steal that prop from Nickelodeon's Roundhouse?!?
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 9:00 am

Penguin wrote:
Given that he did smash into a parked car, then apparently he's a threat to others' property. Also, it didn't look like there were any rear-view mirrors on that thing, which means he was opperating a vehicle--ostensibly on public roads--that does not meet the required standards for a car (which in Minnesota, is all of this). Plus, lawn mower engines aren't generally all that fast. So if he was on public roads, then given how much faster the traffic around him would likely be moving, it's hard to say he's not a hazard to everyone else, let alone to himself. If all he's getting is a DUI, then he's getting off easy.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:25 am

KelinciHutan wrote:
Given that he did smash into a parked car, then apparently he's a threat to others' property.

In a recliner. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] At worst, a door ding and some scuffed paint.

Quote :
Also, it didn't look like there were any rear-view mirrors on that thing, which means he was opperating a vehicle--ostensibly on public roads--that does not meet the required standards for a car (which in Minnesota, is all of this).

Are you serious? Fuckin'... rear-view mirrors on a novelty motorized recliner. You know, somehow I don't think it'd be street legal even if it had mirrors. Just a hunch. I'm not arguing that what he did was legal, I'm saying that the law here is stupid.

Quote :
Plus, lawn mower engines aren't generally all that fast. So if he was on public roads, then given how much faster the traffic around him would likely be moving, it's hard to say he's not a hazard to everyone else, let alone to himself.

The idea behind having a blood alcohol limit for operating a motor vehicle isn't that you're a danger to yourself. Drunk drivers are rarely the worst off in their accidents. They're a significant threat to the safety of other people on the roads. This is because they are driving two ton killing machines while intoxicated.

But then again, I've met people with DUIs for riding bicycles under the influence. So I might be a little inclined to react towards "gone too fucking far" for DUIs handed out for people operating relatively harmless contraptions.

Quote :
If all he's getting is a DUI, then he's getting off easy.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fortunately for him he's an old bastard who probably doesn't need to worry about finding a job anymore. If a younger dude pulled this stunt he'd be fucked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.   Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix. Empty

Back to top Go down

Drinking and motorized La-z-boys do not mix.
Page 1 of 1