Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Things You've Learned from Badfic

Go down 
+108
Eeveegou
Nerdanel
Aspergirl
Dixie
ViewSonic
saja
King Bee
SHGCat
Reidmar
KJM
textrix
Summercorn
Mikey Go WOOGA
PendragonGirl
Un1t 0n3
Knorg
Euglena
beepchoc
fapfapfap
Petronella
Nevvy
Nihilist
tim gueguen
dracowaltztard
Azzandra
Realm Walker
V3N0M
Sutremaine
Lapin
Maximilia
PaganPunk
knightwithoutacause
Freezer
littledorrit
CaptainMcNeil
4shadowedice4
Owlish
Sunatic
Ghost in the Machine
Shubby the Lurkette
GeorgeUK
Cunovendus
neris
Vanilla-villa
Mouse
The Scientist
Quijotesca
Lurv
Cyberwulf
Dr. Quinzel
Reepicheep-chan
Exodia's Right Leg
Shinracentric
Anon
Ya-u
Trioculus
mluckw
gaijinguy
Somath Cegem
Baron Chuddlington III
Sorsa A. Jänis
EileenK98
frostflowers
T.S.Orr
Little Egypt
Korora
Melissa
szaleniec
Kevin M
Cactus Wren
Lembech
Soylent Green
Sheba
AverageLurker
Braigwen
Penguin
Dick Powers
Rabid Badger
quamp
Kitsune-chan
rae
Chocho
myeerah
Roo
Lexin
Dr. Professor Science
Fairlight
anangrychocobo
SirDixonDongs
KGarrett
Keith Fraser
Chaltab
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Sara Jaye
Narwhal
ZoZo
chelonianmobile
Miss Misery
Salamas
karmyn31
Wandering Critic
grmblfjx
kleine_kat
Sakurelf
HurriKaty
Miss Prince
unskilled78
Lady Anne
112 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Multiple kitchens? The closest anybody gets to multiple kitchens is in having a part of the kitchen dedicated to making meals for the servants. Which they don't do because generally the servants cook their meals AFTER they've cooked for their employers. IN THE SAME KITCHEN.

Having multiple kitchens is on the same line as having multiple bathrooms - wait, people actually DO that. But while you can have multiple ovens in a kitchen, you don't have multiple baths in a bathroom.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:37 pm

Sorsa A. Jänis wrote:
Fairlight wrote:
ZoZo wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:
4. It doesn't rain in England.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Presumably this was from someone who believed that all the Brits do is attend garden parties, drink tea and go "What". Therefore completely neglecting the fact that we have 56 words for "rain".
That is an unexpected one, I always thought we were so famous for having rain that people think it rains much more here than it actually does.
At least I had lived in an impression that it's always raining there and at least it's foggy. Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 611762
Pretty much. There's also three beautifully sunny days, randomly occurring at some point between April and October that we call "summer".
Back to top Go down
Baron Chuddlington III

Baron Chuddlington III

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Harley Quinn hyenaholic wrote:
Multiple kitchens? The closest anybody gets to multiple kitchens is in having a part of the kitchen dedicated to making meals for the servants. Which they don't do because generally the servants cook their meals AFTER they've cooked for their employers. IN THE SAME KITCHEN.

Having multiple kitchens is on the same line as having multiple bathrooms - wait, people actually DO that. But while you can have multiple ovens in a kitchen, you don't have multiple baths in a bathroom.
I have seven kitchens, thank you very much - one for each strata of our noble class system. Allowing their food to mingle could cause disaster - the lower classes would think that they're better than they really are and anarchy would ensue. My abode is outfitted with an extra kitchen solely for the use of the Queen when she vacations here. Everything inside it is gold encrusted and I keep it locked except for when servants need to cook her meal. No blackamoors are allowed within fifty feet of it for fear of contaminating Her Royal Highness' meal.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:03 am

Lady Anne wrote:

Lulz. Although... being from Washington, it took other people bitching about the rain for me to notice, even when out working on the flight line. But it does seem a touch colder here.
Back to top Go down
ZoZo
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
ZoZo

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:43 am

Penguin wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

Lulz. Although... being from Washington, it took other people bitching about the rain for me to notice, even when out working on the flight line. But it does seem a touch colder here.
Really? It's been positively balmy for the last few days. I only needed to wear a cardigan today!
Back to top Go down
Wandering Critic
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 10:51 am

Baron Chuddlington III wrote:
No blackamoors are allowed within fifty feet of it for fear of contaminating Her Royal Highness' meal.
How uncouth of you! Everyone knows that the Queen is Her Majesty, and it is princes and princesses who are addressed as "Your Highness".
Back to top Go down
http://wanderingcritic.wordpress.com/
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 7:01 pm

It doesn't matter how badly the marriage is failing, how much the couple hate each other, or if they're both having affairs. The minute the wife gets pregnant, the couple will immediately fall into twu wub again.

