Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Overrated Games

Go down 
+43
WD40
Disco Stu
Rulke55
Aggie
V3N0M
Eeveegou
Kevin M
Raine
XLT-100852.0
TheIan
myeerah
JxKfan
Lurv
TheHermit
Mafiosa
Saleha
Sloth
frostflowers
Maximilia
Kari Izumi
Exodia's Right Leg
Electron Blue
Waffles
Alhazred
Miss Prince
Manny
theweirdkind
Notomys mordax
Delcat
Lysander
Penguin
Kitbug
Somath Cegem
saeku
KGarrett
Mae Bedlam
Freezer
KJM
Mikey Go WOOGA
Dick Powers
Rizale
unskilled78
Chaltab
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

Overrated Games - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 7:31 am

TheHermit wrote:
Exodia's Right Leg wrote:
I started my post saying that I liked the games. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If you didn't like the Colossus battles, what exactly DID you like about SotC? Seriouspost. It's a little like saying you enjoy Mario games but can't stand the jumping.
I was just grasping for straws there. That piece of criticism was a courtesy of my cousin, the shallowest gamer I've ever known.
Back to top Go down
Maximilia
My spoon is too big.
My spoon is too big.
Maximilia

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:07 pm

I REALLY liked FF: Tactics. The others I could take or leave.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Penguin wrote:
Quote :
It's like a really good MMORPG

No such thing.

I will stab you in the spleen with a Tootsie Pop. Colbert
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:47 am

A fan of mumorpergers, Mikey?
Back to top Go down
JxKfan

JxKfan

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:56 pm

Kingdom Hearts
Shadow of the Colossus
God of War
Halo
Call of Duty
Overrated =/= bad, I like some of the games, the first Kingdom Hearts was playable, but the second game wasn't as great as the first. Shadow of the Colossus like Halo and Call of Duty was a good looking game graphic wise, but graphics don't make the game.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:15 pm

JxKfan wrote:
Shadow of the Colossus like Halo and Call of Duty was a good looking game graphic wise, but graphics don't make the game.

...What. What is wrong with you.
Back to top Go down
TheHermit
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
TheHermit

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Shadow of the Colossus has pacing problems. There's a lot of scenery, but a good 90% of it is totally superfluous to anything you're doing in the actual game (supposedly there are hidden goodies that give you more hit points/extra grip, but I beat the game without finding a single one and didn't think it was terribly difficult) The method to beat some of the colossi are very non-intuitive, and to compound this the hints are frequently obtuse. The plot isn't nearly as deep or immersive as people like to pretend it is. None of these problems seriously detracts from my opinion of the game. It's never taken me more than about twenty minutes to find a colossus when I decided I wanted to kill some dudes, I only had to GameFAQs one boss to figure out how to kill him, and frankly a game has to get into Braid levels of unwarranted self-importance before it starts to annoy me.

Just because a game isn't perfect doesn't mean it's overrated.

Oh wait, did you really compare Halo to SotC? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Alhazred
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Alhazred

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 5:06 am

Since when does Call of Duty have good graphics?

This is good graphics.

This is good graphics.

This is good graphics.

This is good graphics.

Call of Duty is a modified Quake II engine. It's a modified Quake II engine running a series of games I get more than a hundred hours each out of, so I don't particularly care what the graphics quality is at the end of the day, but a shining example of what developers pushing the limits of immersive visuals can do, it is not.

Back to top Go down
myeerah
Contributor
Contributor
myeerah

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:39 am

TheHermit wrote:
The plot isn't nearly as deep or immersive as people like to pretend it is.

That's because the plot is largely a mystery. It's exactly as deep and immersive as you want it to be.
Back to top Go down
TheIan
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheIan

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:54 am

Shadow the Hedgehog.

My friend would not shut up at all about how AWESOME and FUN and COOL and OMGTHISGAMEISSOFUCKINGAMAZINGIJIZZEDMYPANTS. Then again, my friend was a douche.

I couldn't stand playing it for FIVE MINUTES. The story was stupid, the gameplay was somewhat decent, but the overall concept of giving a gun to a furry based on another furry that ran really fast to save the world was kind of ridiculous.

