Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Spotts1701
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Spotts1701

After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home Empty
PostSubject: After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home   After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:50 pm

1991 kidnapping case solved

Quote :
A woman who was snatched from a bus stop as an 11-year-old child in 1991 turned up this week after being held for the past 18 years in isolation in a backyard compound by a convicted sex offender who fathered two children with her, police said Thursday.

On Thursday, Jaycee Lee Dugard was reunited with her mother, who was overjoyed to learn the daughter she feared dead was alive.

I actually remember when this happened. I'm just a few months older than Jaycee Lee, and for months afterwards in this area everyone was extremely vigilant in keeping an eye out for her.

Quote :
Police said Phillip Garrido, 58, held her the entire time as a virtual slave, sheltered from the outside world in tents, sheds and outbuildings in the backyard of his home in suburban Antioch.

"None of the children have ever been to school, they've never been to a doctor," El Dorado County Undersheriff Fred Kollar said at a news conference. "They were kept in complete isolation in this compound, if you will."

Shades of the Elizabeth Smart case in this - as well as the Austrian case that broke just a while back.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home   After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:57 pm

Wow, I'm glad she's alive and well after all of these years. I wonder what's going to happen to her kids. I mean, it'll be hard for them, at first, to start school and a normal life.
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home   After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 6:59 pm

It's great she's been found. How horrible for her, though. I hope she's able to have something of a decent life.
Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home   After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 7:20 pm

It's good she's been reunited with her mom, but I imagine it's going to take a lot of therapy to work through all the shit she and her kids have been put through over the last 18 years.

And why would a woman let her husband do something like this? She had to have known what was going on. He was already a convicted sex offender before he kidnapped the girl.
Back to top Go down
Chaltab
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Chaltab

PostSubject: Re: After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home   After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 7:04 pm

Eighteen years. Good lord I cannot imagine being held captive for eighteen months. She spent more time away from her mother than she did with her!

My prayers go out to this family, because I suspect there will be a long recovery process for this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home   After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home Empty

Back to top Go down

After 18 years, Jaycee Lee Dugard comes home
Page 1 of 1