Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Movies That Are Going to Rock!

Go down 
+19
EileenK98
T.S.Orr
Dr. Professor Science
Penguin
Dick Powers
Mafiosa
Lysander
fishstickhater
Lapin
Miss Prince
Aggie
A_Note_Chaotic
Delcat
Mae Bedlam
Lembech
Malganis
Narwhal
theweirdkind
I_Lam_Edhellen
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

Movies That Are Going to Rock! Empty
PostSubject: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:41 am

So, post here to tell us what you're racing to the box office to see.

This doesn't really count as a movie, but HBO is turning A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin into a television series. They've cast Sean Bean as Eddard Stark. By hook or by crook, this is a series that I must see.

Garo 'lass!
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 1:45 am

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

It's not so much about the Tim Burton part. It's just that I love Alice in Wonderland.
Back to top Go down
Narwhal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Narwhal

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 9:59 am

This is going to be spectacular.
Back to top Go down
Malganis
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Malganis

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:37 pm

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
So, post here to tell us what you're racing to the box office to see.

This doesn't really count as a movie, but HBO is turning A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin into a television series. They've cast Sean Bean as Eddard Stark. By hook or by crook, this is a series that I must see.

Garo 'lass!

Definitely that. I'm loving the cast that I've heard about HBO's Song of Ice and Fire.

The Road is definitely one I'm going to be seeing as soon as it comes out. I've been waiting more than a year for it, now.

Also, The Descent: Part Two, as soon as it hits the States. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lembech
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lembech

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 3:53 pm

theweirdkind wrote:
Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland

It's not so much about the Tim Burton part. It's just that I love Alice in Wonderland.
Yeah, I'm kinda iffy about the whole Tim Bu-OH SHIT IS THAT THE BANDERSNATCH? Excitedplz

I can't wait for that Where the Wild Things Are. I hope they don't focus too much on the human characters though. Also, 9.

EDIT: Sweet Jesus it's beautiful Click "viewing options" for HD quality.
Back to top Go down
Mae Bedlam
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mae Bedlam

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:18 am

This looks spectacular. Even if it turns out to be shit, I'll still probably watch it dozens of times because it all just looks so pretty.

Furthermore, Tom Waits as the Devil is the best casting choice in the history of ever.

And if this doesn't inspire tons of horrible Ledger/Depp fanfics, I will be at least slightly disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Good old-fashioned nightmare fuel
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:17 pm

I...cripes, I love Alice in Wonderland so much that my boyfriend yelled at me about it when I was fourteen, but Tim Burton has hurt me so many times. After the horrible job he did with Chocolate Factory, I even figured out the equation:

Tim Burton wins at making creepy things charming.
Tim Burton fails at making charming things creepy, especially when the source material was subtly creepy to begin with.

So we may well be fucked on that front. At least we'll have American McGee's version to fall back on. That having been said, I will watch. And hope. And maybe cry.

I can't wait for Imaginarium, though. Simply. Can't. Wait.
Back to top Go down
http://delcat.insanejournal.com
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:27 pm

Delcat wrote:
I...cripes, I love Alice in Wonderland so much that my boyfriend yelled at me about it when I was fourteen, but Tim Burton has hurt me so many times. After the horrible job he did with Chocolate Factory, I even figured out the equation:

Tim Burton fails at making charming things creepy, especially when the source material was subtly creepy to begin with.

So we may well be fucked on that front. At least we'll have American McGee's version to fall back on. That having been said, I will watch. And hope. And maybe cry.

Aw, I liked the Chocolate Factory remake.

I'm excited about Alice in Wonderland and a bunch of others. I won't confess to some, though!
Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 5:42 pm

Planet 51 That is all.
Back to top Go down
I_Lam_Edhellen
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
I_Lam_Edhellen

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:43 am

This looks like it's going to rock. I love the description of it.

Quote :
Sure, you've seen that Matrix movie, and you've probably seen a Bible in your local Bible Shoppe, but have you ever seen the two FUSED???
This also looks pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.realelvish.net
A_Note_Chaotic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 8:17 am

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:
This looks like it's going to rock. I love the description of it.

Quote :
Sure, you've seen that Matrix movie, and you've probably seen a Bible in your local Bible Shoppe, but have you ever seen the two FUSED???
This also looks pretty cool.