Dragon Ball Z Fighting games.

I honestly fail to see to necessity of adding to every game another hundred different characters to every new game. And compiling all 500,000 sagas to every game? Too bad it doesn't bring anything new to the gameplay experience.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:08 am

Everyone except Harley and your idiot friend thinks Shadow the Hedgehog sucked. It is not overrated.
Back to top Go down
XLT-100852.0
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
XLT-100852.0

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:58 pm

TheIan wrote:
lol shadow the hedgehog
You've greatly underestimated the word 'overrated".
Back to top Go down
Raine
Challenge Winner!
Challenge Winner!
Raine

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 3:23 pm

TheIan wrote:
Shadow the Hedgehog.

My friend would not shut up at all about how AWESOME and FUN and COOL and OMGTHISGAMEISSOFUCKINGAMAZINGIJIZZEDMYPANTS. Then again, my friend was a douche.

I couldn't stand playing it for FIVE MINUTES. The story was stupid, the gameplay was somewhat decent, but the overall concept of giving a gun to a furry based on another furry that ran really fast to save the world was kind of ridiculous.

Dragon Ball Z Fighting games.

I honestly fail to see to necessity of adding to every game another hundred different characters to every new game. And compiling all 500,000 sagas to every game? Too bad it doesn't bring anything new to the gameplay experience.

Well, at least they don't think Sonic 2006 is a good game...

And nobody really cares about the actual plot of DBZ games. It's a beat-em-up game that can work surprisingly well at times. The fanboys simply play it for the awesome finishing moves... and lasers. Lots and lots of lasers.
Back to top Go down
Kevin M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Kevin M

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 8:56 pm

Madden Football.

Everyone of it's incarnations is basically the same game, slapped with a slight improvement in graphics, more players, and new music added. The game hasn't seen any type of significant improvement since 2001, and yet people calls this the best sports game of all time. I'll still play the game when I'm over at my friend's house, and I still find it fun. I just don't believe the hype.
Back to top Go down
Eeveegou
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Eeveegou

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:59 am

Kevin M wrote:
Madden Football.

Everyone of it's incarnations is basically the same game, slapped with a slight improvement in graphics, more players, and new music added. The game hasn't seen any type of significant improvement since 2001, and yet people calls this the best sports game of all time. I'll still play the game when I'm over at my friend's house, and I still find it fun. I just don't believe the hype.

You'll probably just have to wait until the actual game of football incorporates something like jet packs or guns.
Back to top Go down
http://eeveegou.deviantart.com
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 7:18 am

Kevin M wrote:
Madden Football.

Sports simulations in general suffer from that, and especially popular sports since people want regular roster updates. The rules don't change, so they're left with simulation tweaks and adding side features.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 4:58 pm

Dishonored.

Maybe it's just because I'm bad at it, but the stealth is awkward. I've been spoiled by Assassin's Creed, which is the best stealth based action EVER. I've heard everyone rave over all of the cool powers you get and how they allow you 9001 different options for dealing with any situation, but they're all tied to a tiny little pool of mana that only slightly regenerates. This results in you having nigh infinite X-Ray vision, but every other power will deplete your mana pool and leave you with one way to solve problems from then on (hint: stab things).

AND THOSE FUCKING RATS

ETA:

KGarret wrote:
Well, I did personally think Mass Effect failed to live up to the heaps of praise, so it fits. It was a boring, overly clichéd, poorly plotted and planned mess.

It's like he went into the future, played Mass Effect 3, and came back to warn us.

But forgot to hit the "3" key.

The first game was the best game in the series, and one of the greatest things ever created by humanity. ME2 was good for ONE play through, but if you want to get all the different results from the different choices made throughout the series, you'll play ME2 SO MANY FUCKING TIMES you'll want the UN to pass a resolution making it's distribution a crime against humanity. It got stale REALLY quick because it was much more linear than the first game. You just had a series of these missions, most of which basically drop you at one end of a tunnel, put a lot of baddies in the tunnel, and tell you to shoot your way to the other end of the tunnel.

Then along came Mass Effect 3 which had SO MUCH PROMISE and was SO GOOD for the first 75% of the game but then you went to TIM's HQ and shit went sideways in the most tragic, disappointing manner ever. EA ruins everything.
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 1:37 pm

Eeveegou wrote:
Kevin M wrote:
Madden Football.

