Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years

Go down 
+3
Keith Fraser
Spotts1701
Malganis
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years Empty
PostSubject: Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years   Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:03 pm

IMHO, this has some rather disturbing parallels to the infamous Fritzl case.

Quote :
According to a Thursday press conference by California law enforcement
officials, Jaycee Lee Dugard, who was kidnapped at the age of 11 in
1991, has been kept in a rudimentary shed in the backyard of her
captors for the last 18 years and forced to bear two children at the
hands of Phillip Garrido, a registered sex offender on lifetime federal
parole.

Let's see... kidnapped at a young age, kept in a homemade prison, bears rapist's children...

Quote :
According to El Dorado County Under Sherriff Fred Kollar, Nancy Garrido
was with her husband, Philip Garrido, 58, when he kidnapped Dugard
while the girl was waiting for a school bus in 1991.

Since then the girl has been forced to live in a "backyard within a backyard" that
was accessible only through a series of tarps and sheds, which were
erected to make Dugard and her children both unseen and unheard, said
Kollar.

None of the structures were visible from neighbors’ houses, which were not more than a few feet away.

"All of the sheds had electricity by cords, rudimentary outhouse and shower, as if you were camping," Kollar said.

Dugard never attempted to contact police or her own family
throughout her nearly two-decade ordeal, said Kollar. She bore two
daughters to Garrido, who are now ages 11 and 15. None of the children
have ever been to school or a doctor, he added.

Since Dugard is now 29 years old, she apparently had her first child at 14 years of age.

According to Kollar's timeline, Garrido came to the attention of
police on August 25 when he and the two girls were handing out flyers
on the campus of U.C. Berkeley, advertising a religious speaking event.

Oh, and get what this sicko had been charged with previously... what earned him his "lifetime federal parole"...

Quote :
The background check turned up Phillip Garrido's past offenses: a rape
and kidnapping conviction from 1971. He was on federal parole.

Let's just break this down, shall we?

Quote :
The background check turned up Phillip Garrido's past offenses: a rape
and kidnapping conviction
from 1971. He was on federal parole.

Quote :
...a rape
from 1971. He was on federal parole.

Quote :
...a rape
... on federal parole.

...Yeah, if you're wondering why this guy was even free to be walking around other, non-rapist, non-kidnapper citizens, let alone free to kidnap, rape, and imprison a girl for almost two decades, you're wondering the same exact thing I'm wondering right now.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years   Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:21 pm

Posted this in the Antidote section because she was found alive (most people here had accepted she was dead many years ago).

As to why he was out on parole...he was convicted in 1976 on rape and kidnapping charges. Because he took his victim across state lines, the federal charges were added. He received a 5-years-to-life Nevada sentence and a 50 year federal sentence to be served concurrently.

Under federal parole guidelines in effect at the time of his sentencing, he became eligible for parole after serving 10 years (because the sentence was not an indeterminate one like the Nevada one).

He was paroled in 1988 after serving 11 years. Based on what I can see, at the time federal prisons were being squeezed with more violent offenders and more drug cases going in than prisoners being paroled or serving their full sentence.

In his case, they likely classified his probability to reoffend as "low" and felt that the sex offender classification and lifetime parole were sufficient deterrents.

What can I say? You can't hit a home run every time up.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Child kidnapper says he is in a 'very serious situation' and his story is 'heartwarming'   Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:39 pm

Missing US girl found 18 years on

Sex offender's rambling account

Quote :
A US woman found after being abducted as a girl in 1991 gave birth to two children fathered by her alleged kidnapper - the first when she was 14.
Their identities were revealed after police spotted Mr Garrido as he handed out religious literature at the University of California Berkeley campus with the two young children.
He raised suspicions because as a registered sex offender he was not allowed to be with young children.

On hearing this story, Josef Fritzl commented as follows: Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years 724940

Quote :
In a telephone interview from prison with the KCRA-TV station, Mr Garrido said he had not admitted to abduction and that the birth of the first child 15 years ago had changed his life.
"If you take this a step at a time, you're going to fall over backward and in the end you're going to find the most powerful, heart-warming story," he said.

ORLY? I hate to think what his 'religious literature' is like. Some clues may lie in the content of his interview (discussed at the second link):

Quote :
Mr Garrido's responses to the questions were often rambling.
He repeatedly referred to a tranche of documents that he had left with the FBI in San Francisco - urging the media to read them.
"These are for you, the media, they have an investigation in them and powerful witnesses concerning my situation. What you will have in your hands will take [sic] world news immediately," he said.
Mr Garrido admitted he was in a "very serious situation",

YA THINK? He doesn't want to talk about the actual abduction until he speaks to a lawyer, so he's contenting himself with self-important babblings and WTFery.

