Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worst Christmas Songs

Go down 
+14
Exodia's Right Leg
Dixie
cristina_chavia
Mr.Doobie
Reepicheep-chan
GamemasterAnthony
EileenK98
Mikey Go WOOGA
Hot Cancer
WD40
Cyberwulf
Nihilist
grmblfjx
LeeLee
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rabid Badger
And This is Why I Need Medication
Rabid Badger

Worst Christmas Songs - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worst Christmas Songs   Worst Christmas Songs - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 8:15 pm

WD40, I love you and would gladly bear your spawn, except I'm too old. I just wish my brother were still alive so I could send this to him (assuming he didn't already have it).

Do you, by any chance have the "A Very Scary Solstice' and "An Even Scarier Solstice' CDs by the HPLHS?
Back to top Go down
WD40
Knight of the Bleach
Knight of the Bleach
WD40

PostSubject: Re: Worst Christmas Songs   Worst Christmas Songs - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 2:55 am

I don't, no... Because I'm dirt poor Worst Christmas Songs - Page 2 309696 But if anyone else wants them they can be ordered here (along with some adorable tentacle stockings)

A couple songs were released as adverts - the other was Freddy the Red-Brained Mi-Go

Back on track, this is the Mr. Blobby Song:

It was Christmas #1 here in the UK in 1993 (Back when Chart Christmas #1's were still taken seriously, believe it or not, before Simon Cowell replaced the tradition with his annual karaoke act.) It booted off Meat Loaf's "I will do anything for love" from it's 7-week #1 place, and had a brief argument with Take That's "Babe" before capturing the #1 spot for Christmas Day.

Mr. Blobby is not only considered to be the worst Christmas song of all time according to HMV & NME polls, but if you look at the list of Christmas #1's, you can see that it can also be blamed for killing the Christmas Chart completely.

Back to top Go down
Rabid Badger
Rabid Badger

PostSubject: Re: Worst Christmas Songs   Worst Christmas Songs - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 5:56 pm

WD-40, you have my sincerest sympathies. I think this beats out anything that's been released here in the US (including 'Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer') as the absolute worst Christmas...you know, I'm not even going to call it a song. Plus, I can't be the only person to recognize (from my days of watching MTV when they still showed videos) that the tune sounds a LOT like Band Aid's "Do they Know It's Christmas,' and the three chicks in the black dresses were stolen directly from Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love' video?
Back to top Go down
Summercorn
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
Summercorn

PostSubject: Re: Worst Christmas Songs   Worst Christmas Songs - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:51 am

Love, Slade, Wizzard and Elton John. And anything from Andy Williams Christmas Album. (What? My parents played it every Christmas, it is Christmas to me.)

Hate? Stop the Cavalry. Boring, overlong monotonal tripe. I've loathed it since the first time I heard it. And every damn time since.

As for Do they know it's Christmas, the first one I can deal with. The karaoke copies since? Yuck.

I have three cd Christmas songfest. Oddest thing on it is Would you like to Swing on a Star.

Wassat got to do with Christmas? scratch

Kudos goes to A Spaceman came Travelling. The song is meh, but the sound of Chris DeBurgh going round the bend at the end makes me smile. And a smile at Yuletide is not to be despised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Christmas Songs   Worst Christmas Songs - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worst Christmas Songs
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2