You'll probably just have to wait until the actual game of football incorporates something like jet packs or guns.

Then use the time saved to work on the AI so it doesn't have to rubberband anymore, and add more options for create-a-team. There, I just saved the franchise, you're welcome.

Last edited by V3N0M on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 3:33 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

KGarret wrote:
Well, I did personally think Mass Effect failed to live up to the heaps of praise, so it fits. It was a boring, overly clichéd, poorly plotted and planned mess.

It's like he went into the future, played Mass Effect 3, and came back to warn us.

The first game was the best game in the series, and one of the greatest things ever created by humanity. ME2 was good for ONE play through, but if you want to get all the different results from the different choices made throughout the series, you'll play ME2 SO MANY FUCKING TIMES you'll want the UN to pass a resolution making it's distribution a crime against humanity. It got stale REALLY quick because it was much more linear than the first game. You just had a series of these missions, most of which basically drop you at one end of a tunnel, put a lot of baddies in the tunnel, and tell you to shoot your way to the other end of the tunnel.

Then along came Mass Effect 3 which had SO MUCH PROMISE and was SO GOOD for the first 75% of the game but then you went to TIM's HQ and shit went sideways in the most tragic, disappointing manner ever. EA ruins everything.

My god. Here is a Mikey post I agree with 100%. I'm kind of frightened now. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 02, 2013 5:30 pm

Aggie wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:

KGarret wrote:

My god. Here is a Mikey post I agree with 100%. I'm kind of frightened now. Shocked

Your agreeing with bad grammar disgusts me and I have no desire to further associate with the likes of you.
Back to top Go down
V3N0M
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
V3N0M

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Pokemon. The press honeymoon is still going, there are whole sites dedicating to building the optimal team for multiplayer, and the pit is full of pokebestiality fics, but when you get right down to it every game is the same grindfest (especially after you learn what EVs are, fuck that.) Real jobs are less repetitive and pay better.
Back to top Go down
Rulke55

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 6:38 pm

Okay I only ever played the first and never saw huge attraction of it, but I would say God of War, sure it's got great hack-n-slash elements, but when it comes down to it there revenge and then their being sociopathic asshole. At least in the most famous revenge story Count of Monte Cristo, Edmund Dantes shows no one can live for revenge or vengeance and hurt all these people without consequences. Kratos waltzes up and defeats a whole pantheon pretty much and is allowed. I call bullshit, but maybe that's what it is, but then it's promoting revenge which is far more questionable than anything.

Those who live for revenge should realize in the end how they wasted their lives.

Just my opinion.

As for any other games, hmm canne think of anything, may come back to this.
Back to top Go down
Disco Stu
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Disco Stu

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 7:15 pm

V3N0M wrote:
Pokemon. The press honeymoon is still going, there are whole sites dedicating to building the optimal team for multiplayer, and the pit is full of pokebestiality fics, but when you get right down to it every game is the same grindfest (especially after you learn what EVs are, fuck that.) Real jobs are less repetitive and pay better.

I can't see the appeal anymore, but when I was 11 I fucking loved that shit to fucking death.

When I think about a game enough and why it should be awful Because I Think It Should Be, I remember that I haven't exactly played anything recent. But by the time Mario Party 6 came around, I wanted to crash that infinitely stupid-ass party because it wasn't fucking fun to play at all! You'd be playing with two friends and your girlfriend and how the fuck are you going to arrange it so she would win? You can't!. Not saying that party games should be easier to cheat with, but we got in a horrible argument at the time because of it (which was doubly stupid because fuck, we were stupid). Oh, in this iteration you can jump over this thing. Or throw that thing. Or drive this. Or what the fuck EVER that fucking SHIT is. It's monotonous and the game music can fucking BLOW ME.

Didn't help I had a depressed roommate who lived in the living room and played that dumb shit 24/7 and nearly shit his pants when we dared to turn off the fucking TV. Like goddamn it bro, you're 21! You're a roommate! We aren't your fucking parents!!! You get foodstamps and buy nothing but motherfucking Annie Chun dinners!

