Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nerdanel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along Empty
PostSubject: Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along   Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 3:17 pm

It turns out that the new, Campbell-nominated sff author Benjanun Sriduangkaew is really the vicious troll Winterfox/Requires Hate/acrackedmoon/etc. This has raised quite a stir, as many people in the professional sff circles were not happy to learn that the sugary sweet young Thai woman writing purple prose about genociding the white people was under other names responsible for numerous cases of really nasty death threats, rape threats, and little stuff like that, many against her fellow authors.

Apparently "Benjanun Sriduangkaew" is yet another alias. No photographs of her exist, so feel free to speculate whether or not she is really Chinese-Thai lesbian or if she (or he) just made up that background for SJW points. I'm thinking it's the latter.

There's a lot to this scandal, so rather than summarize everything I'll let the following links speak for themselves to get people up to speed:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nerdanel on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along Empty
PostSubject: Re: Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along   Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Out of Curiosity, has anyone actually read any of Benjanun Sriduangkaew's published works? I've been wondering that ever since the scandal broke. Is BS one of those rare people who is both talented and an asshole or is BS just your common everyday variety asshole?
Back to top Go down
Nerdanel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along   Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 3:53 am

Her stuff is available online. I haven't read it, as the little excerpts I saw looked painfully purple. Reading that stuff could be "worthwhile" though.

The funny thing is, even though Requires Hate attacked other people's stories with the view that depiction totally means endorsement, her Hugo-nominated short story is, according to other people, about the Asian main characters genociding those disgusting white people with a biologically engineered ebola equivalent and apparently some nukes too. The genocide succeeds, and this is mean to be a happy ending. I saw some serious racism in a brief excerpt.

I suppose that kind of thing is "edgy" and transgressive nowadays... I can't shake the feeling that her stories are meant to make her SJW supporters look ridiculous and hypocritical for endorsing something that they would find an utterly deplorable Nazi fantasy if the races involved were changed to "white" and "black". The other option is that she really means every word, given the violent anti-white rhetoric her Requires Hate persona slathered everywhere on her book review blog and elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Mouse
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Mouse

PostSubject: Re: Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along   Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:13 pm

Could you point me towards her Hugo-nominated story? Did some googling but had no luck.

Thing is, once upon a time, I read an essay on FictionPress by her called "Please Let Me Keep My Sanity." Don't remember anything super-offensive about it. Was shocked years later when I did some googling and discovered just what a shitstain Winterfox is.
Back to top Go down
Reidmar
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Reidmar

Location : A string of Code in the Interwebz( IF living = true input ragequit)

PostSubject: Re: Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along   Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:53 pm

Mouse wrote:
Could you point me towards her Hugo-nominated story? Did some googling but had no luck.

Thing is, once upon a time, I read an essay on FictionPress by her called "Please Let Me Keep My Sanity." Don't remember anything super-offensive about it. Was shocked years later when I did some googling and discovered just what a shitstain Winterfox is.

Google. Reliable. Ye-okay. I'm just going to go laugh in a corner.
Back to top Go down
Nerdanel
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along   Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 4:19 am

Courtship in the Country of the Machine-Gods. I correct my earlier words - that story is categorized as a novelette, so it's not all that short.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along   Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along Empty

Back to top Go down

Award-nominated author revealed to have been a notorious Internet troll all along
Page 1 of 1