Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky

Go down 
+23
Shisaiga
Raziel the Wise
KGarrett
Alana
Alex89
Malganis
saeku
Penguin
gaijinguy
quamp
Lexin
Sorsa A. Jänis
T.S.Orr
Aggie
Mikey Go WOOGA
rachel
Lapin
Hot Cancer
Lady Anne
Ceres
Delcat
Saleha
Spotts1701
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:04 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Apparently some people are saying that the facts regarding the death have yet to be properly verified and that they aren't even sure if he was hanged, or if "FED" was written on him.

Even better, now the real fun folks on the right are making whispers that the guy deserved it because he was a pedophile (based on the way the body was posed). Or so they claim, and you know it would be irresponsible not to speculate about such things.

Links? 'Cause that's just wrong...
Back to top Go down
Alex89

Alex89

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 11:09 am

I think that's not true but it would make it easier to swallow if he had been killed because he was a pedophile or they thought he was a pedophile rather than because people were mad about the census.
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:39 pm

Malganis wrote:
Links? 'Cause that's just wrong...

Ask, and ye shall receive.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Alana

Alana

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Latepost is late, but... as a census worker, I believe that that is the ultimate D: because we are the most innocent, non-controntational people ever. We're not even allowed to carry defensive sprays on the clock, and we have special forms and instructions especially for when people refuse to talk to us, so we don't have to push the issue ever.

Why would you do that. D:
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 1:44 am

Spotts1701 wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Apparently some people are saying that the facts regarding the death have yet to be properly verified and that they aren't even sure if he was hanged, or if "FED" was written on him.

Even better, now the real fun folks on the right are making whispers that the guy deserved it because he was a pedophile (based on the way the body was posed). Or so they claim, and you know it would be irresponsible not to speculate about such things.

I might be missing something, but how can you tell if someone's a paedophile based on how the body is posed?
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 1:03 pm

KGarrett wrote:
Spotts1701 wrote:
Penguin wrote:

I might be missing something, but how can you tell if someone's a paedophile based on how the body is posed?

There's a eight year old child jammed up his ass?
Back to top Go down
Raziel the Wise

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 4:53 pm

I'm going to Hell for laughing at that.
Back to top Go down
Shisaiga
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Shisaiga

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 1:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Didn't someone joke about how he did it himself?
Quote :
But investigators noticed the foot-tall letters scrawled in black
felt-tip pen looked like they could have been written by the victim
himself, and they soon found out that he believed he had cancer, had
two insurance policies worth $600,000, and had an adult son in need of
money.
Investigators said Tuesday what they had
been hinting at for weeks, that Bill Sparkman's hanging was a ruse to
mask his suicide for a big insurance payout.
Apparently he did. Or so the police thinks. Bet the insurance companies are glad.

Quote :
The key clue was the lack of defense wounds — the only visible marks on his body were a furrow around his neck and insect bites.
"Underneath
the tape there was no trauma, and that's what I always want to look
for," said Dr. Cristin Rolf, deputy state medical examiner. "If there
is ever a homicide, a healthy person would put up a good fight and you
would see injury and trauma to the neck and to the arms."
If you are paralyzed by shock and fear, you must have done it yourself!
Back to top Go down
KelinciHutan
Global Nomad
Global Nomad
KelinciHutan

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 6:08 am

Shisaiga wrote:
Quote :
The key clue was the lack of defense wounds — the only visible marks on his body were a furrow around his neck and insect bites.

"Underneath the tape there was no trauma, and that's what I always want to look for," said Dr. Cristin Rolf, deputy state medical examiner. "If there is ever a homicide, a healthy person would put up a good fight and you would see injury and trauma to the neck and to the arms."
If you are paralyzed by shock and fear, you must have done it yourself!
Right. It's not like this guy is an ME who routinely handles homicides and knows what that looks like. Because it would have made sense to have someone like that examine the body so they must have gotten a contractor or something to do the autopsy. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 9:54 am

Shisaiga wrote:
If you are paralyzed by shock and fear, you must have done it yourself are a blonde in a horror movie!
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:52 pm

Shisaiga wrote:
Quote :
money.
Apparently he did. Or so the police thinks. Bet the insurance companies are glad.

Except if he did kill himself, his son's out of luck. Most insurance companies won't pay out if the person who was insured commits suicide, unless it can be proven he was incompetent and didn't realize what he was doing. This seems a little too methodical to be the work of someone who wasn't thinking rationally.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 9:26 pm

Who wants to bet most liberals aren't exactly going to seek this info out?

The public likes its stories. When we've heard enough of a story that it looks to be a good one, we stop listening. A month ago we saw all the liberals say something like this: "Innocent census worker, strung up and killed by anti-government zealots? Good story! Makes me feel self-righteous that I'm not like THOSE guys! Well, that story's done, where's the next one?"

But the story wasn't done. And they're going to keep bringing up the example of "that census worker in KY that got hanged!" to demonize their opponents even though it's false. Do liberals abuse this anywhere near the level of the hardcore conservatives? Hell no. Equivalency is a fallacy because even if things are similar, differences of degrees can make them different things.

Still, I'd like for people I agree with to be better than that.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 9:44 pm

(Reads Hermit's post) (Turns head to the side and reads Hermit's post)

You lost me somewhere in there. Who is the black hat media in your post?
Back to top Go down
frostflowers
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
frostflowers

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:52 pm

Lapin wrote:
(Reads Hermit's post) (Turns head to the side and reads Hermit's post)

You lost me somewhere in there. Who is the black hat media in your post?
I ... think it might be both liberals and hardcore conservatives. You know, to spread the blame around enough.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:16 am

I'm not saying it's the fault of the media. It's primarily the fault of the people.

Lemme try again.

I'm trying to say that when a news story reaches a conclusion the reader is okay with, they stop looking for more information about it. Even if new facts come to light weeks or months later, the original story is already "complete" in their minds so they won't bother taking in the new facts. They will also repeat the "old" version of the story because it suits their purposes. In this case, I wouldn't be surprised if, a few months down the line, a liberal blaming the lack of civility in the public discourse on Republicans; "After all," they'll say, "they killed that census worker in Kentucky!"

It's a part of human nature, not really the fault of the media per se.

I dunno, if I'm still not making sense I guess I'll go to bed.
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:31 am

TheHermit wrote:
I'm trying to say that when a news story reaches a conclusion the reader is okay with, they stop looking for more information about it. Even if new facts come to light weeks or months later, the original story is already "complete" in their minds so they won't bother taking in the new facts. They will also repeat the "old" version of the story because it suits their purposes.

Gotta agree with that; look at how many people cite the case of the McDonald's hot coffee lawsuit as an example of frivolous lawsuits. Or mention the poor 'dingos ate my baby' case.
Back to top Go down
Shisaiga
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Shisaiga

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:57 am

Rabid Badger wrote:
Shisaiga wrote:
Quote :
money.

Except if he did kill himself, his son's out of luck. Most insurance companies won't pay out if the person who was insured commits suicide, unless it can be proven he was incompetent and didn't realize what he was doing. This seems a little too methodical to be the work of someone who wasn't thinking rationally.
Duh, that's why the insurance company will be glad. If he did it himself, they won't have to pay~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky   Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Census Worker Hanged In Rural Kentucky
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2