Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Annoying Television Personalities

Go down 
+40
VB
Alex89
vade
Chris91
Reepicheep-chan
Bad Luck Charm
Malganis
SokMunkie
Mafiosa
karmyn31
Yattara
Princess Muse
Mr. Comic Book
Cactus Wren
Mikey Go WOOGA
Miss Misery
Lexin
Saleha
theweirdkind
Waffles
EileenK98
Loki
Rabid Badger
tim gueguen
Dr. Professor Science
Tungsten Monk
anangrychocobo
Penguin
unskilled78
quamp
Chaltab
Spotts1701
Narwhal
Aggie
Raine
gaijinguy
ZoZo
Delcat
Inciter
Sakurelf
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 10:40 am

karmyn31 wrote:
Yeah, but Dr. Ruth is cool and she was sniper in the Army. Unlike Mr. Rogers or John Denver.

You might wanna specify whose army it was.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 11:50 am

Cactus Wren wrote:
For me it was her relentless plugging of The Secret, and her obstinate refusal to see the Unfortunate Implications: that if (as the author said) "when you think a thought, you are attracting like thoughts to you", if "everything that's coming into your life you are attracting into your life" -- then Oprah herself attracted her grinding childhood poverty, her chronic weight problems, and her repeated molestation. She must have been thinking about them, so they manifested in her life. After all, as the author said -- in these exact words -- "The only reason any person does not have enough money is because they are blocking money from coming to them with their thoughts."

Self-Help's Slimy "Secret"

Interestingly, 'Christian' proponents of what's known as the 'prosperity gospel', 'name it and claim it doctrine' (or, more crudely, 'blab it and grab it'), say much the same thing: that if you fear things and speak about this fear aloud, you cause what you fear to happen because words have power and so you've created the very problems in your life that you're trying to avoid because you're talking about them.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 1:53 pm

Aggie wrote:
Raine wrote:
Sakurelf wrote:
Mary Murphy, one of the judges on So You Think You Can Dance. Good god, someone make this woman shut up. I don't care how much ballroom experience she has. In professional sports, your opinion of the performance can be summarized with a fraction of ten. There is absolutely no need to scream yourself hoarse after every single performance. Shut up. Just... shut up.

THIS. They're showing the US series over here now, and as much as I love that show to bits, I have to change the channel as soon as the routine is over. The Hot Tamale Train has come so many times the ticket isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Thirded ...

Fourthed. I want to duct-tape her screeching mouth shut. :hair: Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 57923
Back to top Go down
Bad Luck Charm
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Bad Luck Charm

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 4:20 pm

I am really getting tired of Oprah Whinfrey. She comes across to me as stuck up, and her ego rivals Bono's.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 27, 2009 11:50 pm

Umm... does Carlos Mencia count?
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 9:49 am

Probably. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
vade

vade

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:09 am

Lil Mama. She's younger than half the dancers that she judges on America's Best Dance Crew. And she's not exactly a prodigy, either.
Back to top Go down
Alex89

Alex89

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:39 am

vade wrote:
Lil Mama. She's younger than half the dancers that she judges on America's Best Dance Crew. And she's not exactly a prodigy, either.

She's got a bit of an ego, too, if her jumping on stage during the VMA's is any indication.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 10:59 am

Wrenny wrote:
For me it was her relentless plugging of The Secret, and her obstinate refusal to see the Unfortunate Implications: that if (as the author said) "when you think a thought, you are attracting like thoughts to you", if "everything that's coming into your life you are attracting into your life" -- then Oprah herself attracted her grinding childhood poverty, her chronic weight problems, and her repeated molestation.

Obviously she did. I mean, who can't control who they're born to? And her fatty fat fatness is CLEARLY because she refuses to stop inhaling every marginally edible object placed in front of her. And we all know that 10 year old girls are ALL asking for it. Razz

But seriously, her weight problems are her own fault. As Brian Griffin said "PUT DOWN THE FORK! FACE!!!"

Penguin wrote:
Spoiler:

That's true. Whenever I see someone in a good mood, prancing about with their eyeballs all up in their heads, spouting sunshine from every pore of their body, I feel like I have to fix it. Razz

And there's probably a WEE bit of truth to all of that dude's bullshit. I make many more putts when I have confidence that I'm going to make them and believe that it's as good as sunk than I do when I'm nervous and doubtful about it.

However that only goes so far, my pessimism about the weather doesn't likely cause it to rain. If it does, I'm joining the X-Men.
Back to top Go down
VB
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
VB

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 1:16 pm

No one has mentioned Tyra Banks so far? Her mememe bullshit has grown exponentially over the years, until now she can't go five seconds without endless showboating and turning the conversation back around to her. "Oh, you were molested? That reminds me of the time that someone ripped my Gucci dress at a show in Milan..."