But then there was this whole other drama where he lied about having lost all his identification cards at someone's house so he couldn't get a job, wouldn't let one of us buy him a new ID.... because his name wasn't his name and didn't want any of us to know that his birth name was Sarah or something or other

But still man at least be up front and not play Mario Party 6 all damn day.
This shit went on for months and the (again stupid) justification was my girlfriend stayed over a lot, so roommate got to let Mister Eternal Mario Party stay over a lot too.
Eurgh, fucking god man that wasn't a good time.
Bad memories.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:08 pm

Rulke55 wrote:
Okay I only ever played the first and never saw huge attraction of it, but I would say God of War, sure it's got great hack-n-slash elements, but when it comes down to it there revenge and then their being sociopathic asshole. At least in the most famous revenge story Count of Monte Cristo, Edmund Dantes shows no one can live for revenge or vengeance and hurt all these people without consequences. Kratos waltzes up and defeats a whole pantheon pretty much and is allowed. I call bullshit, but maybe that's what it is, but then it's promoting revenge which is far more questionable than anything.

Those who live for revenge should realize in the end how they wasted their lives.

Just my opinion.

First of all, because you're a raging cookiepuss and don't agree with the game's "message" or whatever doesn't mean a game is bad. It may be overrated because there is an insane following of overzealous neckbeards for that game.

Secondly, I think Kratos realizes he went a bit overboard and caused completely unnecessary chaos by killing the entire Pantheon, even those who were kind of sympathetic to him, by the end of the third game.

Killing Aries in the first game was totally justified.

Disco Stu wrote:
V3N0M wrote:

I can't see the appeal anymore, but when I was 11 I fucking loved that shit to fucking death.

When I think about a game enough and why it should be awful Because I Think It Should Be, I remember that I haven't exactly played anything recent. But by the time Mario Party 6 came around, I wanted to crash that infinitely stupid-ass party because it wasn't fucking fun to play at all! You'd be playing with two friends and your girlfriend and how the fuck are you going to arrange it so she would win? You can't!. Not saying that party games should be easier to cheat with, but we got in a horrible argument at the time because of it (which was doubly stupid because fuck, we were stupid). Oh, in this iteration you can jump over this thing. Or throw that thing. Or drive this. Or what the fuck EVER that fucking SHIT is. It's monotonous and the game music can fucking BLOW ME.

Didn't help I had a depressed roommate who lived in the living room and played that dumb shit 24/7 and nearly shit his pants when we dared to turn off the fucking TV. Like goddamn it bro, you're 21! You're a roommate! We aren't your fucking parents!!! You get foodstamps and buy nothing but motherfucking Annie Chun dinners!

But then there was this whole other drama where he lied about having lost all his identification cards at someone's house so he couldn't get a job, wouldn't let one of us buy him a new ID.... because his name wasn't his name and didn't want any of us to know that his birth name was Sarah or something or other

But still man at least be up front and not play Mario Party 6 all damn day.
This shit went on for months and the (again stupid) justification was my girlfriend stayed over a lot, so roommate got to let Mister Eternal Mario Party stay over a lot too.
Eurgh, fucking god man that wasn't a good time.
Bad memories.

Allow me to summarize: Mario Party 6 is a bad game because my roommate is completely fucking insane and the fucking music.
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 3:06 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Rulke55 wrote:

Just my opinion.

First of all, because you're a raging cookiepuss and don't agree with the game's "message" or whatever doesn't mean a game is bad. It may be overrated because there is an insane following of overzealous neckbeards for that game.

Secondly, I think Kratos realizes he went a bit overboard and caused completely unnecessary chaos by killing the entire Pantheon, even those who were kind of sympathetic to him, by the end of the third game.

Killing Aries in the first game was totally justified.

I genuinely know three people who refuse to have anything to do with any part of the God of War game franchise because God of War 3 was so bad it ruined everything forever. They've all said that they can't even play the first game anymore because they know it'll lead into GoW3.

All three of them are Mass Effect fans who have restarted the first 2 games to remind themselves why they loved it so much after the ME3 ending was so shit. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overrated Games   Overrated Games - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Overrated Games
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next