Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts.

Go down 
+19
Saleha
KGarrett
Manny
Melissa
Sorsa A. Jänis
fishstickhater
Avari
Atramentua
The Unoriginal
Chris91
Dick Powers
unskilled78
Raine
T.S.Orr
Mikey Go WOOGA
Lady Anne
Chaltab
Mafiosa
Spotts1701
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts.   Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:22 pm

Did we have a radiation leak in Florida?
Back to top Go down
Atramentua

Atramentua

PostSubject: Re: Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts.   Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts. - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:56 pm

Avari wrote:
Atramentua wrote:
Y'know, Unoriginal, in spite of the violence that has been committed by Islamic extremists, I think generalizing the whole fucking religion is a bad idea.
... Have you read the Unoriginal's post in it's entirety, especially the "I am absolutely with you" part?

OH FFFFFFF-- I'm sorry about that. I misinterpreted what he said there.

Sorry, Unoriginal.
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts.   Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 2:53 pm

Atramentua wrote:
Sorry, Unoriginal.
No skin off my nose, my wording was a bit twisted.
Back to top Go down
DarthDarthington
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DarthDarthington

PostSubject: Re: Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts.   Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:00 pm

My high school was weird with its clothing rules. Girls broke the rules about shorts-length all the time, and never got in trouble for it. I once got in trouble for wearing an AC/DC shirt when I was a freshman, but some senior came to school every other day in a shirt that said "Chronic the Hedgehog" and portrayed Sonic with bloodshot eyes holding a joint and nobody said shit to him.

Also, I had private lulz about one of those "OMG Christians are persecuted" people wearing a shirt fairly often that said something like "Yes, I'm a Christian... I dare you to lock me up!"
Back to top Go down
DeeDee
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
DeeDee

PostSubject: Re: Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts.   Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 4:30 pm

I tend to be of the opinion that public schools shouldn't censor students without good reason. In private schools, anything goes pretty much.

But I'd call this a good reason, and a case of dress codes working well.

Those t-shirts, while falling under freedom of speech, don't even seem related to religious expression to me. It's not like bashing Islam, let alone openly, is a major tenet of the Christian faith and something that all Christians must observe. If you're going to flaunt your prejudices, don't use religion as a cop-out.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts.   Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 9:31 am

I miss the days when Bart Simpson T-shirts stirred up controversy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts.   Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Students sent home for wearing "Islam is of the devil" shirts.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2