Why God, Why?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Why God, Why?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

People Who Fall In Love With Murderers

Go down 
+2
Exodia's Right Leg
Sakurelf
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sakurelf
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Sakurelf

People Who Fall In Love With Murderers Empty
PostSubject: People Who Fall In Love With Murderers   People Who Fall In Love With Murderers EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 12:03 am

I know this is a fairly well-documented psychological phenomenon, but what the fuck.

Back in February, a highschool student shot up his lunchroom.
Being moderately good-looking, he now has a fan-following of people who believe he is "too innocent to murder" or want to be his prison pen-pal or have sex dreams about him. Because raging real-life psychopaths make me all hot and bothered.

Can't tell if trolling...
Or just completely insane.
I love the "what'd she do" bit at the end.

Apparently TJ had an ex girlfriend who broke up with him (Now, I'm no expert, but it might just be because she detected some fucking sociopathic tendencies in her woobie) and her new boyfriend was shot. Tumblr immediately leaps to villify her and excuse any action of TJ lane due to hotness.

Aaaaand this:

anonymous wrote:

People need to chill. Yes, he took other's lives away. What he did was wrong; no one's denying that. But the fact that he IS still breathing means he can still feel. No matter what anyone has done in their past, regardless whether it was recent or not, they don't deserve to spend their entire rest of their days feeling empty and lonely. Especially not when the person is young enough to still possibly have half a century left to live. There's nothing absolutely wrong with him having penpals.

Teenagewh0re wrote:
TJ Lane is so fucking hot, I don’t care if he killed people. He’s fantastic

whalesss wrote:
I don’t understand how TJ Lane wasn’t noticed. If I went to his school I would be all up on him. he’s hot. mmmm

I just... Girls, seriously. He's a sociopath. You cannot cure him with your true love. You will neither recieve power from him, nor change him.
Though perhaps I'm just getting too worked up about the issue. Stupid people falling in love with murderers seems to be a self-fixing problem. People Who Fall In Love With Murderers 199471

Last edited by Sakurelf on Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: People Who Fall In Love With Murderers   People Who Fall In Love With Murderers EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:07 am

She's not like those people who were murdered.
Back to top Go down
Lady Anne
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
NO NOT THE BEEEEES
Lady Anne

PostSubject: Re: People Who Fall In Love With Murderers   People Who Fall In Love With Murderers EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 7:45 am

It kind of reminds me of women who fall for known abusers. A woman of my acquaintance married a guy who was in prison for abusing his first wife. When he got out, he proceeded to do the same thing to her, so she left him, at which point he tried to have her killed. They are now back together and expecting a baby.

People Who Fall In Love With Murderers 724940
Back to top Go down
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/anneblair/index.html
knightwithoutacause
Sporkbender
Sporkbender
knightwithoutacause

PostSubject: Re: People Who Fall In Love With Murderers   People Who Fall In Love With Murderers EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 6:25 pm

I think some of the allure of loving and marrying someone in prison is the false notion girls are fed that they can change a man with the power of their true love. I'm looking at you, Beauty and the Beast.

They also never have to worry about where their lover is since he cannot leave the jail. I say he because most of the time it is a woman who attaches herself to a male inmate. She also gets his complete devotion and attention since there isn't much more for him to do if he isn't in a prison where they permit the inmates to do some work and earn degrees. All he can do is just wait for her to send him another letter or visit him. She's the one with the true power, and that can be very enticing to some women.

Then we also have the women who go back to what is familiar. They lived with a violent father then went on to find someone just like that father.

I've always been fascinated by the women who were at Ted Bundy's trial who wore the colors he liked, dyed their hair the color of his victims, and even had their hair in the exact style of the majority of his victims.
Back to top Go down
Exodia's Right Leg
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Exodia's Right Leg

PostSubject: Re: People Who Fall In Love With Murderers   People Who Fall In Love With Murderers EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 6:23 am

Hey, slavishly following a guy through thick and thin no matter what he does is supposed to be a good thing, right?
Back to top Go down
The Unoriginal
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
Shitgobbling pissdrinker
The Unoriginal

PostSubject: Re: People Who Fall In Love With Murderers   People Who Fall In Love With Murderers EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:36 pm

knightwithoutacause wrote:
I think some of the allure of loving and marrying someone in prison is the false notion girls are fed that they can change a man with the power of their true love. I'm looking at you, Beauty and the Beast.
Heey, the Beast's fault was having been a) shallow, and b) childish. Compared to the best abusers - those who put you in a situation where you're going to fail no matter what, and punish you for it - he's just a child with more vigorous tantrums. Think man-cubs don't get that violent? My daughter came home from kindergarten with a bite mark on her thigh for having dared to win a climbing race. The mother tried and justify her daughter (yeah, it was a lovely-looking red-haired litlle girl) by saying "she needs salf-esteem".
Cue me going all-out Mama Bear and snarling, "What your daughter needs (beat) is a muzzle."
(Also I saw her at a birthday party try and choke a kid that was twice her age and size).

Back to topic, only in the Disney adaptation the problem of the Beast has gone from ugliness to impulse control problem. The Perrault version even had him letting himself starve to death because Beauty had gone away and would not return. I think there's a slight difference between resorting to violence when arguing after tempers have escalated, and creating an environment of constant fear for your quote unquote beloved ones.

Back to top Go down
Aggie
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Armbiter of Good Fanfiction
Aggie

PostSubject: Re: People Who Fall In Love With Murderers   People Who Fall In Love With Murderers EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 8:30 pm

The Unoriginal wrote:

I think there's a slight difference between resorting to violence when arguing after tempers have escalated, and creating an environment of constant fear for your quote unquote beloved ones.

May I just point out that, as this is a textual medium, you don't have to spell out quote marks; you can actually use them. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People Who Fall In Love With Murderers   People Who Fall In Love With Murderers Empty

Back to top Go down

People Who Fall In Love With Murderers
Page 1 of 1