I want to see both of those, but Legion much more. Dude, the guy playing Gabriel (not Paul Bettany playing Michael, the other dude) is this bizarre combination of weird looking and super hot and HE HAS WINGS IN THIS I AM SO IN.
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 8:48 am

Delcat wrote:
After the horrible job he did with Chocolate Factory, I even figured out the equation:

scratch

I thought Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was pretty great, personally. A lot closer to the Roald Dahl book than the Gene Wilder version.
Back to top Go down
Lapin
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Lapin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:21 am

(Agrees with Miss Prince)
Back to top Go down
fishstickhater
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fishstickhater

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 11:15 am

I saw the trailer for Legion last night and I wasn't impressed. I don't know why. I should be peeing myself in excitement, (Paul Bettany? Angels? Battles? Yes!) but I'm not.

On the other hand, I definitely want to see this now.
Back to top Go down
fishstickhater
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fishstickhater

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 11:20 am

Delcat wrote:

Agreed on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I can't stand the newer version.
Then again, this is what they really looked like:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(I am such a Roald Dahl fangirl)
Back to top Go down
Lysander
Lysander

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 11:36 am

I_Lam_Edhellen wrote:

Yeah, I have. It was called "Matrix:Revolutions."
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 2:01 pm

Miss Prince wrote:
I thought Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was pretty great, personally. A lot closer to the Roald Dahl book than the Gene Wilder version.
Funny, I don't remember Wonka being an obnoxious, questionably homicidal manchild in the book. Or the unwieldy dentist backstory. Or Grandpa Joe having no personality and a handful of lines. Or the syrupy ending. Or the shitty CGI that suggested someone went, "Hey, the first blueberry scene was Fetish Fuel to enough people, let's play very deliberately on that to the point of making seasoned GAFFers uncomfortable!" Or...look, it hurt me inside, okay? Frankly, I think Burton has been basking in his own image for too long, and his work has suffered for it. I miss the Beetlejuice days.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 2:04 pm

I liked Coraline, though.
Back to top Go down
fishstickhater
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
fishstickhater

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 2:13 pm

Delcat wrote:
Miss Prince wrote:
Funny, I don't remember Wonka being an obnoxious, questionably homicidal manchild in the book. Or the unwieldy dentist backstory. Or Grandpa Joe having no personality and a handful of lines. Or the syrupy ending. Or the shitty CGI that suggested someone went, "Hey, the first blueberry scene was Fetish Fuel to enough people, let's play very deliberately on that to the point of making seasoned GAFFers uncomfortable!" Or...look, it hurt me inside, okay? Frankly, I think Burton has been basking in his own image for too long, and his work has suffered for it. I miss the Beetlejuice days.

This.
Thank you for being more coherent than me.
Back to top Go down
Mafiosa
You crack me up, little buddy!
You crack me up, little buddy!

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 2:30 pm

theweirdkind wrote:

Coraline was Selick, not Burton.
Back to top Go down
theweirdkind
Bastion of Sanity
Bastion of Sanity
theweirdkind

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 2:36 pm

Mafiosa wrote:
theweirdkind wrote:

Coraline was Selick, not Burton.
Woops. Sorry about that. :crap:
Back to top Go down
Miss Prince
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Miss Prince

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 2:37 pm

Delcat wrote:
Miss Prince wrote:
Funny, I don't remember Wonka being an obnoxious, questionably homicidal manchild in the book.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what he was, actually. Razz

I'll give you that the dentist thing was whack, and Burton thinks too highly of himself, but come on.
Back to top Go down
Delcat
Delcat

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 12:35 am

Yes, that's very true. But of an entirely different kind.

Also, to expand on Mafiosa's note, Selick is totally removed from Burton these days and seems to have had a falling out with him, and Neil Gaiman noted in his journal that he highly disapproved of the studio's deliberately misleading "From the director of Nightmare Before Christmas!" tags all over Coraline.
Back to top Go down
Dick Powers
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Dick Powers

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 1:47 am

fishstickhater wrote:

Agreed on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I can't stand the newer version.
Then again, this is what they really looked like:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

(I am such a Roald Dahl fangirl)

I have the first edition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and they don't even look like that. :hmm:

God, the illustrations in the first edition were creepy. :unskilled78:
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:21 am

SCRAM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies That Are Going to Rock!   Movies That Are Going to Rock! Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies That Are Going to Rock!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next