This hardly ever works in real life. I know a few kids who were conceived via these circumstances, and what generally happened was that the parents ended up divorcing anyway, they just waited till the kid was two or three, and they spent the rest of their lives being shuttled back and forth between their mom and dad.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 8:09 am

ZoZo wrote:
Penguin wrote:
Lady Anne wrote:

Really? It's been positively balmy for the last few days. I only needed to wear a cardigan today!

I just realized my sense of temperature has been thrown off from working after dark.
Back to top Go down
grmblfjx
Hot and Botherer
Hot and Botherer
grmblfjx

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Little Egypt wrote:
I live close to a building made entirely as a holiday home for Prince Regent a couple of hundred years ago, the Pavillion in Brighton, England. I've been in there on a tour and I can promise you that, despite the opulence of the place, there is only one kitchen.
But it IS bigger than my apartment.

Quote :
Also, we have been getting long droughts in the UK for about 10 years. So the 'doesn't rain' thing isn't too far from the truth.
I understand it rains less in Brighton than elsewhere.

ZoZo wrote:
There's also three beautifully sunny days, randomly occurring at some point between April and October that we call "summer".

My boyfriend, going to school in England, was given a book that pretended to be an encyclopedia on British things.

The entry for "summer" was:

"Usually a wednesday."
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySat Oct 31, 2009 7:00 pm

Anyone who stands in the way of the favored ship is evil. This is especially true if the OTP contains a Sue.
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
Lexin
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Lexin

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:06 am

grmblfjx wrote:
My boyfriend, going to school in England, was given a book that pretended to be an encyclopedia on British things.

"Usually a wednesday."
That is so, so true. Because if it was on a weekend, we might actually be able to enjoy it, but somehow that never happens.

There was one year (it might have been 1991) where, as far as I can remember, 'summer' was three unexpectedly warm weeks in February. The rest of the year sucked - it was grey and dull throughout, but there was a hosepipe ban because it didn't actually rain.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mpmrommel.co.uk
Somath Cegem
Wonderfully English
Wonderfully English
Somath Cegem

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 7:33 am

Lexin wrote:
grmblfjx wrote:

"Usually a wednesday."
That is so, so true. Because if it was on a weekend, we might actually be able to enjoy it, but somehow that never happens.

There was one year (it might have been 1991) where, as far as I can remember, 'summer' was three unexpectedly warm weeks in February. The rest of the year sucked - it was grey and dull throughout, but there was a hosepipe ban because it didn't actually rain.
I love the south and your hosepipe bans, because even if the north is behind is everything at least we never have to ration water.
Back to top Go down
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Harley Quinn hyenaholic

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySun Nov 01, 2009 6:33 pm

True love doesn't come about over a number of dates, a matter of weeks, or having anything in common. It is caused by two people having a fierce argument, then gazing into each other's eyes and deciding they want to have sex.

So it's not really true love. More like 'true sex'.

This works sometimes. But the only time you can make a cliche work is when you add something new to it. And Badfics don't do that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.fanfiction.net/~breechloader
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 1:54 pm

All fandoms need help from Twilight. Therefore, everyone wants to read crossovers between Twilight and everything else. Hence the almost 6,000 Twilight crossovers at the Pit.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Lady Anne wrote:
All fandoms need help from Twilight. Therefore, everyone wants to read crossovers between Twilight and everything else. Hence the almost 6,000 Twilight crossovers at the Pit.

Oh Christ, now my mind's reeling off a list. Twilight/WH40K ("In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only sparkles.")? Twilight/MtG (Planeswalker sparks sparkle)? Twilight/Mass Effect?
Back to top Go down
mluckw

mluckw

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySat Jul 03, 2010 4:26 pm

If someone from 2010 is tranported back in time to the 16th century, is only wearing modern clothes, and is only speaking modern English, then everybody will automatically trust that person and try to help him/her (and possibly fall in love with him/her). If they don't, they're evil.

Ron Weasley is evil. Ginny Weasley is a slut. Hermione Granger is a helpless female or a slut. Alternately, they are all evil and Harry is the only good person in the entire Wizarding World.

Stalking is love. So is pedophilia and rape. (Why yes, I was thinking of Twilight. Why do you ask?)

"I can change him, momma." With almost no actual problems and no help from counseling or medication.
Back to top Go down
Penguin
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Penguin

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:55 am

gaijinguy wrote:
Twilight/WH40K ("In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only sparkles.")?

IIRC, it's been done. Also IIRC, the entire Twilight cast was purged by the Inquisition.
Back to top Go down
gaijinguy
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
gaijinguy

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Penguin wrote:
gaijinguy wrote:
Twilight/WH40K ("In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only sparkles.")?

IIRC, it's been done. Also IIRC, the entire Twilight cast was purged by the Inquisition.