Not to mention that lately her show has become all about how much she hates sex. Premarital sex, lesbian sex, teenage sex... All of it is awful, STD-ridden, ungodly badness! And if you do it, you're a slut who'll never get a man to marry you!

Last edited by VB on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laika_09

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 2:45 pm

I didn’t like Tyra much in the beginning, but I stopped watching her completely when I saw her blew up at Tiffany. Maybe the way Tiffany tried to lighten up the mood was not the right way, but Tyra turned the situation to her and that was disgusting to watch. My sisters love her shows. I have to step out most times because I keep going back to that one scene.

When did she ever give the message that sex was bad? I would’ve hear my sisters yap about it if they’ve seen it.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 10:42 am

Who the piss is Tyra Banks?
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:46 pm

Penguin wrote:

Wiki to the rescue!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is she the one who clocked some people who took her photo while she was sleeping on an airplane or am I thinking of someone else?
Back to top Go down
Saleha
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Saleha

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 2:16 pm

Melissa wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Wiki to the rescue!

Is she the one who clocked some people who took her photo while she was sleeping on an airplane or am I thinking of someone else?

I believe that would be Naomi Campbell, but I'm not 100% positive.
Back to top Go down
http://diva-urd.livejournal.com/
Melissa
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 3:13 pm

Saleha wrote:
Melissa wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Wiki to the rescue!

I believe that would be Naomi Campbell, but I'm not 100% positive.

Went to wiki again. Yeah, it was Naomi. Woman's got problems.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 7:30 pm

Penguin wrote:

Super Model turned massive, useless annoyance.
Back to top Go down
Root Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Root Admin

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 8:48 pm

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Supermodels were always annoyances, if not massive.
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Nihilist wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Heidi Klum isn't. Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 309696

No other exceptions come to mind.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 4:44 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Mikey, sweetie, you're mixing up "being hot" with "not being annoying" again.

Saying that, Heidi is slightly less offensively annoying that Tyra. This does not stop me watching America's Next Top Model at all. :whisper:
Back to top Go down
Mikey Go WOOGA
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Mikey Go WOOGA

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 10:33 am

ZoZo wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Penguin wrote:

Saying that, Heidi is slightly less offensively annoying that Tyra. This does not stop me watching America's Next Top Model at all. :whisper:

I'm pretty sure Klum isn't annoying. scratch

I haven't heard of her doing anything annoying. Just VW and Guitar Hero commercials. And that one episode of Spin City.

She doesn't seem to have NEARLY the ego of Tyra Banks (or maybe Klum has the sense not to spray a massive, unearned ego all over network television), and she hasn't beaned anyone with a cell phone. AND she isn't fucking Tom Brady. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 10:48 am

Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Nihilist wrote:
Mikey Go WOOGA wrote:
Penguin wrote:

I'm pretty sure Klum isn't annoying. scratch

I haven't heard of her doing anything annoying. Just VW and Guitar Hero commercials. And that one episode of Spin City.

She doesn't seem to have NEARLY the ego of Tyra Banks (or maybe Klum has the sense not to spray a massive, unearned ego all over network television), and she hasn't beaned anyone with a cell phone. AND she isn't fucking Tom Brady. Razz

She's also the host of Project Runway. She carries herself very well and is gracious even when critiquing people's awful crap.
Tim Gunn is also not annoying. He is a god among men.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 10:52 am

I hate that lady with the red lipstick in the Progressive insurance commercials. And words cannot begin to describe the depth of my hatred for Tyler Perry. How the hell does that guy have a career?!
Back to top Go down
SokMunkie
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
SokMunkie

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 6:16 am

Does Tyra Banks think she's funny when she does all that weird shit on "America's Next Top Model"? Because she's not.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 10:07 am

SokMunkie wrote:
Does Tyra Banks think she's funny when she does all that weird shit on "America's Next Top Model"? Because she's not.
I think she might have gone a bit nuts. It certainly seems to have got more surreal as the years wear on.
Back to top Go down
cristina_chavia
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
cristina_chavia

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 1:51 pm

Yeah, Tyra has lost it. The seventeen squillion photos in the house of her is kinda creepy. And her weird buzzwords. Fierce is out. Tension is in.

Fell flat on your face? Needed tension. Took your eye out on a hairpin? Not enough tension.

It's so bizarre how quickly she can contradict herself. You should take risks, but not be weird. How any of the poor models are supposed to follow her advice is anyone's guess.

And she champions those unusual faces. You know, the ones that look exactly like someone from an earlier cycle. And all the bizarre "minorities" - OMSquee a size 8 and a girl with a scar! Run away!

And those weird shorts before judging. Tyra with children, saving the world! Ick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Annoying Television Personalities   Annoying Television Personalities - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Annoying Television Personalities
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3