Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Waiter fired over Celeb Tweet

Go down 
+3
KelinciHutan
Penguin
King Bee
7 posters
AuthorMessage
King Bee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
King Bee

Waiter  fired over Celeb Tweet Empty
PostSubject: Waiter fired over Celeb Tweet   Waiter  fired over Celeb Tweet EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:39 am

But, it wasn't all bad for him.

Quote :

BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. -- A Hollywood waiter is claiming an encounter with "Hung" star Jane Adams cost him his job at a popular eatery.

Jon-Barrett Ingels, 31, claims Adams, who plays Tanya on the HBO series, visited celeb hot spot Barney Greengrass (the cafe on the fifth floor of Barneys New York in Beverly Hills) in July and "skipped out on a $13.44 check," he posted on his Twitter page earlier this summer.

"Her agent called and payed (sic) the following day. NO TIP!!!" he wrote on July 17.

And as it turns out, it was venting on his Twitter page that ultimately cost Ingels his job.

Ingels - who chronicled serving the likes of Tori Spelling, Ali Larter and "Office" stars B.J. Novak and Mindy Kaling on his Twitter page in the days after serving Adams -- documented the encounter on his personal blog, noting after he dropped off the check, Adams admitted she had forgotten her wallet in her car and asked if she could go out and grab it.

However, according to Ingels, Adams never returned. Instead, a rep for the actress called the restaurant offering to pay the tab, which was $13.75 - but left out the tip.

"Not a big deal to me financially but the principle of the thing was ridiculous. I put my neck on the line by letting her leave without paying and end up getting screwed," he wrote on his blog.

Yet, it wasn't the fact he let Adams leave without paying that would cost Ingels his job - but rather, Barney's corporate made the decision after finding his Twitter account and seeing his posts about the run-in.

Ingels said the company fired him after five years of employment.

"I understand they want to keep a safe environment for the celebrities and I think that I broke that safety," Ingels told AOL's Slashfood. "Had they come to me and said you need to take this down or change it to private, had I been told if you don't do this, you're going to lose your job -- I would've done that."

And while Ingels' story has garnered buzz online, with the now-out-of-work waiter giving interviews to various blog sites, it also apparently made its way back to Adams herself.

In an interview with The Los Angeles Times' Brand X column, Ingels said Adams returned to the restaurant a month later (prior to his termination) and "slapped three dollar bills on the table in front of him."

"Thank you so much. You didn't have to do this," Ingels recalled saying.

"Well, I read about it on Twitter!" he said Adams responded.

Despite the events that unfolded, Ingels appears not to hold any ill will towards the actress.

"For the record I think Jane Adams (Hung) is a great actress!!" he Tweeted on August 15.

"Need to thank Jane Adams! After she got me fired, I have had five uninterrupted days with my daughter!" he added on September 3.

A spokesperson for Barneys Corporate or Barney Greengrass was not immediately available for comment on the story when contacted by Access Hollywood. In addition, HBO had no comment on the report.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Waiter fired over Celeb Tweet   Waiter  fired over Celeb Tweet EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:02 am

Some nobody writes unflattering things about B-list celebrities he encounters in his job on the Internet, is surprised to find himself out of a job that exposes him to B-list celebrities.

Yawn-a-rooney, Batman.
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Waiter fired over Celeb Tweet   Waiter  fired over Celeb Tweet EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:27 am

I find myself strongly doubting that all the parties involved in this non-event are even half so cheerful with each other as this article makes them out to be.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Waiter fired over Celeb Tweet   Waiter  fired over Celeb Tweet EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 am

I think everyone is an asshole in this situation.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Waiter fired over Celeb Tweet   Waiter  fired over Celeb Tweet EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 5:14 pm

Quote :
"Need to thank Jane Adams! After she got me fired, I have had five uninterrupted days with my daughter!"

...uhhh, excuse me? By your own admission, she didn't get you fired; you got you fired.

I have no doubt this is an attempt by the waiter to get some sort of monetary compensation for this or to "shame" the company into giving him his job back.

Her agent came back and paid the bill; the woman came back and gave you a goddamned tip. That's a hell of a lot more than most people would have done.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Waiter fired over Celeb Tweet   Waiter  fired over Celeb Tweet EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
I think everyone is an asshole in this situation.

That's the understatement of the month. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ugly Swan

PostSubject: Re: Waiter fired over Celeb Tweet   Waiter  fired over Celeb Tweet EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 3:35 pm

It amazes me how surprised people get when the things they say on the net have consequences.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiter fired over Celeb Tweet   Waiter  fired over Celeb Tweet Empty

Back to top Go down

Waiter fired over Celeb Tweet
Page 1 of 1