Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mary Sues in Original Fiction

Go down 
+19
Chris91
Waffles
anangrychocobo
Roo
DarthDarthington
the asylum
Root Admin
Fairlight
Miraba
Dr. Professor Science
unskilled78
The Unoriginal
KGarrett
Tungsten Monk
Maximilia
Harley Quinn hyenaholic
Jay/Cris
Keith Fraser
theweirdkind
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Roo

Roo

Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mary Sues in Original Fiction   Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 12:53 am

Wohooo!
Back to top Go down
http://hyaroo.livejournal.com
anangrychocobo
Sporkbender
Sporkbender

PostSubject: Re: Mary Sues in Original Fiction   Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:06 am

Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
Fairlight
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Keeper of the Gaffapedia
Fairlight

PostSubject: Re: Mary Sues in Original Fiction   Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 3:22 pm

Congrats on the A. Smile
Back to top Go down
Waffles
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Waffles

PostSubject: Re: Mary Sues in Original Fiction   Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:33 am

Mary Sues are positive portrayals of womyn. They have special powers instead of being powerless and at the whims of their masters. They are as beautiful as they want to be, as amazing as they desire, can nail any man they desire, and are able to make a difference, unlike real womyn.

Womyn should be Mary Sues.

And Gary Stus, well, they're just evil men. They don't mean anything.
Back to top Go down
Chris91
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Chris91

PostSubject: Re: Mary Sues in Original Fiction   Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:10 am

Get over yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Mary Sues in Original Fiction   Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:14 am

Honestly? Read any Harlequin romance novel. The heroine is always beautiful in some way, even if she thinks she's ugly; she's always a successful and inpendant woman who alone can 'fix' the ice-hearted bad-boy hero who had vowed to never love again. Oh yeah, and generally she's also either a doctor or a writer or a singer or a gifted equestrienne, sometimes all at the same time.
Back to top Go down
kleine_kat
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
kleine_kat

PostSubject: Re: Mary Sues in Original Fiction   Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 8:41 am

Luke and Anakin Skywalker. Luke, yes. Anakin Skywalker...kind of has a few flaws. Like, no arms and legs. And everybody hates him once he's older than 9.

Captain James T. Kirk - Hell yes! Although somewhat redeemed in ST2009

Spock, somewhat - NOOOO! He's cool! And his inability to have fun surely must absolve him from Suism?

Captain Picard - he's BALD! Sues can't be BALD! And he happens to be cool, as in genuinely cool.

Commander Riker - The poor man's face looks like someone's bottom. Surely that is a flaw?

Lt. Geordi La Forge (His only real "flaw" is his inability to date & that comes up in 2 episodes total.) He sucks. Therefore he can't be a Sue.

Wesley Crusher - I abandoned Next Gen before he got a large role, but somehow I can't get the image out of my head that Riker boned him? By surprise? Up the ass?

Anyone from Preacher? There are NO Stus or Sues! I mean, even the main character is so fucked up even his twagic backstory makes him more interesting. And Preacher has ARSEFACE. If you haven't read it for fear of Sues, read it. Really. It's sick in a wonderfully perverse way.

Captain America...Well, probably in most ways. Like Superman, his character an sich screams Stu like Axl Rose on stage...but if you read The Ultimates, he's very human, and quite likable. Not a Stu at all.

Personal opinion, of course :lolinsane:
Back to top Go down
Psy-4
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction

PostSubject: Re: Mary Sues in Original Fiction   Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi, I'm kleine_kat and I don't read threads. Ask me about how I am two months late for the party.
Back to top Go down
Sheba
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sheba

PostSubject: Re: Mary Sues in Original Fiction   Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 3:08 pm

Just thought of a major one: Sara Crewe in A Little Princess. He father(who later dies) adores her and indulges her every whim, she has lived in multiple countries by age 7, speaks French like a native, is beautiful in a way that makes all the girls at her boarding school jealous, is the only one clever enough to see through the Headmistress' bullshit, is much loved for her gift of telling stories and for her dancing ability and her aptitude at lessons, yet she's still a sweet and selfless and forgiving girl who never becomes bitter in any appreciable way, and at the end is obscenely rich and being doted on by a friend of her father's.
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Mary Sues in Original Fiction   Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:22 pm

I think Angela from Bones is kinda a sue. Goddamn is she too perfect to be a real person. She is just sooooooo pretty and sooooooooo smart and sooooooooo artistic and soooooooo good with computers and suuuuuuuuch and easy person to get along with. Everyone in that show is too smart and talented to be real, but I call total bullshit on Angela in particular.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Professor Science
Ghoti
Ghoti
Dr. Professor Science

Location : One of the guys with the giant papier-mâché dongs in Lysistrata

PostSubject: Re: Mary Sues in Original Fiction   Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 11:51 pm

kleine_kat wrote:
Captain James T. Kirk - Hell yes! Although somewhat redeemed in ST2009
Did you watch the same series and movies as I did? It's the other way around!

Reepicheep-chan wrote:
I think Angela from Bones is kinda a sue. Goddamn is she too perfect to be a real person. She is just sooooooo pretty and sooooooooo smart and sooooooooo artistic and soooooooo good with computers and suuuuuuuuch and easy person to get along with. Everyone in that show is too smart and talented to be real, but I call total bullshit on Angela in particular.
I think Bones is a Sue. She's just so forced into the role that she is simply because you can tell whoever came up with it thought that she was cute or something. Someone who doesn't understand culture wouldn't be able to write a hit fiction novel. She has a perfect boyfriend to boot, everyone likes her and thinks she's quirky, she's a genius... gah. Unrealistic representation of people who don't understand how society works.

NECRO NECRO NECRO NECRO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mary Sues in Original Fiction   Mary Sues in Original Fiction - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mary Sues in Original Fiction
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2