Quote :
but again stressed the documents would be vital.
"They're going to be part of the trial because this is going to be a major trial," he said, adding that the law enforcement authorities were "really impressed" with the papers.

"This is going to look great on 'America's most delusional criminals XXVI'!"

Quote :
They would "explain something that humans have not understood well".
He added: "I tell you here's the story of what took place at this house and you're going to be absolutely impressed."

"...with my ability to redefine my entire previous life through the lens of my fundamentalist born-again (pseudo-)religious epiphany!"

Quote :
"It's a disgusting thing that took place with me from the beginning."

Yes, yes it is. Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years 585516

Quote :
"But I turned my life completely around," he said.

Oh, well, that's hunky-dory then. You may have abducted a child and turned her into your sexual plaything, but at least you found Jesus/Barney/The Flying Spaghetti Monster! No Quite how he 'turned his life completely around' will have to wait until his Very Secret Documents are released:

Quote :
His voice faltering, he said: "Having those two girls - they slept in my arms every single night - from birth - I never kissed them, you have to take this a step at a time."

I really hope this isn't implying what I think it's implying. Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years 556166 Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years 57923

Quote :
Mr Garrido then again referred to his trial, saying: "You're going to be in a state of shock when you see how many hundreds of thousands of people are going to be coming out of the woodwork to start testifying about something."
He was unclear on the nature of the testimony, but did say: "The federal government will end up being involved."
"Just read the documents."

:roflmao:. But also Crying or Very sad.

He even appears to have a blog, which is even nuttier and contains a bunch of stuff about hearing voices and the helpful discovery that the US Federal Government is NOT the source of mind control. Signs point, I think, to this guy being a schizophrenic or something of the sort, though I'm not sure that explains, let alone mitigates, his kidnapping a girl and fathering kids on her when she was 14.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years   Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:52 pm

God, some people will claim anything to get a little sympathy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years   Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 5:06 pm

Keith Fraser wrote:
Signs point, I think, to this guy being a schizophrenic or something of the sort, though I'm not sure that explains, let alone mitigates, his kidnapping a girl and fathering kids on her when she was 14.
That is actually exactly what that would do. :|
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years   Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 7:17 pm

You can't mitigate stuff like this. Explain it, sure, but not mitigate it. Schizophrenia is treatable with medication. He should have been getting treated instead of kidnapping and raping children.
Back to top Go down
007bistromath
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years   Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 7:41 pm

Well, look at the shit he's saying. It is not exactly difficult to spot somebody who is crazy. Somebody should've been able to do that before. He should've been part of the system.

It is a necessity to remove people such as this from society, because the purpose of any criminal handling system is public safety and order. I am not disputing that the guy needs to be brought in and dealt with in a strict manner. The idea that he is responsible for his actions, however, shows a clear failure to understand the concept of mental illness. Evil people do bad things that make sense. The thing you need to understand is that schizophrenia is, at root, an involuntary and irresistible version of cognitive dissonance, or "doublethink."

The chemical mechanics of mental illness, as a rule, are poorly understood, to the point that the best rigorous scientific study has to offer looks like a half-assed guess in any other field. If this guy were on medication, there's a better than even chance that the main way the situation would be different is that he'd have been caught earlier due to errors of planning from being doped into submission by military-grade antipsychotics.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years   Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:56 pm

This was reported in my paper too, The Washington Post. There were a few more interesting little tidbits. For example, did you know that despite regular visits from his parole officer, the officer never noticed the structure in the backyard?

Did you know that the neighbors were aware he was a sex offender? When a or several neighbors heard what sounded like children in his backyard, they called the police. The police were not only lazy to respond, the officer they finally sent out never even checked the house. He knocked on the door, asked some questions then left, according to a neighbor.

Because the fact that a neighbor suspects that a registered sex offender has children in his custody is not worth investigating apparently. I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Spotts1701
Spotts1701

PostSubject: Re: Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years   Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:07 pm

Lapin wrote:
Because the fact that a neighbor suspects that a registered sex offender has children in his custody is not worth investigating apparently. I don't know.

It would have helped if the investigating deputy had actually...well, investigated. The deputy came out, took a look around the front yard, talked to him for a few minutes, and then left.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years   Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:09 pm

...Thus my sarcasm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years   Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaycee Lee Dugard found alive, held prisoner in shed for 18 years
Page 1 of 1