Links, or it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Keith Fraser
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Keith Fraser

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:30 pm

I haz links, because I wrote the crossover outline/prologue in question (unless Penguin is thinking of another one):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
Imperial Communique 1337-47-666-BBQ
Action Report: Exploration and Liberation of "Meyer's World"

Inquisitorial support was requested following the discovery of an
early-industrial stage human colony in star system WTF-1471 by
exploratory vessel "Twilight", captained by Rogue Trader Robertus
Pattinz. The fourth planet in the system, provisionally designated
"Meyer's World" after the ship's Navigator (currently under
interrogation for suspected daemonic contamination), was found to
harbour a population of some six billion humans. Trade negotiations
with the world's leaders were hampered by its disunity, but proved
fruitful. However, when several of the vessel's junior officers went on
a hunting expedition in the northern region of the smaller of the
planet's two main landmasses, they encountered daemonic creatures
capable of passing as human when not in direct sunlight. On discovering
the inhuman nature of these entities, the officers naturally attempted
to destroy them. Two of these vigilant servants of the Emperor lost
their lives in the ensuing battle, but the daemonic "family" resident
in the area was eradicated and one of their human thralls taken into
custody.

On being appraised of this situation by Captain Pattinz, I made haste
to System WTF-1471 via Inquisitorial courier ship. Interrogation of the
captured thrall, a young female who believed herself to be romantically
involved with one of these creatures, revealed that a large number of
sthem existed among the world's population, sustaining themselves on
human blood and converting humans into more of their own kind. These
"vampires" (connections with other similarly designated warp entities
can only be hypothesized about) were governed by a secret cabal
possessed of considerable sorcerous powers.

Having determined and verified (through covert investigations among the
world's population) the nature and scale of the threat, I took the step
of requesting assistance from the Grey Knights. While awaiting the
arrival of the strike cruiser Foe-Hammer
from Titan under Brother-Captain Stern, I chose to liaise with segments
of Meyer's World's political leadership, all of whom were shocked and
disgusted to learn of the daemonic threat in their midst. The Grey
Knights' operations against the vampires could therefore be carried out
with local support and with minimal need for discretion or subtlety.

I am pleased to report that the Grey Knights, as always, performed
their duty with exemplary zeal. Brother-Captain Stern personally led a
teleport assault on the lair of the "Volturi" (the vampire leadership).
The daemons' sorcery was ineffective against the shield of the Grey
Knights' faith, and all those within their hideout were slaughtered,
with two Grey Knight battle-brothers giving their lives to ensure
victory. The Volturi's records were then used to identify prominent
vampire "hunting grounds", within which auguries and telepathic scans
were used to locate each and every vampire, which was duly put down by
a Grey Knight squad. Within four weeks the planet was cleansed of the
vampire threat, and negotiations begun to admit the world to the
Imperium with popular support (galvanized by the sight of the inhuman
warp-predators openly attacking humans as they sought to escape the
Grey Knights and battling them in the streets).

The Emperor Protects.

Inquisitor Thande
Ordo Malleus

At some point I may write the full story.
Back to top Go down
Trioculus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Trioculus

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:36 pm

mluckw wrote:
Ron Weasley is evil. Ginny Weasley is a slut. Hermione Granger is a helpless female or a slut. Alternately, they are all evil and Draco Malfoy is the only good person in the entire Wizarding World.

Fixed that for you.
Smile
Back to top Go down
mluckw

mluckw

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Trioculus wrote:
mluckw wrote:
Ron Weasley is evil. Ginny Weasley is a slut. Hermione Granger is a helpless female or a slut. Alternately, they are all evil and Draco Malfoy is the only good person in the entire Wizarding World.

Fixed that for you.
Smile

Maybe it should be Tom Riddle instead.

Hmm...now I want a story where Voldemort and the Death Eaters are good and Harry and Co. are bad.
Back to top Go down
KGarrett
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
KGarrett

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:07 pm

I've seen at least one fic that's done that. I'll see if I can dig it up.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 7:42 pm

Crazy people appear sane until they start telling you about their ebul plan. At that point, they start drooling.
Back to top Go down
Ya-u

Ya-u

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 12:33 pm

What I've learned:

-All attractive men wear boxers.

-All attractive women wear thongs or cute little lacy panties.

-Adult men will fall in love with and have sex with 15 year-old Mary Sues even though they could go to prison for it. They don't consider that because it's twu wuv.

-Any character is capable of raping any other character. No matter what.

I read a Bleach fanfic where Ichigo was raping Hitsugaya. Hitsugaya can beat the smack out of Ichigo. So, I can't imagine that Ichigo would be able to successfully rape Hitsugaya like he did in this fanfic.
Back to top Go down
Anon
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Anon

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:36 pm

Ya-u wrote:
-Any character is capable of raping any other character. No matter what.

I read a Bleach fanfic where Ichigo was raping Hitsugaya. Hitsugaya can beat the smack out of Ichigo. So, I can't imagine that Ichigo would be able to successfully rape Hitsugaya like he did in this fanfic.
Tricky one. The writers in Bleach are completely incapable of getting the relative strength thing consistent, so there are huge swathes of canon where Ichigo at full strength should be more than capable of raping Hitsugaya, even if canon gives us evidence to the contrary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things You've Learned from Badfic   Things You've Learned from Badfic - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things You've Learned from Badfic
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next