Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr.Doobie
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
Mr.Doobie

Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations Empty
PostSubject: Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations   Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Really, there's been so much said about the accidentally racist "Accidental Racist" there's no point to say anything else. Just Google it...

Some golden highlights...

Quote :
If you don’t judge my do-rag/ I won’t judge your red flag

Quote :
If you don’t judge my gold chains/ I’ll forget the iron chains

Really, the song speaks for itself.

THE MASON DIXON NEEDS SOME FIXIN'!
Back to top Go down
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations   Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations EmptyThu May 02, 2013 9:19 am

The Todd in the Shadows/ Rap Critic review of this was great.
Back to top Go down
Cunovendus
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Cunovendus

PostSubject: Re: Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations   Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations EmptyThu May 02, 2013 10:34 am

Quote :
just because my pants are saggin' doesn't mean I'm up to no good...

So...he's saying that people shouldn't associate a style of fashion with certain behaviour? Great! I'm off to shave my head, get a Swastika tattoo and buy a white hooded robe with eye slits, since it doesn't make me a racist thug according to this guy!
Back to top Go down
Jay/Cris
The Word Police
The Word Police
Jay/Cris

PostSubject: Re: Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations   Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations EmptyThu May 02, 2013 10:41 am

Cunovendus wrote:
Quote :
just because my pants are saggin' doesn't mean I'm up to no good...

So...he's saying that people shouldn't associate a style of fashion with certain behaviour? Great! I'm off to shave my head, get a Swastika tattoo and buy a white hooded robe with eye slits, since it doesn't make me a racist thug according to this guy!

No, he says sagging pants don't mean he's a criminal. And doing all those things to yourself doesn't actually make you a racist thug, it just says that you're very willing to identify with them. Since nazis and religious racists don't rank quite the same as the whole of the hiphop-culture, well...

Combining all those things also makes you an odd sort of fashion victim, but that's neither here nor there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crisiks.livejournal.com
Reepicheep-chan
Important Person
Important Person
Reepicheep-chan

PostSubject: Re: Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations   Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations EmptyThu May 02, 2013 11:20 am

Yeah that aspect of the song is fine, it is pretty much the entire rest of the song that is terrible.

Srsly, Cool J is the most laid back prosecuted minority ever. "Just don't give me shit about my clothes and I will FORGIVE SLAVERY." Haha what?

But I think hinging this whole racist-by-accident thing on the rebel flag is the dumbest decision. I mean a child could tell you why waving that bitch around would justifiably make a black person uncomfortable. Paisley could have picked something that a not-idiot might say or do that was "accidentally racist." The song would still reek of clueless entitlement but at least it would have the potential to be relate-able that way.
Back to top Go down
TheHedonist
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
TheHedonist

PostSubject: Re: Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations   Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations EmptyThu May 02, 2013 4:39 pm

ITT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations   Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations Empty

Back to top Go down

Aging Hip Hop Star and Pop Country Artist Make Song About Race Relations
Page 1 of 1